Tendlya explodes but whats the use now

suraj

Underdogs Tamil Nadu defeated much-fancied Mumbai by 15 runs in a crucial Group B match, in the inter-state Twenty20 tournament, at the Sardar Paterl Gujarat stadium in Motera, Ahmedabad, under floodlights on Monday night. So long as Sachin Tendulkar was at the wicket, Mumbai looked heading for a thumping victory. But the moment Tamil Nadu got rid of the maestro, Mumbai presented a classic case of how to lose from a winning position. The star-studded Mumbai team, boasting of Team India members Tendulkar, Zaheer Khan, Ajit Agarkar, Wasim Jaffer and Ramesh Powar, among others, had to score 173 runs to win the match. Mumbai captain Amol Muzumdar gambled and sent in Powar along with Tendulkar to open the innings. But the move backfired as Powar fell to medium-pacer P Amarnath for just 5. Jaffer also did not last long as he was consumed by fast bowler V Yomahesh when his individual score was 4. Mumbai were 21 for 2 when the young and exuberant Rohit Sharma stepped in to accompany Tendulkar, who was already going guns. Tendulkar and Sharma tore into the Tamil Nadu attack and put on 78 runs for the third wicket in a matter of minutes. He was enjoying every moment of his stay in the middle and hitting all the bowlers round the wicket almost at will. Even the departure of Sharma, who was bowled by R Prasanna for 25 (26 balls, 1x4, 1x6), did not make any difference to Tendulkar's mood. But for a reprieve by Hemang Badani at short extra-cover off the bowling of Yomahesh when on 27, the Master Blaster played an explosive innings befitting Twenty20 cricket. He completed his 50, which came in just 23 balls, with a huge six off R. Ashwin. He hit another towering one off the bowling of Amarnath. The Mumbai camp had every reason to feel that they would win with many balls to spare. So brilliantly was Tendulkar batting. However, just when he looked certain to carry the team through and also complete a deserving hundred, Amarnath bowled him neck and crop with a ball that kept very low. Tendulkar's 68 runs came off 32 balls. The 10 fours and two sixes that he smashed showed the disdain with which he treated the Tamil Nadu bowlers. (saale WC mein marta na) Mumbai were 118 for 5 when Tendulkar left. Surprisingly, the rest of batsmen caved in against some really intelligent and economical bowling by the Tamil Nadu spinners, particularly C Ganapathy. Muzumdar scored 1, Vinit Indulkar 12, Agarkar 1 and Zaheer 3. Wicketkeper Vinayak Samant and Nilesh Kulkarni were not out on 9 and 21 respectively as Mumbai posted 157 for 8 in 20 overs. Ganpathy was the wrecker-in-chief with amazingly economical figures of 4-1-15-3. He bowled a maiden over to Zaheer Khan, something rare in this type of cricket. Prasanna was also economical as he gave away only 13 runs in his two overs while taking a wicket. Earlier, batting first after losing the toss, Tamil Nadu scored 172 for 5 in 20 overs. Opener S Anirudha, who failed against Bengal on Sunday, made amends with a sparkling 49 off 39 balls and hit six fours. His partner V Devendran also batted well and scored a breezy 30 (20balls, 6x4). The two put on 51 for the first wicket and gave a sound start to their team. While Hemang Badani scored 23 off 19 balls, inclusive of a four and six, Dinesh Kaarthick scored 26 off 14 deliveries. He hit three fours and a six. S. Vidut also contriubted a quickfire 28 (22 balls, 2x4). No Mumbai bowler could make an impression on the Tamil Nadu batsmen, including Zaheer Khan, who was hit for 34 runs in his four overs, and Agarkar, who gave away 21 in his 2 overs. In Tuesday's matches at Motera, Mumbai takes on Haryana in the morning while Bengal plays Madhya Pradesh in the evening.

Re: Tendlya explodes but whats the use now Way too late but still good enough in the context of domestic cricket. You are there to score runs and when you get some it should feel good not with standing the opponent. Couple more knocks by Tendulkar like this and you can expect every newspaper column will be singing praise of Tendulkar. It does help Indian cricket with these guys turning up to play for their respective domestic teams.

Re: Tendlya explodes but whats the use now

Mumbai were 21 for 2 when the young and exuberant Rohit Sharma stepped in to accompany Tendulkar, who was already going guns. Tendulkar and Sharma tore into the Tamil Nadu attack and put on 78 runs for the third wicket in a matter of minutes. He was enjoying every moment of his stay in the middle and hitting all the bowlers round the wicket almost at will. Even the departure of Sharma, who was bowled by R Prasanna for 25 (26 balls, 1x4, 1x6), did not make any difference to Tendulkar's mood.
this is the only part i was interested in cuz of ROHIT SHARMA.. groom that guy for god sake but do not make him a STAR..

Long story short he failed to take his team to victory...once again.
That is the problem- choker tag haunts him everywhere
But mate its true
are u stupid or wat? Cricket is a fcking team game and one guy cant win u the game. Morons only say it.

Re: Tendlya explodes but whats the use now Folks, If I read the title, "whats the use now!?" it almost seems to imply that perhaps maybe perhaps SRT maybe finding his touch. But - rest assured - come a CRITICAL or CRUNCH match, our man will come a cropper. He has been very consistent in that for the last 2-3 years. PS: Since most of you don't know me yet, I dont have particular favorite or hated player in Indian team (not that I can acknowledge atleast). I hate the non-performers (like most of you probably do), and right now that means save for Dravid (as a batsman) and maybe one or two others, I criticize the other "superstars" heavily. My normally pessimistic outlook on the Indian cricket team will resonate beautifully in this age and day of bad cricket by India.

Folks, If I read the title, "whats the use now!?" it almost seems to imply that perhaps maybe perhaps SRT maybe finding his touch. But - rest assured - come a CRITICAL or CRUNCH match, our man will come a cropper. He has been very consistent in that for the last 2-3 years. PS: Since most of you don't know me yet, I dont have particular favorite or hated player in Indian team (not that I can acknowledge atleast). I hate the non-performers (like most of you probably do), and right now that means save for Dravid (as a batsman) and maybe one or two others, I criticize the other "superstars" heavily. My normally pessimistic outlook on the Indian cricket team will resonate beautifully in this age and day of bad cricket by India.
welcome to the club. you will find quite a few here who will criticize players strictly based on performance, often and without hesitation.

Folks, If I read the title, "whats the use now!?" it almost seems to imply that perhaps maybe perhaps SRT maybe finding his touch. But - rest assured - come a CRITICAL or CRUNCH match, our man will come a cropper. He has been very consistent in that for the last 2-3 years. PS: Since most of you don't know me yet, I dont have particular favorite or hated player in Indian team (not that I can acknowledge atleast). I hate the non-performers (like most of you probably do), and right now that means save for Dravid (as a batsman) and maybe one or two others, I criticize the other "superstars" heavily. My normally pessimistic outlook on the Indian cricket team will resonate beautifully in this age and day of bad cricket by India.
Classic definition of "Fair Weather Fans"