Sachin denies rift with greg

In an exclusive interview to CNN IBN sachin has denied having any rifts with greg. He said he has been mis-quoted and all he had said was "IF, the coach had doubted my commitment, i would say i am dissapointed." here is the transcript: Mumbai: In an exclusive interview to CNN-IBN's Editor-in-Chief Rajdeep Sardesai, Sachin Tendulkar has denied any rift with coach Greg Chappell saying that the team is united. Rajdeep Sardesai: Sachin the morning papers quote you as saying that it hurts when the coach questions your attitude. What do you precisely mean? Sachin Tendulkar: See, I think the language used like 'clash', 'blasts' or 'hits out' has never been my language. I have never used these words and my nature is not to get in to fight with anybody. I have got nothing against anyone. I was merely asked a question to which I replied, "If the coach has said this, then it hurts". And from that it was blown up to something else. The other part of the story where other players were asked a few questions and the names were not mentioned but everything has been attributed to me. What I have said is very clear in that article. I have got nothing against anyone, I have just answered a question. Rajdeep Sardesai: Have you had a rift with Greg Chappell, the Indian coach? Sachin Tendulkar: No, I haven't had any rift with anybody. I don't know where these rumours start. I haven't had any rift with anyone. Rajdeep Sardesai: What about reports of there being a conflict between the seniors and the juniors in the team that the seniors were not allowing junior players to grow? How do you respond to that? Sachin Tendulkar: I don't think that is correct because the senior players have always encouraged junior players and you can go and ask any of the junior players what kind of relationship they share with me and I am always joking around and fooling around with them. When it comes to cricket we are extremely serious. If I notice something that they are not doing correctly then I always walk up to them and tell them what I feel. And vice versa. I have told them that if you see something wrong with me while I am batting, bowling or fielding you should come and tell me. Before it is too late you should tell me. Rajdeep Sardesai: How difficult have the last 10 days been since we were knocked out of the World Cup, for you personally? Sachin Tendulkar: I think the last 10 days have been terrible. It was our nation's dream to win this World Cup and bring the trophy back home and our team really, really worked hard for it. It was out dream and it was shattered in seven days. We just had one bad day against Bangladesh and against Sri Lanka when it came to that crunch situation we couldn't pull it off. It was hugely disappointing. We were all shattered and there was an acute pain in the team. We all felt that we have disappointed the nation. The hopes, the expectations that we have not been able to live up to. Our own and the nation's expectations from us. So it was all in all a huge expectation and takes time to overcome all these disappointments and I hope that all the team members regroup ourselves and start playing good cricket which will give happiness to everyone. Rajdeep Sardesai: The day we exited the World Cup - 17 years you have played the game for India - was that the saddest day in a sense for you? Sachin Tendulkar: I am sure it was extremely sad because no body in our wildest dream thought that we could be back so early and this is beyond imagination. I just want to tell all the fans that we are sorry for having disappointed the entire nation. All the hopes were riding on us and we were not able to live up to the expectations. Rajdeep Sardesai: How do you then respond to reports of groupism, of seniors not giving Rahul Dravid support. These are the kinds of reports that have come out. Was the team united during this World Cup? Sachin Tendulkar: The team was united. I think these are all rumours and I would prefer that these stay as rumours because the reality is something else. We are all together and we have played cricket with each other for a long time and the youngsters who will take the team forward eventually are also a part of us. It is not that the seniors belong to a separate group and the youngsters are a separate group. It is not like that. We are extremely close to each other and are close friends and we will always be like that. It really doesn't matter what any X, Y, Z talks about the team because all these things leak out or people start talking about these only when the team is not doing well. When the team is doing well everything is fine. It is just when the team doesn't do well that these things come up. Rajdeep Sardesai: What is your message then to Indian cricket fans? You said that you were sorry that you couldn't live up to expectations; there were some instances where players houses were attacked. Would you like to send out some message to fans, to people? Sachin Tendulkar: I know the whole nation expects a lot from the team and we just want to reassure the nation that the team is together and we will always go out to the field as a team and not as individuals. All we need at this time is your support and good wishes because it means so much to the players when they know that the entire nation is behind you and supporting and wishing well for you. You start thinking differently and you feel 'yes it was a disappointment but now the whole nation is behind me and I am going to go out and give my best'. That is what any cricketer playing for India needs. To watch the video click here http://www.cricketnext.com/videos/24190/sachin-denies-rift-with-greg-calls-team-a-family.html

Re: Sachin denies rift with greg I think this was a well planned saga. Sachin speaks, BCCI responds. Asks chappell to resign with a huge sum of money. Sachin takes back statement, says he was mis quoted. This is typical politics I have just one question. Is Sachin doing this on his own will or are players around him pushing him. Hiding in his shadows and speaking things. infact, in his outburst, he hadnt said much particularly about chappell. It was just about his commitments and loyalty but several other "senior players and senior selectors" used sachin's statement as a forum to launch their venomous attacks on chappell. Sachin is being used as a mouth piece, with "Team's interest" dangled at him by senior players. Off record, i think sachin and pawar need to sit and talk this out.

Re: Sachin denies rift with greg

I wish the April 6 meeting was live or atleast blow by blow commentary by cricinfo :hic:
it will be commented on live with lotsof masala by the responsible channels..... :lmao: :lmao: with the graphics of the meeting room and dummy people moving around.

Re: Sachin denies rift with greg Saw, rather heard that interview as well. Sachin was trying to defend the whole team in first person. Sounded weird. For example:

Rajdeep Sardesai: What about reports of there being a conflict between the seniors and the juniors in the team that the seniors were not allowing junior players to grow? How do you respond to that? Sachin Tendulkar: I don't think that is correct because the senior players have always encouraged junior players and you can go and ask any of the junior players what kind of relationship they share with me and I am always joking around and fooling around with them. When it comes to cricket we are extremely serious. If I notice something that they are not doing correctly then I always walk up to them and tell them what I feel. And vice versa. I have told them that if you see something wrong with me while I am batting, bowling or fielding you should come and tell me. Before it is too late you should tell me.
The guy is asking about rift between juniors and seniors, and this guy is defending the whole team and then talks about himself. Is he saying NO SENIOR in the team can be accused of giving the shaft to some junior?

i think chappell is a rich man already. His contract says 100' date='000$ per annum if i am not mistaken. Thats a huge huge sum of money. No wonder he wants to renew it.[/quote'] Geez is that all a coach of the richest cricketing board gets paid??? That's not good money at all. There is not so much money in coaching then :shrug: The commentators like Siva gets paid $800/day during a tour for sitting and talking crap.

^ I think its closer to $200k + accomodation + perks.
it's 300 Australian dollars+accommodation. not bad, considering that even I, as a born Indian, wouldnt want to be even talking to these prima donnas. IIRC, John Buchanan makes around 250K Oz and IIRC, the Pom coach, Fletchy, makes the most-around 250K pounds sterling.