Let's go people...where u at?

I say get over this infatuation with Sachin. This is not abour SRT, this is about YOU. Somehow people get so in love with a player that they fail to realize we have a team out there. As I write this we are struggling. If we lose then who the hell cares about Sachin's innings?? x

haha, well, great to see some of the resentment on this thread. Oh well, damned if you don't, and damned if you do. In response to them very same people, India is the number one thing on my mind. Second is if Tendulkar scores. In the past I have also criticized if he hasn't played well. But I don't agree with people bashing him for no reason. Yoda, today's innings was much much better but I don't think the first innings deserved as much criticism as it did deserve. It was tricky in the morning and Tendulkar held it together. That being said he could have shown more urgency in the middle overs, particularly when he was in the 40s. But keep in mind his last 49 runs were made in 48 balls.

In response to them very same people, India is the number one thing on my mind. Second is if Tendulkar scores. In the past I have also criticized if he hasn't played well. But I don't agree with people bashing him for no reason.
Good to hear that India is number one of your mind. I certainly agree what you say about fans being quick to criticize Sachin. In the same vein it is also true that Sachin deserves a lot of criticism, specially of late. Hence it equally troubles me that Sachin's fans are often so blind that they can not see the critique as a valid one. Regardless all's well that ends well. India won against a good team and Sachin played a great role. xxx

*chuckle* Sachin fans are really finding their lost voice today. Not taking away any credit from Sachin, he was great today, but he needs to do this on a regular basis. Nobody is saying score 90 or 100 every time, but even a quick masterful 30-40 from him is enough to fire the team. If he is going to score a huff puff 70 in 100 balls, the other batsmen are under pressure, and they might even think, 'heck, if Sachin is finding it hard to score, I should be extra extra cautious.'

If he is going to score a huff puff 70 in 100 balls' date=' the other batsmen are under pressure, and they might even think, 'heck, if Sachin is finding it hard to score, I should be extra extra cautious.'[/quote'] Excellent point. Tendulkar is the real leader of this team. He sets the example. Dravid is the captain by name only. Tendulkar - being the longest serving player in the game, with the weight of a million runs behind him - leads by action, and the rest of the team hang onto every shot he plays. All the more reason why he shouldn't scratch around. One fo the best innings i've ever seen by Tendulkar wasn't a hundred or a 50. It was his 38 vs AUS in the '00 ICC Knockout vs AUS. He repeatedly charged down the track to McGrath, indiscriminately slapping his best deliveries right into the sightscreen (and giving him an earful in between). As a result, the rest fo the team - including a 19 year old named Yuvraj Singh (in his 2nd game!) - came out swinging as well, and eventually humbled the World Champions. That 38 was worth a HUNDRED that day. Aggression is CONTAGIOUS - it inspires and captivates in equal measure
^ Predator' date=' was that in Kenya? Ooh, I remember that match, namely 2 players - Yuvraj who scored 80 something and Zaheer who bowled Steve W with a special yorker![/quote'] God knows what happned to zaheer's yorkers ! its almost as if somebody turned off a switch called "Zaheer's yorkers" somewhere !
^ Predator' date=' was that in Kenya? Ooh, I remember that match, namely 2 players - Yuvraj who scored 80 something and Zaheer who bowled Steve W with a special yorker![/quote'] Yep, Nairobi Zaheer once said in an interview to the Sportstar; "If i want to bowl a yorker, all i have to do is tell myself to bowl one and that is it". Not the case anymore...
callin em out, one by one, Predator, Ravi...who else? Express your views on Tendulkar today.
Don't even name me. Unlike you I don't look at some silly numbers in cricinfo before making my mind how good a player's form is. Again what do you mean "calling em out"? Get on with it, I have my opinions about certain players and what's your problem with that? For a change stop chanting "Tendulkar" in every post of yours and search for my posts on Tendulkar if you want to see my opinion. I'm not an insane worshipper like you or silly enough to focus on an indiviidual 24x7 in a team sport. I'm happy for yesterday's result not because Tendulkar got 90+ but because the team won. Simply I didn't grow up worshipping an individual and have been brought up with sporting cultures where team comes before a player. If you cannot even get that in your head you have no idea what a team sport is. Even after the last game I said he looked very good but not great. Do you know what "VERY GOOD" means? As for yesterday's knock he looked excellent yesterday, played a lot of back foot shots and it was good to see him bully the bowlers for once rather than the other way around. I know he did hit quite a few against SL in the 06 season against Murali and showed glimpses but this was against good fast bowling and on a pitch that were not easy to bat on. Yet again I wouldn't care the least if he got a 100, 50 or anything as long as the team won. He set the game up very nicely and I would rate yesterday's game as high as his 90+ knock against Pakistan in the 2003 world cup. Finally just because you watch cricket because of one individual don't try and label us here as "Tendulkar" haters or something. We like every freakin Indian player, whether be it Tendulkar, Ganguly, Rahul Dravid or Karthik to be playing to his best ability every time. Get this in your head "We don't want any player to fail" unlike what you think.
Finally just because you watch cricket because of one individual don't try and label us here as "Tendulkar" haters or something. We like every freakin Indian player, whether be it Tendulkar, Ganguly, Rahul Dravid or Karthik to be playing to his best ab ability every time. Get this in your head "We don't want any player to fail" unlike what you think.
Relax Ravi !! the guy is just fooling around... ! :haha:
haha, well, great to see some of the resentment on this thread. Oh well, damned if you don't, and damned if you do. In response to them very same people, India is the number one thing on my mind. Second is if Tendulkar scores. In the past I have also criticized if he hasn't played well. But I don't agree with people bashing him for no reason. Yoda, today's innings was much much better but I don't think the first innings deserved as much criticism as it did deserve. It was tricky in the morning and Tendulkar held it together. That being said he could have shown more urgency in the middle overs, particularly when he was in the 40s. But keep in mind his last 49 runs were made in 48 balls.
Good to see you have support left for the team and not following the game to feel vindicated about your opinions against a player. I don’t understand some of you guys’ to be honest. I said Tendulkar looked “very good” in the last match, does that sound offending to you Sachin fans? What do you expect us to do, inscribe a tattoo of Tendulkar on our chest and chant Tendulkar 24x7? If we say he didn’t play to his best ability you guys seem to have problems. Listen mate, I don’t know how you view a game but I love to watch Tendulkar score tonnes of runs day in day out. I’m also tolerant if he doesn’t get runs every game but if his quality of cricket sucked in a game I’ll point out. In the end if the team wins and Tendulkar scores I’m happy. If the team loses and Tendulkar score a 100 I’m not happy, it’s as simple as that.