England vs South Africa 2012

sabbu dhakkan i keep telling you look at it from the match/series perspective and not 2-3 sessions. If you're not capable of that' date=' test cricket isn't for you.[/quote'] how will looking like that change the fact south africa did not compete today ? :hysterical: and please no need to tell weather its for me or not..trust me i like cricket nothing will change that but today i found it boring.. so according to u est cricket is never boring ? and dont give me see it as series prespective ..ya england did well they might win but how is it hard fought battle even then between bat and ball ? :confused: tell me how even llooking at larger picture say series will make it more competitive day of cricket ? im honestly not getting u..
sabbu dhakkan i keep telling you look at it from the match/series perspective and not 2-3 sessions. If you're not capable of that, test cricket isn't for you. Do you judge ICF by the thread on top, the one run by Sarkar on BCCI's shame etc or go through the various discussions before judging forum quality ?
:hysterical:
Sabby because it is a battle between bowler and batsman and not just all about runs scored or wickets taken
bud i know that! but it wasnt really a battle today was it ? :cantstop: atleast not a equal one u guys are clearly at ease and i know itsn ot abt runs or wickets at end but still i have seen hard fought sessions batsmen fighting out session by session.. bowlers working over batsmen this wasn othing like that sorry ..im saying wht i felt today... do people believe test cricket is never boring ? i just want honest answer here...
bud i know that! but it wasnt really a battle today was it ? :cantstop: atleast not a equal one u guys are clearly at ease and i know itsn ot abt runs or wickets at end but still i have seen hard fought sessions batsmen fighting out session by session.. bowlers working over batsmen this wasn othing like that sorry ..im saying wht i felt today... do people believe test cricket is never boring ? i just want honest answer here...
What about the short session after the new ball was taken? Or the post lunch period when Eng got on top?
and please no need to tell weather its for me or not..trust me i like cricket nothing will change that but today i found it boring..
It is indeed not for you. Certain aspects of life require more patience than others. When we lack the patience with them, we find them boring/annoying/waste of time. Test cricket is one of those where you wait for the best of contests. Today was boring if you look at it from the narrow vision of getting some instant entertainment and not if you saw this as act I of a long play to decide who's the best in business.
What about the short session after the new ball was taken? Or the post lunch period when Eng got on top?
england have been on top for whole game thats wht im saying ...south africa did not looked threatening enough for most part i even remember comentators saying south africa hsould try something .. try short balls honestly they just kept on bowling england kept on scoring there wasnt really hard fought runs here ..ok lets say its flat track still u expect better things from world's best bowling attack no ? and im not baming england here they can bat in way they feel comfortable but to say this day was exciting would be wrong no ? there are gr8 days in test cricket there are boring too and if people found today boring u cant just tell them u dont really like test cricket stop watching :cantstop: also if this was exciting then plz dont even dare to speak anything abt indian pitches and cricket :winky:

This is what England do and why they have been so successful esp at home. Couple batsmen (usually Cook, Trott, Bell) settle in to put runs on the board at a sedate pace and ensure they are not skittled. Then later the likes of Bell when settled, Prior and the lower order all can score at a run a ball to up the ante. It is the ideal blueprint for consistency and serves them well. But boring, yes of course, it is Cook and Trott for goodness sake.

It is indeed not for you. Certain aspects of life require more patience than others. When we lack the patience with them' date=' we find them boring/annoying/waste of time. Test cricket is one of those where you wait for the best of contests. Today was boring if you look at it from the narrow vision of getting some instant entertainment and not if you saw this as act I of a long play to decide who's the best in business.[/quote'] dude dont give me lecture on patience ... was south african bowling patient ? i dont think so :cantstop: it was jsut low quality stuff from south africa and england never really sweated i have seen good sessions where this being patient fits in perectly but this day wasnt one of them im gonna ask u again are there never boring days in test cricket ?
dude dont give me lecture on patience ... was south african bowling patient ? i dont think so :cantstop: it was jsut low quality stuff from south africa and england never really sweated i have seen good sessions where this being patient fits in perectly but this day wasnt one of them im gonna ask u again are there never boring days in test cricket ?
I never lecture no serious poster! claiming to be so + test cricket fan + neutral. Besides, boring is based on what one's expectations are. Having followed test cricket while living in India, i would expect a thicker skin from the so called fans with so many rubbish wickets we churn out. So yes, one could call a day 1 boring, a session boring and a spell boring based on the relative bandwidth of comparison.