F'king Disgusting

EnterTheVoid

alright, no problems. 1. The entire labor has practically been wasted as one doesn't need 27-storey building for a luxurious living.
Do you need everything you have (or planning to have) - to live?
2. The construction material, the oildiesel used to transport it to the site, the construction machines' n transport vehicular wear n tear, is wasted (as in, it came for use for the nation).
wtf.........
3. Alot of antiques and other stuff might have been imported from foreign, so that money is gone out of india.
WTF... do you know what portion of money goes out of India, for every iPod, laptop, cell phone.... you buy?
4. monthly maintaince of the house (600 staff doing nothing productive) and electricity cosumption etc is a wastage. 5. the substantial sum of 9000Cr has a potential to make a huge difference to the nation (plus the employment generation in lacs) when invested as a whole in any sector of the economy(not talking abt charity).
more wtf...... What about his other billions of $$s which are already making big difference to the nation? Sum total of all ICFes wouldn't account even 0.001% of it.

++ Sums it up.. Where does one draw the line? For every billion he invests/does charity, he will always have another billion to spend on him (in whatever way)... people will always complain about that other billion. Danveer Karnas, maseehas of ICF... what would you do with your first 1crore? ( or have done, for whoever has it already) - you would cry over paying that 30 Lakh tax too. how many of you are not already paying heavy EMIs for a bigger house, better car...there are endless points about your hypocrisy. By creating such a big business, and creating 10s of 1000s of jobs, he has earned the money and the right to spend the way he wants. Comparison with Gates and Buffet is unfair too. They come from different background, different upbringing, perspective...
1) Do not compare middle class people with rich. Middle class people work all their life to get a decent house, a decent car for their family. They would pay income tax and vat on everything they buy. Yet most of the middle class from non-cities indulge in one or other kind of philanthropy. Where as rich in India are way too rich for a country where there are millions of poor who can't get food 3 times a day. The richest 10 percent own 85 percent of the assets, while the poorest half own less than one percent. How did they amass such wealth? As I said earlier, it is due to crony capitalism and poor labors who are ready to work for zilch for food. 2) Why comparison with Gates and Buffet is unfair? They have come from a society where are there are very few poor people, where labor is not cheap, so they are not bound to indulge in philanthropy. Yet they do philanthropy which we can't expect Indian riches..Get the drift?

Replying from phone so very short answer. As ling as he is paying for his electricity' date=' why are you hating on him? He can consume as mych as he wants. btw there isnt a electricity shortage in mumbai. No power cuts. There are no rules or max limit for elrctricity cinsumption. Its the lame govt that cant provide electricity all over. Rather that hting on ambani, hate 90% of the slum dwellers who STEAL electricity. They have the money to pay for it as well.[/quote'] Ok, I think this has gone a little overboard. Dude, please tell me one thing, since when did 2 wrongs make a right? You are telling me that while I am wrong to question Ambani on wasting resources just because he is worth multiple billion dollars and wait, 'paying for his electricity', I am right to question slum dwellers? It just doesn't make any sense at all, man. Also, I am least bothered about what he does for himself so the question of hating him doesn't arise at all. Ok, so just because Mumbai doesn't have any power cuts (hard to believe but I'll take your word for it) and there are no rules for maximum electricity consumption, he is right to use all of it for that monster of a mansion? The rule book, my friend, says if it's allowed why not. However, if you get out of your bubble and pause for a moment to think, you might stumble upon a different answer.

Also, blaming the government for not coming up for a solution for everything isn't the way to go, mate. If they start putting a cap on the amount of electricity you can use, then it'll be mayhem. We live in a democracy and not a banana republic, for crying out loud. I am anything but an environmentalist but by your logic, you can dirty your city all you want and expect the government to clean it up and if they don't, blame them again. There is no rule that stops me from littering the road, I can do it whenever I want to, wherever I want to. Next morning, if it isn't clean, I'll start insulting the government, sounds fair?

Are yaar....I didn't know slums in Mumbai are actually Beverly hills in disguise? People owning beemers' date=' huts worth lakhs...I swear, last time I read somewhere 65% of Mumbai's population live below poverty line...these guys must be good in hiding their wealth huh?[/quote'] Where did you read that? Source plz :cantstop:

I have to say, I, by and large share Rahuliverpool's views on the subject. I think first question we have to ask is do we have a right to question the rich people's excesses. I think yes. Even within law there are aspects propreity and corporate governance, some of which deal with the contribution towards society. So, yes, I think anybody who questions the excesses of Ambani family or others is not ipso facto wrong. One also has to consider, that this is a poor country. Notwithstanding some millionaires and crorepatis in mumbai slums ( if I believe that ), as a nation more than 60 % is still struggling to fend itself. Which is precisely why comparison with Buffet and Gates, along with other billionaires is all but expected. For one, you are from a poor nation, they are not and yet they are the ones donating more. Two, this level of disconnect doesn't exist in any other nation when there is largest chunk of population that goes hungry everyday and the country has max. number of billionaires. So, I am not sure how them coming from different cultures can be posed as an argument. If anything, I presume, the billionaire from India who sees this poverty everyday, to be more forthcoming. I won't abuse the Ambanis though for their excesses. His right is unquestionable but is it "right", is the question and everyone can have a view on it.

