Harbhajan English County Performance Monitor

Good for him if he does but I doubt he will be back to how he was like 5-6 years ago. People say it is because he darts, but even when he doesn't, there is no sharp turn. The zip has gone, the deadly bounce that brought short leg into play. It is also not because he doesn't bowl the doosra. He used to be good even before he started bowling the doosra. When he bowls in test cricket now, he looks no different to Raina bowling. Only will do well on rank turners.
Maybe but he played too much nonstop LOI it cricket ruined his bowling and now has plenty of time to work on his technique and rediscover his touch. Hopefully by end of County season :pray: Then a strong showing in next Ranji could get him a comeback for about 3 years.
Maybe but he played too much nonstop LOI it cricket ruined his bowling and now has plenty of time to work on his technique and rediscover his touch. Hopefully by end of County season :pray:Then a strong showing in next Ranji could get him a comeback for about 3 years.
he will be 34 years old after next ranji season :giggle:

Harbhajan Singh hopes Essex stint can propel him to 150 more wickets for India

by Tom Moore Monday, July 23, 2012 12:42 PM EXCLUSIVE: India off-spinner Harbhajan Singh is hoping his stint at Essex will help him take at least a further 150 wickets for India. The 32-year-old lost his place in the national side after a grade one abdominal muscle tear 12 months ago as the Indians were whitewashed by England. Then a shin injury forced him out for a further three months and he is looking to win his place back, despite the riches of Twenty20 cricket proving a lure for many young cricketers. ŵest cricket will always be the biggest thing for me because as a cricketer you want to be judged by what you have done and what you are doing in Test cricket, Harbhajan told London24. ŧor me, Test cricket will always be really special and I canÃÕ wait to get back into the Indian side by doing well and I hope to take 150 odd wickets for India and that should be good fun. ŪÃÃl work hard and do whatever I can from my side to get back into the Indian side and hopefully, with the grace of God IÃÃl be there soon and start winning games again for Team India. Pragyan Ojha was one of the fortunate beneficiaries and was helped by his performances for Surrey as the south Londoners won promotion back to Division One and Harbhajan wants to repeat the trick. ŵhis is the perfect opportunity for me, the off-spinner explained. Ÿe donÃÕ play cricket in India at this point in time. Ŧngland is a very good place to play cricket and the county circuit has helped a lot of players to redevelop their game and to learn about their game. Ūt has helped me before and you learn every day in cricket, no matter what you have achieved. Å£ut still, every day is a new day. I go out to learn. You learn from your defeats. Every day I am learning. ŵhis is a challenge for me to do well here and obviously I am really looking forward for this challenge and get back to the India side. űlaying first class cricket will help you become a better cricketer, no matter how many Tests you have played and how many wickets you have taken, how many scores you have scored. źou canÃÕ guarantee youÃÃl go and score another hundred or take five wickets on that day. ŵhatÃÔ the beauty of this game every day is a new challenge and IÃÎ looking forward to it. In 98 Tests for India, Harbhajan has taken 406 wickets with best figures of 8/84 against the great Australia side in 2001. In one day cricket for his country, the off-spinner has taken 259 wickets at an average of 33 in 229 games. The 32-year-old revealed that he wanted to play First Class cricket to shake off the rustiness when bowling. Ū wanted to bowl a lot of overs, he said. Å¢fter I got injured last year here in England I didnÃÕ get to bowl longer spells. Ū played a couple of Ranji Trophy [the first class competition in India] games and led the team but I wasnÃÕ there. Å®y fitness was not that great and had shin pain that kept me out for three months and itÃÔ been a tough last year due to injuries and stuff, I lost my place in the Indian set up. Å©opefully there will be no more injuries and IÃÃl bowl more and get into the rhythm and get back into the Indian side. Enjoyment is also something that the 32-year-old off-spinner is focusing on and he has not set himself any bowling targets. Harbhajan explained: Ū just want to enjoy this county stint because this is where I feel I can go and express myself and bowl lots of overs and get them under my belt before I start playing Test cricket for India or any form of cricket for India. ŧor any cricketer itÃÔ always nice to be going with the game. ŪÃÎ playing matches here and I just want to continue doing what IÃÎ doing and follow it with India Test cricket. However, Harbhajan has only had one long spell of bowling a 28 over spell during HampshireÃÔ first innings at Chelmsford on July 19. ųain didnÃÕ let me experience too much on the field but whatever IÃ×e got IÃ×e enjoyed it, he explained. Ū bowled about 28 overs on Thursday and felt really good. Ū created a few chances but didnÃÕ click and hopefully, I keep on creating chances and get them caught and the wicket column is going up so itÃÔ been all right. Ū hope the weather stays good from here on in and take a few more wickets to take the team to the next level. Essex, who were beaten in dramatic fashion by Hampshire by a mere two runs in their previous County Championship clash, have their Twenty20 quarter final against Somerset on Tuesday before a Clydesdale Bank 40 clash at Worcestershire on Saturday. They return to Chelmsford on August 1 for a Championship match against Leicestershire.
harbhajansingh_wideweb__470x318,0.jpg What a player :hatsoff: