China Table tennis fail

indiaregulator

this reminds me of this quote from "The Greatest Game Ever played"

Harry Vardon: [to Lord Northcliff] Let me tell you something. I came here to win a trophy. And on the face of it Ted Ray or I should carry it off. Not for you, not for England, but for sheer bloody pride at being the best, *that's* why we do this. And if Mr. Ouimet wins tomorrow, it's because he's the best, because of who he is. Not who his father was, not how much money he's got, because of who he bloody is! And I'll thank you to remember that. And I'll thank you to show the respect a gentleman gives as a matter of course.

I actually have no idea what the chinese selectors were thinking. They have Ma Long, arguably the most talented player of the past 20 years. They have Ma Lin, one of the most reliable players and consistent over the past 10 years. They have Xu Xin, one of the best strokeplayers in the world. They decide to use Zhang JiKe, the cricket equivalent of Ian Bell; flop under pressure.

I actually have no idea what the chinese selectors were thinking. They have Ma Long, arguably the most talented player of the past 20 years. They have Ma Lin, one of the most reliable players and consistent over the past 10 years. They have Xu Xin, one of the best strokeplayers in the world. They decide to use Zhang JiKe, the cricket equivalent of Ian Bell; flop under pressure.
Wow....You actually know the names of these Table-Tennis players and follow enough to analyze them....I am impressed :hatsoff:

:blink: impressive stuff mr. regulator you follow international table tennis?

impressive stuff mr. regulator you follow international table tennis?
Yeah, its mainly because I played table tennis for Cheshire county at a younger age and followed them. I have a bregrudging respect for the Chinese team but I hate them. I would support any other team apart from them. Its unfair on the competition of the sport. For the team game they have assemble a squad of Ma Long, Ma Lin, Xu Xin, Zhang JiKe, Wang Hao and Wang Qilin. Thats like having a cricket lineup of Hobbs, Hutton, Bradman, Richards, Tendulkar, Gilchrist. Its an outrageous squad. In the team game they are unbeatable. The last time the mens team lost was in 2000. Regarding singles, if they put forward any of the six above, they would be hot favourites to win gold. Rules states that they can put forward two in the singles. I'm willing to bet now that the final for both women and men would be a) Zhang Jike vs Wang Hao b) Guo Yue vs Zhang YiNing Ie China vs China In the 2008 olympics for the mens singles, they won all 3 medals. same with womens. They didnt for the team game because you can only put forward one team. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_tennis_at_the_2008_Summer_Olympics Whats the point in this tournament. Theres no competition whatsoever. The only player even semi capable of beating the chinese is Timo Boll, but the problem is the rest of the german squad is cack meaning there is no way they'll win the team. Lets put it this way. In the 2008 Olympics, no Chinese player lost a set against a non chinese player.

But chinese table tennis has produced some absolutely ridiculous ****. Like the video below: Ma Lin developed something called the ghost serve and here it is. How the ***** is that possible. v8advrudYZs
dafuq is a ghost serve?