Whats wrong with the Chargers

swami1984

Hey guys, I'm a newbie to this forum and being a Hyderabadi and having had high hopes on Chargers - I must ask...what is wrong with them? Or is just a case of bad start and perhaps they can string something towards the end? Please - no answers such as Laxman is crap captain, remove him etc....honestly he needs to be in the final XI because in current team not many other batsmen who are better than him. And I think Laxman knows his worth in the side, due to which he did not take the icon status. Laxman knows that he may not be the most captainship-worthy in the team, but the only other guy who can captain is Gilly. I often see Laxman being proactive, taking advice from Gilly and other experience guys, and FOR EACH BOWLER, I've seen him walk up to the bowler and help him set a field. So IMO Laxman has been not bad as a captain (he's doing his job). My point is look, hes no Mike Brearley, Steve Waugh or our own Dada, but he's trying to the best of his abilities. Also I don't know the stuff being said about Afridi. Sure he's a crap batsman but he's picked for his allround abilities and he sure as hell is a nasty bowler (hard to hit, from what I see). And Symonds is just an amazing batsman (keeps the run rate up even though wickets fell early today). Gilly failed but that is Gilly - he performs like 50 % of the time. Now, that being said...whats wrong with the team? Why are they 0-3?? :(( How can they improve?

There is no team spirit. No matter how many great players you can string together, cricket is a TEAM game. And, the players are too damn aloof with each other. The coaches, managers, etc. should help build better relations. Look at Rajasthan Royals - they are playing as a unit, and they have the belief that they can be competitive. Much of this credit goes to Warne, because he is also the coach. Chennai - Dhoni is an excellent captain and has brought the team together and you can witness a good camaraderie. Kokata - Dada, in his inspirational best has made Ponting a jumping bunny, enjoying with Ishant and the rest. Delhi - They have a strong inner core of Indian (Delhi) players which helps with the team spirit, as there are not many strangers. Bangalore - has shown signs of unity with the energy of Kohli lifting the others. Hyderabad's two Aussie players are not playing with passion. If you compare the other Aussies in IPL, that's a big difference. Symonds just seems indifferent to it all as if he is being forced to play (and he is here after all just for the money). I think he despises India and the doormat that Laxman is, isnt helping matters. Gilly has just become too old.

RIP Deccan Chargers
Can't say that yet dude....11 more games to go...I mean since 50% of teams make it to semis, there is still a possibility of Chargers stringing some wins to make it. But they need to fix something...I just don't know what it is

Hey guys, I'm a newbie to this forum and being a Hyderabadi and having had high hopes on Chargers - I must ask...what is wrong with them? Or is just a case of bad start and perhaps they can string something towards the end? Please - no answers such as Laxman is crap captain, remove him etc....honestly he needs to be in the final XI because in current team not many other batsmen who are better than him. And I think Laxman knows his worth in the side, due to which he did not take the icon status. Laxman knows that he may not be the most captainship-worthy in the team, but the only other guy who can captain is Gilly. I often see Laxman being proactive, taking advice from Gilly and other experience guys, and FOR EACH BOWLER, I've seen him walk up to the bowler and help him set a field. So IMO Laxman has been not bad as a captain (he's doing his job). My point is look, hes no Mike Brearley, Steve Waugh or our own Dada, but he's trying to the best of his abilities. Also I don't know the stuff being said about Afridi. Sure he's a crap batsman but he's picked for his allround abilities and he sure as hell is a nasty bowler (hard to hit, from what I see). And Symonds is just an amazing batsman (keeps the run rate up even though wickets fell early today). Gilly failed but that is Gilly - he performs like 50 % of the time. Now, that being said...whats wrong with the team? Why are they 0-3?? :(( How can they improve?
Swami Ill be more than willing to answer your question. First factor: heavy reliance on batsmen Hyderabad batsmen: Gibbs, Gilchrist, Afridi, Laxman, Symonds, Sharma, Styris Bowlers: RP Singh, Zoysa, Vaas, Kalyankrishnan, Ohja -Clearly a big difference in the batting talent compared to bowling. Look how much superior they are in batting, and the sad part is that these batsmen are top batsmen, but how many will actually get to play? with 4 int. player rule Second factor: Lack of variety in the squad -Too many of these bits and pieces cricketers, what the fack is styris and symo doing on the same team Third factor: Very shitty regional players Venugopal Rao, Bangar(where did he come from????, what the use of him?), Kalyankrishna(who is this? Theres no way they can win this tournament with this very unbalanced team. Dont try to blame this on the captain but blame it on the deccan team management for wasting nearly 80% of their money on batsmen.

