Pak cricket : the way forward

zen

We have been seeing this cycle since a long time: unethical behavior by players, punishment levied by PCB, players appeal against it, punishment get mitigated, unethical behavior continues. There are no signs of improvement. What was sad to see is that new players like Wahid and Amin taking "the coat" from Majid as if it was a normal thing to do! That was simply shocking! Does Pakistan discuss fixing during its team meetings? Corruption seems to have taken such deep roots in Pakistan's cricket that for me it is hard to see things changing overnight miraculously. The youngsters coming in seems to get immediately influenced, esp lured by the two Ws (not Wasim and Waqar but Wine and Women), and then probably doing things to maintain their lifestyle. To break this viscous cycle, where unethical behavior is seen as totally acceptable, and the future players being corrupted, would it be right to take the spotlight away from Pakistan by banning them from playing international cricket for some time, and thus also allowing it to introspect and put its house in order. More importantly address the issue where young players are easily corrupted. At the moment, Pakistan is giving cricket a bad name. Something needs to be done urgently about this issue before cricket start being seen as an event like WWE. What is the way forward?

there is no solution ; its been one full day and i am surprised there is no report yet that bookie was Indian agent and its ploy to destroy pak cricket. These players will get max couple of yrs ban; because it will be ICC ban so thankfully there is no over turning business which is associated with pak cricket.

If they are found guilty, which I believe they will, they should get life bans, all of them, no matter how talented some of them are. We should set an example for future by getting rid of cheaters. Our whole cricketing structure is corrupted and dirty. I believe the tour manager Yawar Saeed is also involved. Honestly when we have a president like Zardari how can we expect PCB to be clean? We, fans, support them every time, wether they win or lose and what are we getting in reply? We have players who are only thinking about their personal gain, they don't care about their country. We don't want players like this. We have enough talent in our country to replace the cheaters. The sydney test, the dropped catches in this series, the big no-balls, daal mein kuch kana hai. Did you guys see how Wahab Riaz was laughing and smiling during his stay at the wicket today. That was disgusting to watch considering the video of him receiving that coat was shown today.

you know posters like you creat more hates. Who said match fixing was reason for the poor performances?
u did. "The sydney test, the dropped catches in this series, the big no-balls, daal mein kuch kana hai." by insinuating that all the crap in paki cricket might have something to do with fixing. when in reality the only things we know for sure right now is that the no balls were fixed. also, i dont see why u think i am 'creating hate' just by saying that paki cricket sucks. thats more a statement of fact than anything else. no malice intended

This is Ramadan! The month of forgiveness and the most beautiful time to rectify yourself to become better Muslims! So in the name of 'Allah', the Almighty I request Scotland Yard, ACU, ICC, MCC,ECB, BCCI, RAW to for once act as 'Mohammed' and forgive them for the sins they committed if ever there was one! Jai Sriram!

In Pakistan the concept of right or wrong appears to be based on getting caught. If you are not caught than you are right, if you get caught you are wrong. Nothing to do with the actual action being right or wrong. If there hadn't been such conclusive evidence, I guess, many in Pakistan would be supporting their team. But since the evidence is so conclusive, everyone in Pakistan knows that this time they are caught, thus what the cricketers did is wrong :P

In Pakistan the concept of right or wrong appears to be based on getting caught. If you are not caught than you are right, if you get caught you are wrong. Nothing to do with the actual action being right or wrong. If there hadn't been such conclusive evidence, I guess, many in Pakistan would be supporting their team. But since the evidence is so conclusive, everyone in Pakistan knows that this time they are caught, thus what the cricketers did is wrong :P
Even when you are caught -- it is OK . Rewind to Asif and Akhtar caught with steroids in their urine/blood? WHat happened? Nothing. All were pardoned. Come on in a nation where International Airlines Hijackers and Terrorists roam freely, what is the level of criminal offense of Match Fixing and Doing Drugs? Probably nothing ! Most importantly all these sorry ass fans who are putting a huh? face -- where were these idiots when Asif and Akhtar were caught. Most wanted it to be put behind -- because of a lack of 'proof'. Only time any action was taken when these fools were caught with their pants down in other countries like UAE, England etc. It is shameful !
Like Nasser Hussain said ' date=' if you are Aamer and you make 250 dollars per match , and you see Zaheer khan across the border make millions , you will be tempted. The only way forward is to allow Pakistanis play IPL.[/quote'] Why are we responsible to fix Pak cricket :dontknow: WI players dont make as much money either so what ?
Why are we responsible to fix Pak cricket :dontknow: WI players dont make as much money either so what ?
WI players can play in IPL? :dontknow: The only player I hope is innocent is Aamer. Hes young, no education, surrounded by retards and has the world at his feet.
WI players can play in IPL? :dontknow: The only player I hope is innocent is Aamer. Hes young, no education, surrounded by retards and has the world at his feet.
How many of them get to play ? Should I go n rob a bank if I am underpaid in my job & claim that Bank should have hired me and given me more money to stop me from stealing .. Its a fecked up logic .. actually there is no logic Does Nasser mean that there was no match fixing when IPL wasnt around ? or shall BCCI start paying Aamir bhai so he makes as much as Zaheer :dontknow:
Like Nasser Hussain said ' date=' if you are Aamer and you make 250 dollars per match , and you see Zaheer khan across the border make millions , you will be tempted. The only way forward is to allow Pakistanis play IPL.[/quote'] Nasser " I love pakis and hate India" Hussain talking crap as usaal like his mate atherton. No idea why they keep bringing India in to it. Facts are Pakis are paid around £3,000 per test match each player, england and aus players get paid double that, hardly on peanuts these paki players are.