The irony of it all

cowboysfan

Ahem.. people watch test matches at home. They prefer that. Just because there is no crowd on the stadium it doesn't mean nobody follows it. Probably the aunty crowd is more for T20 :hysterical:. For T20 game at MCG they had a crowd of 100' date='000 plus. More than for a Test match. If you go and tell an Australian that T20 is more popular in Australia because of that they will laugh at you.[/quote'] I know that. what I was trying to say is that if on an average day a test match attracts crowd equal to what a T20 does, then there is nothing to worry. But turns out transparent got his math wrong.
People watch T20 at home too :roll: I would assume that majority of the crowd at the ground was from Nagpur. What about the other fans all around the country? I bet they watched it on their TVs. Why only India? My dad also bought the T20 package from Dish network in the US. We didn't buy a package for tests..
My grandad never followed cricket. So nobody is following cricket? What is your point.. What about the scores of guys chest thumping that India is no.1 team in the world. Just look around.
I know that. what I was trying to say is that if on an average day a test match attracts crowd equal to what a T20 does' date=' then there is nothing to worry. But turns out transparent got his math wrong.[/quote'] Transparent wants 50,000 people on the ground every day for a Test match. That is not possible. Test matches have varying pace. Sometimes it can be slow. Sometimes it can be exhilirating. Lot of plots, subplots, dramas. Genuine cricket fans love that.
My grandad never followed cricket. So nobody is following cricket? What is your point.. What about the scores of guys chest thumping that India is no.1 team in the world. Just look around.
So wait, just to get it clear...you are saying that Tests are more popular(craze) than T20s? Let's clear this up....
When India won a historical Test at MCG in 1980 the stadium was practically empty. :winky:. Back in the mid 80s lot of India/Pakistan matches were played infront of near empty stadium. It is an unsubstantiated theory that is floating aroun, less crowd means less interest. Make a 5 over game. You will have more crowd. Main reason the crowd is more for T20 is because of its brevity. Nothing more.
Hmm... but why do you get from the same city with the same set of people attending t20s and ODIs MORE than Test Matches? I think its a decent theory. If one thinks about it, watching a session of Test cricket is less time consuming than either a t20 or an ODI yet the crowds are scarce. I would like to say again that Test Cricket appeals more to the elitists or die hard fans. If it doesnt, then how does one explain the imbalance in crowds?
Hmm... but why do you get from the same city with the same set of people attending t20s and ODIs MORE than Test Matches? I think its a decent theory. If one thinks about it, watching a session of Test cricket is less time consuming than either a t20 or an ODI yet the crowds are scarce. I would like to say again that Test Cricket appeals more to the elitists or die hard fans. If it doesnt, then how does one explain the imbalance in crowds?
I wish I had the powers to get my point across with such grace like you ludhi! I am a fan of Ludhi :dance:
So wait, just to get it clear...you are saying that Tests are more popular(craze) that T20s? Let's clear this up....
No T20 is the crappiest format of cricket you can hope to see something that fits for streets and beach cricket. Heck even in high school we played 25 overs. Anything below that was an insult. That is what i say. :winky:
No T20 is the crappiest format of cricket you can hope to see something that fits for streets and beach cricket. Heck even in high school we played 25 overs. Anything below that was an insult. That is what i say. :winky:
you didn't answer my question... are you saying that Tests are more popular than T20s?
Crowd has been this way over number of years. It is not like we had like millions of people watching on the ground for every single Test that ever took place in history. Depending on who is playing crowd built up. Why all of a sudden we are crying about crowd. Lot of matches in the 80s had empty stadium. Why didn't it die then?
Crowd has been this way over number of years. It is not like we had like millions of people watching on the ground for every single Test that ever took place in history. Depending on who is playing crowd built up. Why all of a sudden we are crying about crowd. Lot of matches in the 80s had empty stadium. Why didn't it die then?
Exactly, barely any one cared about Tests back then and it's the same today as well. All of a sudden T20s started, stadiums have been house full... Does this make any sense as far as popularity and craze are concerned?

Ok so now T-20 doesn't mean anything? whatever happened to this attitude when we were the world champions and that moment was voted as the best in indian cricket after the 1983 world cup. really? Let us stop looking for excuses in defeats, we still have a lot of room for improvement in the shorter format (T20 and ODI).

Ok so now T-20 doesn't mean anything? whatever happened to this attitude when we were the world champions and that moment was voted as the best in indian cricket after the 1983 world cup. really? Let us stop looking for excuses in defeats' date=' we still have a lot of room for improvement in the shorter format (T20 and ODI).[/quote'] For once I will have to agree with a paki... Or may be he is an Indian but he has been feeling the way I am feeling right now for a while hence his painful comments of the past...
Not in our house.I can't speak for others.
Can I bring up 100s of your posts where you have spoken for others? All of a sudden you have no choice but to forfeit to my opinion, you can't speak for others? :lol: any ways, I ll let it pass since you seem like a :secret: (don't wana say the OFFENSIVE word)
Exactly, barely any one cared about Tests back then and it's the same today as well. All of a sudden T20s started, stadiums have been house full... Does this make any sense as far as popularity and craze are concerned?
Chennai Test had about 30,000 people when Sehwag smacked 319. Just watch the boxing day Test. Look at the crowd every year. T20 is popular for wrong reasons. Cheerleaders, shortness of the game like a movie. In terms of quality that is the worst of all. That should not be encouraged. For one dayers we get more crowd. Just watch all the one dayers against SL. You sound like you started following cricket only last year.
Let us stop looking for excuses in defeats' date=' we still have a lot of room for improvement in the shorter format (T20 and ODI).[/quote'] Don't mix the two together, our ODI form has been outstanding for last 2 years until the Aussie series loss. Your country has last four ODI series this year so don't get too cocky.
Chennai Test had about 30' date='000 people when Sehwag smacked 319. Just watch the boxing day Test. Look at the crowd every year. T20 is popular for wrong reasons. Cheerleaders, shortness of the game like a movie. In terms of quality that is the worst of all. That should not be encouraged. For one dayers we get more crowd. Just watch all the one dayers against SL. You sound like you started following cricket only last year.[/quote'] You still didn't answer my question! As far as craze is concerned, do you think Tests are more popular than T20?