Is there any point in Paksitan carrying on in this world cup

King

I don't think so. They should just leave right away and not worry about the next game against Zimbabwe. Either way they are not making it to the next stage and I don't quite know how the players can take the field after this shocking loss of Bob Woolmer. They should simply concede the game to Zimbabwe and not worry playing. It just doesn't seem to server any purpose as for am concerned. Now way can you take the field in the current situation and give your 100%. I think Inzi will be simply distraught right now as he worked with Woolmer very closely. I wonder if he can ever take the field again. The memories would haunt him every time he takes the field. I think he should call it a day, enough is enough. Pakistan cricket has had one shocker after another off the field and on the field. I fear this chapter will have a very adverse effect on Pakistan cricket and the sport will not be followed as much as it is followed currently. I'm sure that will be good for the game and the ones involved in the game. The sport "Cricket" can do better with less publicity in Pakistan.

Re: Is there any point in Paksitan carrying on in this world cup I certainly think Pakist should skip the next game but to say that there's no point is not quite true. Handing Zimbabwe 2 points will affect the other teams in the group. That being said, I don't see how the players good put anything close to a good showing. They should head home.

Re: Is there any point in Paksitan carrying on in this world cup Mir said Pakistan would still play their final World Cup group match against Zimbabwe on Wednesday. "The Pakistan team will continue its participation in the tournament. We are due to play Zimbabwe and we will play that match," Mir told AFP by telephone from Jamaica. Pakistan face Zimbabwe on Wednesday. "Obviously the boys are extremely sad, they are very distrubred, they are shocked, it's a very shocking happening. But the boys have to play the match and they will."

Re: Is there any point in Paksitan carrying on in this world cup The game must go on. Remember there are ticket payers too. Of course if the team is not upto playing a game, they might want to consider forfeiting cause Zim can cause another upset if Paks don't play to potential and that could hurt more.

Re: Is there any point in Paksitan carrying on in this world cup Is the funeral on the same day as the match ? It obviously won't be held in WI; i am assuming they will be having it in England or perhaps even in SA. So the Pakistani cricketers will definitely want to be there. If that schedule doesn't conflict with their fixture vs Zimbabwe (when accounting for travel and everything else) then they should go ahead and play that match. Otherwise, it's best that they don't. In all likelihood; the ICC will force them to play their match vs Zimbabwe before the possibility of anything else transpires.

Re: Is there any point in Paksitan carrying on in this world cup If they have to play then they better put up a good show as a tribute for the coach....though it will be certainly hard on the players considering the circumstances.Better if they are excused from the game.

Re: Is there any point in Paksitan carrying on in this world cup Yep they have to play. As cold as it may sound >> life goes on. Not playing is not going to bring Bob back. Pak should play their heart out and dedicate the victory to Bob. On the other hand if they loose then they loose...no big deal.

Re: Is there any point in Paksitan carrying on in this world cup it will be tough, if i was one of the players.... definitely, the memories will come flooding... BUT, people have paid to trave lfrom abroad to come and watch... u have no right to cause them a loss, which u would already have, by not qualifying for the super 8s..... they MUST play, though it will be very difficult....