Davis Cup - India vs Uzebekistan

Cricketics

Big news - Bhupathi opts out so that Leander-Bopanna can pair up... So is this the first sign we are seeing which indigates the pairing for olympics??? Anywayz, Sanam Singh, and Yuki bhambri will be travelling with the squad. Sanam is a university of Virginia student from Chandigarh. He's been doing well at challenger level. Just recently won couple of tournaments back home. But hasn't really done anything special overseas yet. Let's hope he can take his form to Uzbekistan in this away tie. COME ON INDIA

It all starts tomorrow. 2 new faces in Indian squad. LET'S GO iNDIA Draw has been made and below is the order of play... Day 1 [R1] Sanam Singh (IND,446) vs Denis Istomin (UZB,43) [R2] Yuki Bhambri (IND,295) vs Farrukh Dustov (UZB,262) Day 2 [R3] Leander Paes (IND)/ Rohan Bopanna (IND) vs Farrukh Dustov (UZB)/ Denis Istomin (UZB) Day 3 [R4] Yuki Bhambri (IND,295) vs Denis Istomin (UZB,43) [R5] Sanam Singh (IND,446) vs Farrukh Dustov (UZB,262) Davis cup site link

it used to be a big big thing back in the dayis it still is for tennis players. Very disappointing performance by India though. Didn't even with the doubles
Exactly in early 90s i always look forward to Davis cup...even used to believe that we will reach the main group... Watching Leander playing in davis cup is really a treat...later. Mahesh also joined and assured a win in doubles atleast..but singles always failed.. I didnt even realised Davis cup going till i saw the news in paper of 0-3 :((

B->

am surprised Sanam played ahead of Rohan in singles . He hasnt done anything except for few ITF win at home which hardly saw any international players in it . Good win for Yuki in the end though , beating a top-50 player .
Big big big win in Yuki's career. This become's his best win now. It's matter of time hew ill be playing under 100. He's definite top 150 player. And his ranking will be soon there. Just mattter of time. Hopefully, he stay injury-free

they did. Istomin is world no. 43. and Yuki Bhambri the upcoming dude has just registered his best win. Yes Bopanna perhaps you can say faced a fairly easy tie today in dead rubber. But congrats to Bhambri for registering his biggest win. Mark my words, He's the next big thing. Will be our best single's tennis player ever to represent India.