Singh is King has done Indians proud

Willow_on_fire

http://in.rediff.com/sports/2008/aug/11parents.htm Victory of the nation, says Abhinav's parents August 11, 2008 18:00 IST "It is not only an occasion for us to celebrate, but whole nation is feeling proud. It is a victory of the nation and not just Abhinav's victory," said Dr A S Bindra and Babli Bindra, the proud parents of Abhinav Bindra [images], reacting to their son's gold medal-winning feat at the Beijing [images] Olympics [images] on Monday. Abhinav won India's first ever individual Olympic gold medal after a thrilling come-from-behind victory in the men's 10 metres air rifle event. Congratulate Abhinav Bindra! | Images "We are feeling on top of the world; we cannot put our joy into words. He has done the nation proud and also his city Chandigarh," said the proud parents as they prepared to leave for the Golden Temple [images] in Amritsar [images] to give thanks. I was not bothered about history, says Abhinav Dr Bindra said one can say "Singh is really King today" and gave "full credit" to his son, who, he revealed, overcame a back problem to achieve the rare feat in Indian sport. "Abhinav has been training hard abroad for the past three months. He underwent tough physical and mental training. It has been a tale of sweat, extremely hard work; he kept himself going in pressure conditions and that has made Abhinav a real champion today. He fought back his back problem and we put him through a commando-type of training which has given a good result," he said, adding the achievement is great as he missed medal at the Athens Games. Dr Bindra said a German doctor was dumbfounded on knowing how severe Abhinav's back injury way. With tears of joy in her eyes, Abhinav's mother's said she had been praying to the Almighty all along and had a gut feeling that her son would pull it off. "We are really feeling on top of the world at the moment. We are planning big celebrations once he comes back," she said. "God has been really kind to us. I had sent a SMS to Abhinav in the morning wishing him good luck," added Babli Bindra. Dr Bindra said he was sure that Abhinav would win the gold medal. On Sunday, Abhinav's fans wrote good luck messages on a big white board, which had the champion's photograph in the background. Bindra, who qualified fourth for the 10m air rifle event, shot an overall score of (596+140.5) 700.5 in a thrilling finale which went right down to the last shot. His historic feat makes him India's first-ever individual gold medallist, bettering the silver medal feat of double trap shooter Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore [images] in Athens 2004. Abhinav's sister, Divya Kapur, said the family was waiting for the day when he would bring laurels to the nation. "He has been working hard and has always remained focused on what he has been doing. His Olympic gold medal-winning achievement has not come easy as he has made a lot of sacrifice to reach the top and taste this victory," Divya, who lives in Delhi [images], said. "It can't get better than this," she added.

Guest Hiten.
This thread is a classic example of why Indian's did not win any individual gold medal until now. Now that a Indian has won it....none wants to appreciate that....reason being...Bindra is a Sikh...and majority Indians on this forum feel that it is not worthy to congratulate him....it is a shame....spineless ppl living their pathetic lives...yet complainig..."why can't we get a gold at olympics "....:haha:
Wow, dude you are ***ing low life scum who thinks everyone is against his community. Visit other sports section and follow the victory thread. Everybody poured their appreciation in that one congratulations thread. You seriously need to get a life.

This thread is a classic example of why Indian's did not win any individual gold medal until now. Now that a Indian has won it....none wants to appreciate that....reason being...Bindra is a Sikh...and majority Indians on this forum feel that it is not worthy to congratulate him....it is a shame....spineless ppl living their pathetic lives...yet complainig..."why can't we get a gold at olympics "....:haha:
How the faark cud u post this sh1t ??? U have brains of an ant. :mad:

leave him.. hes not jus a low life scum.. a big idiot who has a peannut sized brain with an inferiorty complex.... this is the guy who came up with why theres no IPL thread during the last days of IPL, when theres a civil war going on in the IPL forum.. :haha: so u can imagine what sort of a guy he is....

Guest Hiten.
**** you byatch...this is not a cricket forum....is it any harm to post a thread on this forum...and...did you post anything good to mention that it should be directed to 'other sport's ....**** you guys...you guys are getting raped in cricket....and you want to post this topic on 'other' sports section...you piece of shyt...you also belong to that jealous bunch...bloody gay piece of shyt.
Retard, check the other forum sections first then whine about us ignoring your fellow Sikh's achievement. 'We' got raped in cricket ? LMAO, you are worse than a paki.

is it?...tell me what is wrong in the thread!!!! The fact that you have this sikh/antisikh fixation.This is a cricket MB. What do you expect. We all are happy and proud about the GM.....but that is all. That's what most Indians are like.What do you want....turn the MB into a Chak de phatte ...Singh is King MB? Besides why do you Punjabi's(not all, but a lot of the new ones) act so chauvanist here? It's one thing to celebrate your culture...but totally different to stuff it down everyone's throat.We would have appreciated your thread much more if you had celebrated it as an Indian and not made it into a Punjabi sikh/anti sikh thingyy..... This MB has lot of people from the south of India and also from Gujrat.Do you ever see them stuff their culture down our throats?

May be you need to join some"other sports" forum for sometime. We are all happy and proud of Bindra boy...but we just don't go ballistic on other sports much. We are after all cricket junkies. And I have a request please. Stop the Punjabi/sikh thingyy you are doing .Please keep it an Indian victory...don't spoil it for the others. We don't often get to feel this good.....don't do stuff that makes it look like it is not a victory for the rest of us. Thanks in advance.

Guest dada_rocks

Willow on fire I guess is masochist likes to get it from left right and centre.... My diagnosys: A rogue mullah trying to insight some division where none exists:-) Other day a moron by the name of Ram Vilas Paaswan was going on and on about how only Dalits converted to sikhism due to caste system and then goes on to add 29% sikhs are dalit where are upper castes in that group.. I burst into laughter.. These morons don't listen to even their own voice 100-29= 71% :-)

Willow on fire I guess is masochist likes to get it from left right and centre.... My diagnosys: A rogue mullah trying to insight some division where none exists:-) Other day a moron by the name of Ram Vilas Paaswan was going on and on about how only Dalits converted to sikhism due to caste system and then goes on to add 29% sikhs are dalit where are upper castes in that group.. I burst into laughter.. These morons don't listen to even their own voice 100-29= 71% :-)
well...can't expect much from a worshipper of 'baby killer' narender modi....I'm passionate about my community and I will admire whenver a Singh achieves a feat which a billion of us could'nt. I'm not here to make any divisions. it is just that many of you here are haters and will carry that to your grave.

Oye chill yaaron....India ki victory hai...enjoy karo!!! willow paaji aaram naal!!! Everyone is super happy about this achievement...it is undoubtedly one of our greatets sporting moments..Bindra is sikh pride, punjabi pride, but above all, he is INDIAs pride. :-)))) When that anthem was being played, everyone thought of India dude, not punjab or anything.