Ok' date=' I think this has gone a little overboard. Dude, please tell me one thing, since when did 2 wrongs make a right? You are telling me that while I am wrong to question Ambani on wasting resources just because he is worth multiple billion dollars and wait, 'paying for his electricity', I am right to question slum dwellers? It just doesn't make any sense at all, man. Also, I am least bothered about what he does for himself so the question of hating him doesn't arise at all. Ok, so just because Mumbai doesn't have any power cuts (hard to believe but I'll take your word for it) and there are no rules for maximum electricity consumption, he is right to use all of it for that monster of a mansion? The rule book, my friend, says if it's allowed why not. However, if you get out of your bubble and pause for a moment to think, you might stumble upon a different answer.[/quote'] My point is, what right do we have to question how he spends his money. We cannot point fingers and criticize him for living lavishly. He's made the money, and he can spend it however he wants. The reason I brought up the dwellers is that they are STEALING electricity. MDA is well within his rights to use as much electricity as he wants as long as he is paying for it and BEST is ready to supply it to him. If there is a shortage, will the govt go after people are stealing it? Or after people who are paying for it and consuming more? Yes, if he is hoarding electricity when there is a shortage then the govt should put a cap on max electricity. But bear in mind, if there is a shortage then the govt is first gonna go after industry. Do you have any idea what % of electricity is used by industries and what is the wastage there? You want me to get out of my bubble, but the bubble is covering you, beta. I live in Mumbai, I know the reality (power cuts:hysterical:). It's easy for you to sit and say, oh this rich dude shouldn't buy this, shouldn't build this, he shouldn't be allowed to consume 100 liters of petrol a week, he shouldn't be allowed to use x amount of electricity.. because people are starving.. he should feed hungry kids instead. Get real dude.

but by your logic' date=' you can dirty your city all you want and expect the government to clean it up and if they don't, blame them again. There is no rule that stops me from littering the road, I can do it whenever I want to, wherever I want to. Next morning, if it isn't clean, I'll start insulting the government, sounds fair?[/quote'] My logic :confused: Can you explain plz? Btw, there are rules to stop you from littering the road. And I'm the one in the bubble.

Are yaar....I didn't know slums in Mumbai are actually Beverly hills in disguise? People owning beemers' date=' huts worth lakhs...I swear, last time I read somewhere 65% of Mumbai's population live below poverty line...these guys must be good in hiding their wealth huh?[/quote'] You do realize, that the people who have come up with those are the PEOPLE WHO ARE ACTUALLY LIVING IN MUMBAI. (domaink, shane and me) This city is not as black and white as you think it is. You cannot even imagine the reality of it sitting in plano.

You do realize' date=' that the people who have come up with those are the PEOPLE WHO ARE ACTUALLY LIVING IN MUMBAI. (domaink, shane and me) This city is not as black and white as you think it is. You cannot even imagine the reality of it sitting in plano.[/quote'] this! No point in explaining life of Mumbai to the people who've never lived here atleast for couple of years. :dontknow:

Yaar lets not play the mumbai card. I don't think it can used as a trump card against every argument. In certain cases yes, but there are certain absolutes, i.e hopelessly poor people that would qualify as poor in Somalia or Mumbai. As I said earlier, I do not approve the western standards for Indian poverty calculations necessarily, but there are certain absolutes.

Yaar lets not play the mumbai card. I don't think it can used as a trump card against every argument. In certain cases yes, but there are certain absolutes, i.e hopelessly poor people that would qualify as poor in Somalia or Mumbai. As I said earlier, I do not approve the western standards for Indian poverty calculations necessarily, but there are certain absolutes.
Why not. As you say.. Poor = poor everywhere. What im saying is that living in a slum in mumbai does not mean poor.

Mate' date=' I know you folks are born and brought up in Rich Mumbai and step out in your car. But India is not Mumbai. Go to any remote village, you can see 10 hours /day powercut. There are many in small town who can afford to pay , yet they dont get power. I know it because I come from a village, and it is 8 hrs/day power-cut in my village in summers.[/quote'] And that is somehow MDA's fault, right?