Just bought the Kindle

King Tendulkar

The mistakes u guys are making is quality. KT, if you think that way, then the iPhone can also do everything that the iPad can and is even more mobile! Lol. Your thinking is flawed because the ipad is the best combo of computing experience and mobility. Also, If you think that the laptop is as mobile as the iPad then that is seriously deluded. Maybe you haven't used an iPad for an extended period. Sachin=god, boss.. You must be one of the approximately 3 people in the world who doesn't see utility in tablets! I don't know what to say to that :hmmmm2: Btw.. On an iPad rt now.

The mistakes u guys are making is quality. KT, if you think that way, then the iPhone can also do everything that the iPad can and is even more mobile! Lol. Your thinking is flawed because the ipad is the best combo of computing experience and mobility. Also, If you think that the laptop is as mobile as the iPad then that is seriously deluded. Maybe you haven't used an iPad for an extended period. Sachin=god, boss.. You must be one of the approximately 3 people in the world who doesn't see utility in tablets! I don't know what to say to that :hmmmm2: Btw.. On an iPad rt now.
who are the other two :D I've nothing against tablets but I do not see much use for them when I've already got a PC and a Laptop and a Mobile and a music player (like the iPod).

who are the other two :D I've nothing against tablets but I do not see much use for them when I've already got a PC and a Laptop and a Mobile and a music player (like the iPod).
How often do you travel? How much time do u spend commuting everyday? Those are the key questions.

I was thinking about getting a Kindle but half the books I want aren't there on the Amazon store ie mainly the Indian authors. So still not clear whether to go ahead. But theres no denying that its an amazing device. For those interested in buying a Kindle in India theres this blog which answers most of the doubts http://www.shekhargovindarajan.com/tips-n-tricks/kindle-to-india-frequently-asked-questions/

I was thinking about getting a Kindle but half the books I want aren't there on the Amazon store ie mainly the Indian authors. So still not clear whether to go ahead. But theres no denying that its an amazing device. For those interested in buying a Kindle in India theres this blog which answers most of the doubts http://www.shekhargovindarajan.com/tips-n-tricks/kindle-to-india-frequently-asked-questions/
and which doctor has told you to buy the books from amazon when you can download them from various sources on the internet :D

Trying to type on that touch screen is nasty on the i pad. The keyboard on a laptop is miles quicker and easier. On the commute use a lap top, get work done much quicker and efficiently ith keyboard. See no role for i pad! You have basically been a victim of apple marketing that their stuff is a cool:giggle:

Trying to type on that touch screen is nasty on the i pad. The keyboard on a laptop is miles quicker and easier. On the commute use a lap top, get work done much quicker and efficiently ith keyboard. See no role for i pad! You have basically been a victim of apple marketing that their stuff is a cool:giggle:
better to fall for apple than fall to your propoganda :) i am traveling now from work and using the Ipad no issues eventhough my bus running at over 80

I would still prefer a real book in my hand! It's a just a whole different feeling... kindle is just an excuse for those with too much money to waste
I also would always prefer a real book to an ebook but the thing is in the kindle you can carry thousands of books with you anywhere. Its very handy for someone who loves books and travels a lot. Also, its very small in size while in the case of some books, they are sooo heavy that it feels as if your hands would fall off after reading for half an hour and I for one, like to read continuously for hours and hours if I have the time, so it gets pretty inconvenient with these heavy books.

some people prefer to pay the authors/developers for their books/apps.
I also pay the authors by buying lots and lots and lots of books (the real ones, not ebooks) quite regularly. Its only in case of the books which are not available in my city do I download books and most of those I've downloaded are already out of copyright anyway.

But using the ipad while travelling is the biggest use. It takes me an hr to go to work from home and an hr to get back. The iPad is VERY useful for those 2 hours. I can actually be productive, rather than turning my ipod on/going to sleep. Add to that, 3g is really cheap now in India. I get 6GB of bandwidth for ~8 quid. And blazingly fast too. It's a fantastic combination. Now imagine getting your laptop out while moving. It'll be a pain, even if you have a netbook. Add to that.. your hard disk will crash real soon.
Based on our little interaction in the hood, I take your word on the I-Pad to be the gospel. I don't think Steve Jobs knows as much. :two_thumbs_up: Leave alone internet while traveling, I just want to know how to connect the I-Pads to the wifi network. Currently, the I-Pads show connected to HP comp ( my laptop) but when I open Safari, it says connection cannot be established. Why is that? Any idea? But I can of course use the laptop to go online. Can 2 I-Pads share a wireless network? I get connectivity for a few seconds on the I-Pad, and then it goes.I've found the I-Pad to be a big waste. Just good for initially showing it off to my friends. But there is only so much you can show off. :P

Based on our little interaction in the hood, I take your word on the I-Pad to be the gospel. I don't think Steve Jobs knows as much. :two_thumbs_up: Leave alone internet while traveling, I just want to know how to connect the I-Pads to the wifi network. Currently, the I-Pads show connected to HP comp ( my laptop) but when I open Safari, it says connection cannot be established. Why is that? Any idea? But I can of course use the laptop to go online. Can 2 I-Pads share a wireless network? I get connectivity for a few seconds on the I-Pad, and then it goes.I've found the I-Pad to be a big waste. Just good for initially showing it off to my friends. But there is only so much you can show off. :P
-> Make sure you are sharing the internet through your HP laptop (Assuming you are using a usb modem to connect to the internet) -> Yes iPads can share the same wireless network.

I think the Kindle's display is quite realistic with it's e ink technology as compared to LED screens. First time when I opened the package, and was finding ways to remove the plastic sticker. Luckily didn't use the knife to rip it out as that was the actual display screen with the content displayed not a plastic cover. It looked very realistic. :hysterical: Some people find the glare,etc really annoying and kindle might be good for them.