Swami Ill be more than willing to answer your question. First factor: heavy reliance on batsmen Hyderabad batsmen: Gibbs, Gilchrist, Afridi, Laxman, Symonds, Sharma, Styris Bowlers: RP Singh, Zoysa, Vaas, Kalyankrishnan, Ohja -Clearly a big difference in the batting talent compared to bowling. Look how much superior they are in batting, and the sad part is that these batsmen are top batsmen, but how many will actually get to play? with 4 int. player rule Second factor: Lack of variety in the squad -Too many of these bits and pieces cricketers, what the fack is styris and symo doing on the same team Third factor: Very shitty regional players Venugopal Rao, Bangar(where did he come from????, what the use of him?), Kalyankrishna(who is this? Theres no way they can win this tournament with this very unbalanced team. Dont try to blame this on the captain but blame it on the deccan team management for wasting nearly 80% of their money on batsmen.
They thought it was a batsmen's game... :dance:

It has everything to do with laxman....They are an unbalanced side and the only time they got runs on the board, that hurt them. When your side is weak, you better hope your captains name is Dhoni and you have a bloody legend of a last over bowler named jogi in there. Laxman is a walking wicket in there. Real crappy domestic players. They dont seem to bat deep either. I didn't understand how someone like Rohit sharma had a bad SR. Symmonds 100 was the fastest in the trny and yet you managed only 217.

I think the team lacks a leader. There are 3 captains controlling the team, VVS, Symo and Gilly. VVS of the three has least control. They are too desperate to win and do not know how to. How on earth can one explain two no balls for having only 3 fielders inside the 30 yard circle in the last but one over? That can only happen if more than one are tweaking the field. Those two extra balls could have come in handy in the last over. This is the only team that has been fined twice with no balls for having less fielders in the in field. That sums it up all for me. Clear lack of vision, leadership and relying too much on individual brilliance to win them a game. It requires more than just couple of guys to do well to win a game. Just ask Jaipur. They had 8 players contributing well enough.

I think the team lacks a leader. There are 3 captains controlling the team' date=' VVS, Symo and Gilly. [b']VVS of the three has least control. They are too desperate to win and do not know how to. How on earth can one explain two no balls for having only 3 fielders inside the 30 yard circle in the last but one over? That can only happen if more than one are tweaking the field. Those two extra balls could have come in handy in the last over. This is the only team that has been fined twice with no balls for having less fielders in the in field. That sums it up all for me. Clear lack of vision, leadership and relying too much on individual brilliance to win them a game. It requires more than just couple of guys to do well to win a game. Just ask Jaipur. They had 8 players contributing well enough.
...that exactly was my remark in other thread but there weren't many who agreed..can't remember the comments but thats exactly whats wrong with that team ( classic case of too many chefs )

Whats done is done guys ill just leave it at that. we can say whatever we want, in the end its the players who have to perform,i just hope Deccan Chargers can pull of something miraculous, ive been depressed as ever watching them play.

Rohan...one suggestion.. Support ONLY VVS ..and support Banglore Royal Challengers..as your team... this will save the blushes..
nope. Im a Charger at heart. I have a lot faith in them just need a more consistent line up. Once Symonds leaves it should help hes been bad luck for the team.

just sent an email to VVS: VVS. Dont worry man. We are on your side. I know you must be quite dissapointed but you have a huge fan base out there. Stand strong just like you did against the aussies. Play your natural game we are all on your side, i met you numerous times,you were calm and cool ,just remember one thing form is temporary class is permanent. Dont listen to all the cricket illeterate people, theyre just emotional sports fans who have no feel for the sport. They dont know the pressure you have to deal with. You played well in your 16 last match but im sure you can score a hundred. Im a huge fan of yours all the way from Los Angeles. Just remember one thing try to encourage your bowlers like Kalyankrishna, poor guy dropped an important catch, tell him to hang in there im sure chargers can bounce back, you guys can win all 11 games in a row if you wanted too. Dont listen to people who tell you your a bad captain, because you can do only so much its a team game after all. Just remember one thing man you love Hyderabad a lot play with that pride and passion. Your a great players in any format of the game, you just need to hang in there and score a big one which will help your confidence. Remember VVS, when you scored 107 in Lahore and helped India win a big series in Pakistan, and you scored 3 centuries in one week in australia. I just want to let you know we are there for you, and i would love to see the chargers bounce back. People in India are very impatient, always trying to create unneccesary pressure but im sure your the type of person to disregard it. I know you can be a great captain just make sure even your regional players elevate their game.

I am sure laxman gained more fans after his phenomenal performance with the bat and captaincy in the IPL winning his side 3 consecutive games.....oh wait.
hahahaha, you know whats funny? its true but i know a lot of VVS fans out there.