Sanju Baba GULITY under Arms Act

Rajiv

Re: Sanju Baba GULITY under Arms Act There u go Not under TADA but arms act which carried max.3 years But he has done almost 16 mnths, jail time or bail etc will be known later Goes str8 to prison from there But not guilty under cospiracy and TADA so very minor sentence and most probably will get away with bail

Re: Sanju Baba GULITY under Arms Act Dutt`s original confession which he later retracted .... THE BACKGROUND I, Sanjay Dutt, 34 years old and a film artist by occupation, stay at 58, Pali Hill, Bandra, with my father and two sisters. I have studied upto first-year arts in Elphinston College. I left studies in 1977. I then did some private training in acting and started acting in films in 1980. LOVE FOR GUNS I hold three valid gun licences and possess a 270-rifle (of make Bruno), a Magnum double-barrelled rifle and a 12-bore double-barrelled gun. I personally go hunting with a friend, Yusuf Nulwalla, and know a friend of Nulwalla?s, Kersi Adajania. MY MEETING WITH DAWOOD I gave dates to Feroz Khan for Yalgar in December 1999. He took the whole unit to shoot in Dubai. Khan introduced me to one Dawood Ibrahim and also to his brother, Anees, during a shoot. Anees used to visit us regularly during shoots and also where we stayed. The entire unit was invited for a dinner hosted by Dawood at his residence. I also attended the party. We were introduced to many, including Iqbal Mirchi, Sharad Shetty, Chhota Rajan and many artists from Pakistan. THE MAGNUM LINK I also know the proprietors of Magnum Video, Hanif Kadawala and Samir Hingora, and signed for one of their films (Sanam). Sameer is the treasurer of Indian Motion Pictures Association. Hanif used to come to my house often to take dates. THE BRUSH WITH THE RIOTS My father (the late Sunil Dutt) is a Congress MP. He takes a lot of interest in social work. He organised relief for victims of the riots and we used to get threats because of this. Anonymous callers used to threaten male members with violence and would say the women would be raped or molested. We were frightened and under great stress. My father was attacked twice during his visits to Jogeshwari and Behrampada after being branded pro-Muslim. Once, while he was sitting on a hunger-strike at Hutatma Chowk, I got a threatening call. I called the police but no one was sent. I met an Army officer I knew by chance when he was patrolling our area. He was kind enough to guard our house that night. THE NEED FOR A GUN I then casually mentioned the calls and my worries to a few persons, including Hanif and Samir. Hanif told me he would get me an automatic firearm for my protection. I showed no interest initially but, when Hanif and Samir started repeatedly telling me to acquire a firearm, I gradually gave in. THE GUN ARRIVES One day in mid-January, at 9 pm-9.30 pm, Hanif and Sameer came home with another person called Salem, whom I met once or twice earlier. They told me they were coming the next day with the weapons. All three came to my house in a Maruti van. I got some cloth from my house and gave it to them. Salem and one person wrapped those rifles and gave them to me. I saw there were three rifles and some magazines and rounds. I was told there were 250 rounds and they were kept in another handbag I got. But I got scared, seeing the three rifles, and said I wanted only one. They asked me to keep them with for some time. They also showed me some brown hand-grenades. I said I did not want those and asked them to leave my house immediately. I kept the rifles and ammunition in the dickey of my Fiat (MMU-4370) and locked it. That same night I put the rifles in my handbag and kept it in my private hall on the second floor of my bungalow. But I was so tense that I called up Hanif two days later and requested him to take away the weapons. They came and I returned two AK-56 rifles and part of the ammunition to them but retained one AK-56 and some ammunition. I also told them that they could take away the third rifle and the remainding ammunition after the riots were over. They agreed. GETTING RID OF THE GUNS WASN?T EASY I called Hanif again a week later and told him to take away the rifle as the riots were under control. I was tense as I realised what I had done was not right. But Hanif and Sameer showed no inclination to take away the rifle. I instructed my secretary not to give them dates and they had heated discussions with my secretary over that. When I met them, they said the rifle I had was none of their concern. (Dutt also mentions he paid a person Rs 40,000 for a 9-mm pistol while shooting a film at R K Studio.) After the riots were over, I thought of informing the police about the AK-56 and ammunition but desisted as I was frightened of being reprimanded by my father and spoiling the family?s prestige. THE BLASTS I got the news of the blasts on 12 March 1993 when I was shooting for Jai Vikrant in Jaipur. I was shocked. THE ARRESTS Hanif and Sameer had boasted about Tiger Memon and said he was dynamic and brave and how customs and police officials were afraid of him. I left for Mauritius on 2 April for shooting for Atish. I learnt that Hanif and Sameer were arrested for their complicity in the blasts. I was frightened as these fellows had given me the AK-56 and might get me implicated in the blasts. THE NET CLOSES IN I contacted Nulwalla and asked him to destroy the rifle. But, by that time, the news about my having an Ak-56 had appeared in the press. My father asked me if it was true. I denied it. But I was anxious and decided to return to Bombay. My father informed the police of my flight details and I was picked up as soon as I landed and confessed. THE RETRACTION Dutt, however, retracted his confession later and said it was recorded under duress. BUT THAT MAY NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE Tada rules say a confession can be recorded by an officer of the rank of a deputy commissioner and can be used as admissible evidence in court. A confession is among the most significant and important pieces of evidence in a Tada court. The court has the freedom to accept the confession even if the accused retracts it later. The confession of a co-accused can also be used. Tada, however, has since been repealed

