Aussies are sporting GODS!

There is no doubt they are some kind of super race. I hate them! However, one has to grudginly admit that they are the gods of sport. How can a population of only 20 million people be so brilliant at sports. Rugby, cricket, golf, tennis, swimming, hockey etc they are so competitive in everything they do. Even in football they are quite decent now. 4th in the last olympics table behind massive populations of USA, China and Russia. Just imagine if they had a population of 200 million :chin: Lets hope they dont take up Kabbadi as give them a few years of playing this and I am sure they will start beating us :roll:

Re: Aussies are sporting GODS! They have had their good and bad times but of late they are well and truly doing well in lot of sports. Gone are the days when they used to get beaten by the Poms regularly in the Ashes. They have invested in Sports R&D, technology and related professionals. That is paying off good dividend right now unlike say Pakistan that invested their time on money on players such as Shoaib Akthar (don't shoot me there's no malice intended, I thought this was a good comparison). That is the difference between a well run sports nation and a sports nation that is run as per whims and fancies of an unprofessional sports board. The retirement of few players just doesn?t seem to reduce the quality or the competitiveness of the Aussie team.

Re: Aussies are sporting GODS!

There is no doubt they are some kind of super race. I hate them! However, one has to grudginly admit that they are the gods of sport. How can a population of only 20 million people be so brilliant at sports. Rugby, cricket, golf, tennis, swimming, hockey etc they are so competitive in everything they do. Even in football they are quite decent time. 4th in the last olmpics table behind massive populations of USA, China and Russia. Just imagine if they had a population of 200 million :chin: Lets hope they dont take up Kabbadi as give them a few years of playing this and I am sure they will start beating us :roll:
Australian institute of sports trains talented athletes from young age and for cricket we were just the first country to start up a cricket academy after Chappell brothers and bunch other retired at same time in the late 80's which crippled Australain cricket team so cricket Australia made sure it will never happen again by starting the academy. Most countrys are starting to catch up so the domination might end soon. I just wish a another country played afl which is Australias biggest sport then you would see domination :wtg: . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4D9JJN_jg8

Re: Aussies are sporting GODS! More than their skill, it's their resilience and tenacity that I greatly admire. Come to think of it, I might have some Aussie blood in me as I always do well in sports when I've got my back to the wall. :chin: No cornered donkeys jokes please :lmao:

AFL' date=' do you not play the irish in a cross over game from their gaelic football and lose to them :hic:[/quote'] yep but its a crap hybrid game more like gaelic football than afl not much contact and its played with a round ball not oval. once the aussies selectors learned to pick small quick player instead of big slow players we've been winning.

Re: Aussies are sporting GODS! They're good at sports because they have good weather for outdoor sports, have a lot of aggression and impressive physiques and fitness. Compare the physiques and athleticism of the Indian cricket players to the Australians. Australia used to have fat players as well like Boon and Merv Hughes but they weren't dominant then, since they have had fit players they've been unstoppable.

Re: Aussies are sporting GODS! Like the United States, the Aussies have sports ingrained into their lifestyle right from childhood. The level of competition that they endure through high school and subsequently at collegiate level prepares them for the rigours of international sport. The Aussies seem to play almost every sport known to man; a while ago i learnt that they even play sports like Lacrosse down there ! In approximately 20 years, they will become a power in football as well. The passion for the game is immense, as evidenced by the massive attendance of 60,000 for the Grand Final last season. The Indians of course, will always be sh*t at sport because there is no sporting culture to speak of. Sport = "khel kud", ie; just a hobby one indulges in every now and then when they aren't studying 18 hours a day for their pointless exams. Physically speaking, Indians are also the most lethargic, sluggish people on the face of the earth - that doesn't help much either.

In approximately 20 years, they will become a power in football as well. The passion for the game is immense, as evidenced by the massive attendance of 60,000 for the Grand Final last season.
They've taken a big step towards this recently. They have players in top leagues, and they did ok in the last World cup, narrowly crashing out to the eventual winners...

In approximately 20 years, they will become a power in football as well. The passion for the game is immense, as evidenced by the massive attendance of 60,000 for the Grand Final last season.
They've taken a big step towards this recently. They have players in top leagues, and they did ok in the last World cup, narrowly crashing out to the eventual winners...
I would bet money on Australia winning the World Cup before England do...roll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

I would bet money on Australia winning the World Cup before England do...roll.gifroll.gifroll.gif
If England couldn't win the world cup in 1990, and 2006, they never will...

Re: Aussies are sporting GODS! The auusies got on my nerves. Lets pray they do not take up Kabbadi :eew: There sporting culture is unmatched. As for indians in India, they are pathetic! To sweat in india is seen as a disgrace for middle class families. They prefer sitting down and having a cup of tea. People in India thinking walking is an exercise for gods sake. Its fine if you reach a certain age but when in teens/twentys it is not. Truly get embarrsed when I see inidans all walking to get exercise, I see 18 year olds walking doing same as exercise as 70 year olds.