After 2 days, how is it poised?

gator

regardless of play being lost to light, the match is surely headed for a result and at the moment, it is looking very tight.... slight advntage to south africa though, cos they already have their first innings runs on the board.... yet another chance for the lil master to assert himself on the outcome of a match... perfect setting for him, pitch with no demons, ball comes on with good bounce.... my prediction is, we can get to 300...... it will be a one inning shootout from thereon.... 4th day SA batting and 5th day india batting and the higher scorer will win...

Re: After 2 days, how is it poised?

my prediction is, we can get to 300...... it will be a one inning shootout from thereon.... 4th day SA batting and 5th day india batting and the higher scorer will win...
I totally agree here. It will be a 2nd innings shoot out - test of nerves/character/b*lls.

Re: After 2 days, how is it poised? If 75 overs are possible tomorrow and we score at 3 then it will be 225 and will be on par... Depending on the number of wickets left end of the day we have to plan for Day4. There is a chance a Dhoni Cameo might bring a First inning lead tomorrow itself. Remember we have a long tail and Sachin / Laxman have to dig it out whole of tomorrow.

Re: After 2 days, how is it poised? batting 4th is a distinct disadvantage on this wicket - we need to offset that by a lead of 50 runs or so in the 1st innings. If we don't we are going to be in trouble. At end of Day 1, I was hoping that we would restrict saffies below 280, then get a 200 run lead - Veeru's brainfart and Dravid being benson'd has made this scenario unlikely. :wall: :wall: :wall: It will take an extremely focused performance from the middle-order to even come close to the saffie total - I'm still hoping for 400 or thereabouts, though. We certainly have the batting ability "on paper"...

Guest dada_rocks

Re: After 2 days, how is it poised? Tailenders need to apply themselves like zaheer khan in last match we will reach there.. Dhoni is due for a fifity at least u can count on kumble and zaheer to produce 25 each ... last four wickets can add 80 odd runs if they apply themselves..

SA don't have any spinners to any advantage of 5th day pitch....
the pitch is expected to get quicker and may be uneven(saw some keeping lo today)..so 3rd and 4th innings are likely to be low scoring. best to get as much close to SA total on day 3.

Have a bad feeling about this one. Two quick wickets and we are in deep shyte. Very likely that we will give up 150 run first innings lead and be facing a deficit of 300+ going into the 5th day.
Could be or SRT and Dada might get 100s and India could end up with a big lead :hic:

Re: After 2 days, how is it poised? South Africa has a huge advantage considering they have sent 3 top order batsmen home already. Couple of wickets and India will be in a big hole. I cannot see India scoring big or even say about 400+ Without he lead it is nigh impossible to win this test. The other possibility is of course a draw if the weather and light doesn't let each day's complete. India has to bat all day tomorrow not withstanding how much they score.