Ponting's views on cap removal

swami1984

Echoing what I've been saying (makes the games less competitive because the rich franchises will buy out all good players) "Ricky Ponting believes dumping the Indian Premier League's salary cap could be detrimental to the competition. Talk has begun about stopping the limit, which is currently at US$5million per team, but Ponting, who played for the Kolkata Knight Riders in the opening stages of the event, said the move might make the tournament less competitive. "I have certainly heard there may be no salary cap next year, but I'm not sure if that will be good for the IPL," Ponting said in the Australian. "The more I've thought about it, it might be detrimental to the whole set-up. "We want good, competitive cricket with lots of international players playing good, close games against one another. If they go ahead with no salary cap, a lot of that might go out the window." One window Ponting wants is for a break in Test and one-day internationals so the IPL can be held without interruptions. "I really do think they can manage it well and have the IPL as something that is going to help the game, and not just be extra money coming in for the international players," Ponting said. "What it has done already is attracted new audiences to the game and more audiences to the game ... Overall it should make cricket a better thing."

Guest HariSampath

the move to have no salary cap is a joint scam by players and IPL officials...everone will boost the bidding, and same players will go for xx times the money all around( indians will benefit more)

the cap should be increased' date=' not removed. removing it will destroy ipl as the richer franchises will buy all the good players[/quote'] now i get the point. league like mumbai or banglore will get all the best players, hence the cap should not be removed. At first i was thinking, what is this ponting's problem when they are saying, they want to pay him more money.

Cap removal, is gonna have a serious impact on IPL, I tell ya. While cap removal, is good for the likes of Malinga and Ishant Sharma, once the likes of Jayasuriya, Lehmann, Sehwag remove their caps, they will likely deflect the intense beams of sunlight, right between the eyes of opponent batsmen, blinding them, paving their downfall. Cap removal, is a dangerous rule, must be implemented very very carefully.

Cap removal, is gonna have a serious impact on IPL, I tell ya. While cap removal, is good for the likes of Malinga and Ishant Sharma, once the likes of Jayasuriya, Lehmann, Sehwag remove their caps, they will likely deflect the intense beams of sunlight, right between the eyes of opponent batsmen, blinding them, paving their downfall. Cap removal, is a dangerous rule, must be implemented very very carefully.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Brilliant. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

:haha: