2nd test England v West Indies, Headingley

Widebottom. I can't believe this guy has finally won another cap for England. What a loser;

Cricket's new wide-boy _39086510_sidebottom203.jpg Ryan Sidebottom blamed his performance on an injury Even for those of us who trouble no-one but the extras column, the experience of Ryan Sidebottom sends shivers down the wicket. The Yorkshire paceman moved to the top of cricket's least-salubrious list on Sunday, after becoming the first bowler to concede 11 runs off just one ball. Sidebottom bowled five wides against Glamorgan and his only legitimate delivery was hit for a six over mid-wicket by Matthew Maynard. He finished the day with figures of 0.1-0-11-0 - the stuff of nightmares even for an amateur bowler. "You could say my bowling didn't turn out as expected," said the Yorkshire paceman. "I made a fool of myself. "I'd tweaked my hamstring last Friday and I tried to do what was right for the team - but it was a mistake," he told The Sun newspaper. Sidebottom finally retired hurt and left Gary Fellows to finish the over. SIDEBOTTOM'S OVER MISERY Wd, Wd 6, Wd, Wd, Wd, retired hurt, no ball, 4 TOTAL: 20 Fellows fared almost as badly, however, conceding a no-ball and a boundary to take the final tally to a dismal 20.

WI were handed their heaviest test defeat ever. Innings and 283 runs. I watched a bit of this game. KP was fantastic as I said earlier and Prior seems to be a good find. He can actually bat and keep at the same time. Something that neither Read nor Jones could do both to a great degree. Sidebottom is a rubbish bowler but bowled well to take 8. I remember him against Pak in 2001. Bowled utter tripe. His bowling so typically English. A medium pacer that relies on seaming conditions and moisture in the track to get wickets ala Bicknell, and to an extent Caddick. This guy will get pasted on tracks that offer bounce and play true.