Indias next line up for ODI's

Drop Tendulkar, Drop Dhoni, Drop Uttapha Bring back Wasim Jaffer, VVS Laxman, and make Karthik the keeper. Dont need Mr i Perform only in India on flat dry pitches, Dhoni. Or they will loose to bangladesh and bring about more embarassment and give Bangladesh more bragging rights.

Re: Indias next line up for ODI's Sachin in my opinion really needs a break from cricket....both ODI and tests.Its in his own interest to take time off and think about his game.....better still he should quit ODI's and play only tests...thats the only way he can play a few years more...18 years is a very long time to play continously and the effect is telling particularly mentally..he is just not there these days.

Re: Indias next line up for ODI's

Young Players Uthappa Gambhir Dravid Yuvraj Raina kaif Karthik Powar Zaheer Munaf Sreesanth Play them, they will loose a few..but build them Dravid should play and captain the side till he can
why in the hell you want dravid to be a captain.. ?? he is too stubborn and inflexible..

Re: Indias next line up for ODI's

Young Players Uthappa Gambhir Dravid Yuvraj Raina kaif Karthik Powar Zaheer Munaf Sreesanth Play them, they will loose a few..but build them Dravid should play and captain the side till he can
isnt tht the team tht chappell and more hhad built, before the facker Vengsarkar came and peed all over.....

Re: Indias next line up for ODI's Uttapha not good enough give Jaffer a chance. he has a better technique and is just not front foot minded like Uttapha, I see utapha failing in a lot of countries outside of India. He seems like flat pitch front foot player hes overrated in my mind.

Re: Indias next line up for ODI's A good well balanced line up for ODI's 1. Wasim Jaffer 2. Sourav Ganguly(Capt) 3. VVS Laxman(Vice Capt) 4. Rahul Dravid 5. Yuvraj Singh 6. Virender Sehwag 7. Dinesh Karthik 8. Ajit Agarkar 9. Munaf Patel 10. Zaheer Khan 11. Anil Kumble Bench 1. Mohammad Kaif 2. Irfan Pathan 3. Ramesh Powar 4. Sreesanth

Re: Indias next line up for ODI's Laxman should be given a good 2 years too finish is ODI career, in saying this i believe hes the perfect person to have on the team to encourage youngsters hes a good leader to youngsters, ask the likes of sreesanth uttapha etc,but cant see him as captain i think ganguly should finish of his career as a captain hes played well and has brought up key players on the team. Tendulkar is the most selfish player ever and Dravid is too soft and is not a good leader that for sure.

Nucleus for next 3 years Opening: Gambhir, Uthappa, Jaffer, Sehwag Middle order: Dravid, Yuvraj, Raina, Kaif, Tiwary, S Badrinath, R. Sharma All rounders: Pathan, Joginder Sharma Spin: Powar, Bhajji, Chawla, Kartik WK: Dhoni, Karthick Pace: Munaf, Sreesanth, Zaheer, VRV, Ishan Sharma

Re: Indias next line up for ODI's yeah.... sachin has to open.... atleast i have never seen him in choke when there is movement early on.... more often than not, he sees the early overs through at a healthy rate, unlike Ganguly, who makes Mortaza look like Jeff Thomson....

Re: Indias next line up for ODI's Many of you guys are overreacting. We all agreed just 2 weeks ago that this is our best ODI team to go into a world cup. Three games dont change that. We have already tried & failed with youth (Raina, Kaif, Venu etc). Our youth neither has the talent nor the temperament for the big stage. If we kick out all our world cup floppers, we will struggle even more. Our best bet is that the current ODI team (barring one or two changes). If these guys dont perform, we aint going anywhere. We have to put together a system/infrastructure, hire the right captain/coach etc to get the best out of this team. I'll continue with Dravid as captain in the short term, simply because of the lack of an obvious alternative currently. Dhoni is the best replacement for Dravid, but his time hasnt come yet. Chappell gets the boot, as many players fear him, rather than revere him. He cannot inspire higher performances from our players by inducing fear. I dont care who replaces him. Am convinced, unless this team is willing to introspect & voluntarily work on its weaknesses, no coach can be helpful.

Re: Indias next line up for ODI's if theres any time to make changes then it is now, were playing banglas soon, then England I think...as good a time as any. Ok we'll lose a few, but theyll learn. we hope its not WHOLESALE changes per se. Id drop SRT and Ganguly in favour os youth, maybe Aggy. force Dravid into retirement from ODIs as well. yeah he's still good, but we want him concentrating on tests- all three of em in fact Lets face it WCups are the ultimate goal, the holy trinity arent going to be around till 2011...might as well build for it now... Uthappa Sehwag Yuvraj© Kartik MSD Raina Pathan Zak Munaf Bhajji another allrounder possibly in there...