Pro-Kabaddi league - Interesting, underrated...

randomGuy

2 matches ( 40 mins each) on most days...12 teams.

Credit to the players and management for creating this league which I follow ....

Much more interesting than ipl.

Commentary is atrocious though. TIP: watch it with barely audible sound to enjoy the league.

New raider Naveen from dabang Delhi is a sensation ...Fazal Atrachali the Irani Sultan of kabaddi from U Mumba is a great defender....

Lots more exciting players.

Followed initial seasons but couldn't keep up, already too much on my plate. Now watch kabaddi only when Indian national team plays, myself Ajay Thakur fan albeit he seems to be in decline based on what I saw in last year's Asian Games. Wow so many successful sports leagues right now, even TT, chess, cue sports, poker etc have their leagues. Read that PKL is second biggest (ISL?) behind IPL...this is where Hockey India has lost the plot, those mofos are looking to rejig their league as 5 a side wallah circus. A well played hockey game blows T20 out of the water, and hockey is in our blood, such a huge opportunity waiting and these HI clowns manage to fukc it up. 

36 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Followed initial seasons but couldn't keep up, already too much on my plate. Now watch kabaddi only when Indian national team plays, myself Ajay Thakur fan albeit he seems to be in decline based on what I saw in last year's Asian Games. Wow so many successful sports leagues right now, even TT, chess, cue sports, poker etc have their leagues. Read that PKL is second biggest (ISL?) behind IPL...this is where Hockey India has lost the plot, those mofos are looking to rejig their league as 5 a side wallah circus. A well played hockey game blows T20 out of the water, and hockey is in our blood, such a huge opportunity waiting and these HI clowns manage to fukc it up. 

52 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

I used to watch it all the time when the league first started. I like how frequent the seasons of the tournament are. 

In Kabaddi, raiders peak for 2-3 years, less than in cricket etc. Can't sustain those levels after that....

But India has the depth to replace the past superstars with even faster and better players than what they were at their peak(Naveen who I mentioned is just 19)..

New players bring excitement...yes, it has second highest viewership after ipl...once the commentary gets better it could be most watched imho...till then Enjoy with low sound, nice to hear coaches' and players' voice though during the matches.....

Edited by randomGuy