Yusuf Pathan... The REAL Pathan!!!

rahulrulezz

Not conviced he will be effective overseas. In india he will be effective butcher at times. Lacks class IMO
why..just coz he doesnt do those stylish book-written defensive shots and feet movements...same thing was said about Dhoni and Sehwag in the starting of their career but see now...their unorthodox and aggressive approach took them in elite league and all those wannabe technical players Chopra, Jaffer, Kaif are nowhere to be seen...

it is right..i dont believe in the state crap but you gotta agree that just coz Sharma is the only mumbai player(other than Sachin)' date=' he gets this free bit of advertisement from commentators... when was last time anyone said Raina or Gambhir are better than Rohit.... all you hear from commentators is that Rohit is next generation batsmen or next Sachin... you gotta look at Rohits domestic average and even international matches average..he is just all style ... players like Tiwary, Badri, Dhawan have been performing consistently in domestic and are way better than Rohit... on the other hand about Y.Pathan, he needs to be given enough chances like R.Sharma..just coz Pathan doesnt do those stupid fashinable front foot defense shot or feet movement, it doesnt mean that he doesnt have a class...[/quote'] You've lost all the credibility you had dude.. you know why :haha:

1. Fail 2. Funny 3. Unfunny 4. Fail 5. Fail verdict: FAKE PATHAN!
correction: if 1. Fail 2. Funny 3. Unfunny 4. Fail 5. Fail . . . 15.Fluke hit 16.Fail 17.Fail . . . 29.Fluke hit . . . verdict: REAL PATHAN! pathans have played like this so far including the one across the border.... :--D if 1.Pass 2.Pass. 3.pass 4.pass 5.Pass verdict: Fake Pathan !

it is right..i dont believe in the state crap but you gotta agree that just coz Sharma is the only mumbai player(other than Sachin)' date=' he gets this free bit of advertisement from commentators... when was last time anyone said Raina or Gambhir are better than Rohit.... all you hear from commentators is that Rohit is next generation batsmen or next Sachin... you gotta look at Rohits domestic average and even international matches average..he is just all style ... players like Tiwary, Badri, Dhawan have been performing consistently in domestic and are way better than Rohit... on the other hand about Y.Pathan, he needs to be given enough chances like R.Sharma..just coz Pathan doesnt do those stupid fashinable front foot defense shot or feet movement, it doesnt mean that he doesnt have a class...[/quote'] Rohit Sharma is only 21 years old ... How many 21 year olds do you see that perform consistently every game. He is in the side because everyone saw his potential in the T20 world cup, the ODI series against Pakistan, the CB series, and the IPL. The key thing to look at for a cricketer is his potential. Does he have a strong technique? What shots can he play? How is his footwork? How does he time the ball? How cleanly does he strike the ball? Averages change ... especially when youre 21 years old. You need to have a look at whether he has the ability to improve his average over time. I am probably the strongest Rohit Sharma backer here and I believe that if the kid is given a bit more time in ODI cricket and then in a few years given the opportunity to play Tests will develop into our next great batsman and be our future no.4. If you think that all the commentators around the world (including the Aussie ones who immediately spotted his talent) are somehow colluding with Mumbai powerbrokers to ensure that they praise Rohit Sharma then I really can't argue with you because it would be completely baseless.

why..just coz he doesnt do those stylish book-written defensive shots and feet movements...same thing was said about Dhoni and Sehwag in the starting of their career but see now...their unorthodox and aggressive approach took them in elite league and all those wannabe technical players Chopra' date=' Jaffer, Kaif are nowhere to be seen...[/quote'] Firstly pants Kaif is not technical. He can't even hold a bat properly. Just think Pathan might stuggle against pacey bowlers on bouncier tracks. Just to much of a butcher compared to sehwag and dhoni. I might be wrong though:--D

Rohit Sharma is only 21 years old ... How many 21 year olds do you see that perform consistently every game. He is in the side because everyone saw his potential in the T20 world cup' date= the ODI series against Pakistan, the CB series, and the IPL. The key thing to look at for a cricketer is his potential. Does he have a strong technique? What shots can he play? How is his footwork? How does he time the ball? How cleanly does he strike the ball? Averages change ... especially when youre 21 years old. You need to have a look at whether he has the ability to improve his average over time. I am probably the strongest Rohit Sharma backer here and I believe that if the kid is given a bit more time in ODI cricket and then in a few years given the opportunity to play Tests will develop into our next great batsman and be our future no.4. If you think that all the commentators around the world (including the Aussie ones who immediately spotted his talent) are somehow colluding with Mumbai powerbrokers to ensure that they praise Rohit Sharma then I really can't argue with you because it would be completely baseless.
firstly he didnt do anything special in T20 worldcup and ODI series against Pakistan... but i think your points are fair enough and changed my opinions and i have to agree that he is good enuff... but its time he needs to convert that talent into scores...

Firstly pants Kaif is not technical. He can't even hold a bat properly. Just think Pathan might stuggle against pacey bowlers on bouncier tracks. Just to much of a butcher compared to sehwag and dhoni. I might be wrong though:--D
Kaif is a good test player who should be in the XI Good knock by YKP, still think his bro should be there instead tho

well said rahulrulezz. rohit sharma is the MOST OVERRATED PLAYER EVER to play for india. even ishant sharma & munaf patel can bat better than him. if u look at todays match, rohit sharma got out for 3 & after the cb series, rohit sharmas odi avg is <22. he cant score more than 15-20 runs in any innings. and rohit sharma just hits 1-2 good looking 4s in every innings.ppl c that & call him the best batsmen, etc. but they fail to c that after hitting the 1-2 good looking 4s, rohit sharma gets out cheaply in that same innings itself. and when tendulkar returns, rohit sharma should be kicked out. and to place rohit sharma, we have players like dhawan, badrinath, uthappa, vijay, pujara still waiting despite making 100s & 200s in almost every match they r playing

firstly he didnt do anything special in T20 worldcup and ODI series against Pakistan... but i think your points are fair enough and changed my opinions and i have to agree that he is good enuff... but its time he needs to convert that talent into scores...
In the ODI series against Pakistan I think he only played 1 or 2 games but he scored a fluent 50 ... however he really batted well in the T20 world cup. He made that crucial 50 in the T20 world cup group match against SAF ... and that 30 off 16 he made coming in at no.6 in the final really proved to be the difference and propelled us to a winning score.

In the ODI series against Pakistan I think he only played 1 or 2 games but he scored a fluent 50 ... however he really batted well in the T20 world cup. He made that crucial 50 in the T20 world cup group match against SAF ... and that 30 off 16 he made coming in at no.6 in the final really proved to be the difference and propelled us to a winning score.
He was fantastic in the IPL and T20 World Cup, which would mean he is just a FTB. :orderorder:

He was fantastic in the IPL and T20 World Cup' date=' which would mean he is just a FTB. :orderorder:[/quote'] Wasnt the T20 world cup in SAF? Are SAF pitches flat now? Didnt he also do well in Australia? Are they flat wickets aswell? If anything ... id say he prefers the bouncier wickets more than the flatter ones because he likes the ball coming on to the bat.

I think Yusuf should be given a good run cuz he can bat anywhere. And amits has already mentioned it in this thread but im gonna repeat it again, rohit sharma is the MOST OVERRATED PLAYER EVER
I love how 1 year ago many people here were like lets get young guys in the team , lets get young guys in the team ... groom youngsters ... groom youngsters. 1 year later, we have youngsters like Rohit Sharma who have obvious talent, and we start looking at their stats. LOL. He is only 21 years old and has only played international cricket for a year. Give the guy time , he is a future talent.