Pathan

aiight, i know he isnt in the best of form, and his bowling is pretty bad atm but i've been thinking about this.. wanna know what u guys feel... if he pick pathan in the team as the 3rd seamer...(3 seamers, 1 spinner), then consider this even if he can bowl 6 overs at a reasonable rate, then we have sachin, sehwag, ganguly, and yuvaj to bowl something like 14 overs between them.. 14 overs between 4 part timers aint that bad.. that way, we get pathan as a batsman too.. we can send him at something like #4 or #5 , then we have a huuuuge batting line up.. imagine some1 like dhoni coming in at #8... we probably wont bowl out teams cheaply, but i'd back us to chase down any damn target ps-> ever thought of going into a game with 11 batsmen? i mean, anyone can bowl thoda thoda, like in the eden gardens test where ponting and hayden were bowling.. it wouldnt be so bad.. batsmen would go to hit each ball, and make a mistake soon! maybe its 4AM and i need sleep :doh:

Re: Pathan

maybe its 4AM and i need sleep :doh:
Yep. :) I'm not sure about IKP on current form- love the guy, when he's at his best India are a great ODI side. But Sehwag Yuvraj SRT and Gangs will do a good enough job for a 5th bowler. Hopefully its a matter of time, if Pathan does regain anything like last years form...we're sorted

Re: Pathan I kind of agree. Sree is pretty much useless unless we are sure of getting a total seaming wicket and get a chance to bowl first. Sree will get a couple of wickets though. Not sure if Pathan can get any the way he has been bowling.

Re: Pathan Pathan should never be picked as one of the 4 frontline bowlers. If we want to play him indeed, he should come in place of the 7th batsman. Ganguly Uthappa Yuvraj Sachin Dravid Dhoni Pathan Agarkar Zaheer Bhajji Munaf/Kumble How is this?

No Sehwag ?
If we'll include Pathan as the 5th bowler, then only Sachin would be enough if any part-timers overs are needed. But it also depends on the fact that Sehwag would be in the same messy form as he has been till now and Uthappa would have adapted well to the foreign pitches. In a summary, we won't need to play Pathan IF he doesn't gain the form and confidence to be one of the 4 bowlers!

Re: Pathan Pathan has a better chance of getting in as a batsman. After SRT, Dravid, Gangs, we will not be left with many choices. If I were him, I would start working on the batting more. and learn to bowl calculated line and try to become more like all rounder in ODIs only. Give up test playing. He isn;t good in test at all. Sehwag: pls dont carry baggage. He is not worth it. Its like dreaming to become millionaire by winning a lottery or something.. Come on guys give me a break. This is cricket and only players like oz and Dravid and very few who can be consistant can master it. Reason being that these days cricket is played more by computers/calculations/consistant performance.

I would pick anyone over crapthans shocking bowling. I remeber being slaughtered by evryone a year back when I kept saying his bowling was rubbish. Now glad to see I was right and everyone was wrong :hmph: Would it be to much for some retractions and even apologies.
Sree has been pretty crappy and pathan hasn't played for a while.

Re: Pathan If Pathan plays, it will be as a 5th bowler and not 1 among 4 bowlers..... and in windies, u dont need 3 fast bowlers..... 2 and half are enuf.... i meant, Ganguly and Sachin's seam-ups.... i dont pathan playing at all, unless he proves he has discovered his banana swingers in the warm up matches...

I would pick anyone over crapthans shocking bowling. I remeber being slaughtered by evryone a year back when I kept saying his bowling was rubbish. Now glad to see I was right and everyone was wrong :hmph: Would it be to much for some retractions and even apologies.
ermm...a year ago his bowling WASN'T rubbish. That is why you were slaughtered- because you were wrong. Now it isn't great...there is such a thing as 'form' you know... :chin:

Re: Pathan I say play Pathan as your fifth bowler in place of Sehwag or Uthapa depending upon who is in form. Recall that over the past year or so, our fifth part time bowler has been conceeding runs at about 7.0-7.5 per over. infact, often its our fifth bowler who permits the opposition to gain a position of strength. hence, bowling 14 overs between our part timers would give the opposition another 4 overs to gain capital in, not to mention the 6 bowled by pathan himself! however that being said, if pathan is to be used as a bowler who is half way decent, he would have to be used while the ball is still new. i.e. denying an opportunity to one of the front line pace bowlers. maybe we should go with pathan as first change bowler and let one of the pacers go as second change (if we play three pacers and a spinner, though i love the idea of two pacers and two spinners).

ermm...a year ago his bowling WASN'T rubbish. That is why you were slaughtered- because you were wrong. Now it isn't great...there is such a thing as 'form' you know... :chin:
No, he was bowling rubbish a year ago, as I saw early that his bowling was poor, wayward and slow. He might have had half decent stats but to the cricket eye he was bowling cr#p. I have been proved correct.