Re: Sanju Baba GULITY under Arms Act I thought it was about right too, just becuase he is a celebrity there is an urge to see him punished There are many others in India ( politicians ) who should also be punished; but they go scot free

Re: Sanju Baba GULITY under Arms Act Fair judgement it is in my opinion. Sanjay Dutt is certainly guilty of keeping illegal arms and for that he has been duly punished. But I find it hard to beleive that he was instrumental in any way during and after the blasts. He is one of those guys that seem to revel in deemed as "tough" when they are in proximity with a wiseguy. Anyway whats the point in punishing these small fishes when the actual perpetrators are running scott free after 15 or so years? Good to see some sort of justice has been done but I suppose we can all agree that the culprits who caused irreparable damage to Bombay are living a grand life free from the clutches of Indian legal system.

Re: Sanju Baba GULITY under Arms Act

Fair judgement it is in my opinion. Anyway whats the point in punishing these small fishes when the actual perpetrators are running scott free after 15 or so years? Good to see some sort of justice has been done but I suppose we can all agree that the culprits who caused irreparable damage to Bombay are living a grand life free from the clutches of Indian legal system.
Bingo How about those like Salman Khan who have killed people after DUI, and they are dancing around now? People like Baba Siddiqui are in Politics ( I am saying this even though he is the husband of a close acquaintance ) If that's the system, why round up on one individual?. I think he is rightly convicted

Guest dada_rocks

I thought it was about right too, just becuase he is a celebrity there is an urge to see him punished There are many others in India ( politicians ) who should also be punished; but they go scot free
Rajeev if this is the basis then we may as well close the whole judiciary because u can always find someone who was not punsihed earlier for the same crime whatever may be the extenuatin circumstances money/muscle etc etc

I thought it was about right too, just becuase he is a celebrity there is an urge to see him punished There are many others in India ( politicians ) who should also be punished; but they go scot free
Rajeev if this is the basis then we may as well close the whole judiciary because u can always find someone who was not punsihed earlier for the same crime whatever may be the extenuatin circumstances money/muscle etc etc
Why not, sounds scandalous but true. I can tell you for sure there is not a single person in bollywood (atleast at the top) who doesnt have connection with underworld ( or had ). But that doesn't mean they had a hand in Bomb Blast It's like he is assumed guilty, he has done wrong no doubt and should also provide evidence for whatever he knows, but he has paid a price for that..I mean he has been to Jail before and he should be treated equally like others- ie., people charged under arms act

Re: Sanju Baba GULITY under Arms Act i am surprised u guys dont think, he is getting out cos of his money, clout and political good-will of his dad.... our intelligence system is not tht stupid as most of u assume.... he wouldnt be arrested and a case built without considerable proof..... u guys are basing ur opinion on his version..... unfortunately our CBI cannot go to the mdia the same way...

Re: Sanju Baba GULITY under Arms Act Other people accused of the same offence ...that is keeping arms for terrorists were tried under TADA......while he was not ...I won't be surprised to know that the judge is a munna bhai fan... atleast now he should get the maximum punishment under the arms act or else we can assume that his family's political clout +his celebrity status let him off ...not good judgement.... On a happier note ...Shibu Soren has been convicted of kidnapping and murder and has been taken to jail.....and will finally have to resign from the cabinet( :lmao: :lmao: apni democracy ....full of criminals).

Re: Sanju Baba GULITY under Arms Act 250 crores are riding on Sanju.... u guys are pretty naive to accept tht he was jus targetted of all bollywood actors who have connections with underworld.... he has some kind of relationship with who's who of underworld...