With One win over Aussies they have not done anything to ride home about

putrevus

This match we won becuase we got lucky , on many things Sachin getting lucky decisions and ricky pointing decision could have gone either way.It doesnt mask our problems on two fronts. The batting by Sachin was so meek and flawed, There is no fire which was the reason why he was one of the best batsman of his Era. This is what is happening with Sachin now a days , he is wasting so many balls to get in and even if he is set there is no guarantee he will make a big score.The downfall the pressure is building on later batsmen espicially when india is chasing.Like in last match he took so much time to get in and he got out when all he needed was rotate strike to Yuvraj which he failed completely .It is about Sachin to play for team or get out .Enough with this nonsense of sticking around even when he is way past his prime atleast in odis. The bowlers are just horrible.Zaheer Khan in particular has become too cocky for his own good after having couple of good test matches.He was horrible in odis against england, he threw his captain under bus .even though he failed to take any wickets in the second innings of Oval Test.Since then his Bowling has been just horrible. There is no lock down bowler who can stop the flow of runs or take wicket like what Bhajji did in 2001.RP Singh needs to be groomed properly as he is the future of indian cricket, he has pace unlike irfan pathan who at best is a mediocre bowler for India in test matches for tours to down under. Indians players expect too much respect for what they have done in past rather than what they are now and what they can do in future. Indian public are too much carried away with the stats and records which these players have and tend to forget most important stat of all Wins. see what Mr Sandip Patil was saying in a interview recently about the big three. We don't respect our heroes. It is appalling that uncharitable comments are surfacing from all corners regarding Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid and Sourav Ganguly, all because India have lost the first two matches of the current one-day series to Australia. http://www.cricketnext.com/news/we-dont-respect-our-heroes/27354-16.html This kind of sentiments are killing Indian Sports that why we have memories like Melbourne in 1981 , calcutta in 2001 .Where as team like Aussies have so many good things it is an event if they lose a match which is quite opposite to what Indian cricket and their outlook from players board media and Fans. These players are among highest paid people in their sport and to expect nothing less than professional perfomance is a disgrace.They tend to rest on their laurels rather than striving to more success like Aussie do. Your views

basically India lost game no. 2 and 3 because aussies got lucky that yuvraj didn't hit 12 sixes in a row mate.. each win is a win.. if we keep finding these lucky points in every game, then all victories and defeats would be like - "they won/lost because the opposition were lucky/unlucky to ....."

This match we won becuase we got lucky , on many things Sachin getting lucky decisions and ricky pointing decision could have gone either way.It doesnt mask our problems on two fronts. The batting by Sachin was so meek and flawed, There is no fire which was the reason why he was one of the best batsman of his Era. This is what is happening with Sachin now a days , he is wasting so many balls to get in and even if he is set there is no guarantee he will make a big score.The downfall the pressure is building on later batsmen espicially when india is chasing.Like in last match he took so much time to get in and he got out when all he needed was rotate strike to Yuvraj which he failed completely .It is about Sachin to play for team or get out .Enough with this nonsense of sticking around even when he is way past his prime atleast in odis. The bowlers are just horrible.Zaheer Khan in particular has become too cocky for his own good after having couple of good test matches.He was horrible in odis against england, he threw his captain under bus .even though he failed to take any wickets in the second innings of Oval Test.Since then his Bowling has been just horrible. There is no lock down bowler who can stop the flow of runs or take wicket like what Bhajji did in 2001.RP Singh needs to be groomed properly as he is the future of indian cricket, he has pace unlike irfan pathan who at best is a mediocre bowler for India in test matches for tours to down under. Indians players expect too much respect for what they have done in past rather than what they are now and what they can do in future. Indian public are too much carried away with the stats and records which these players have and tend to forget most important stat of all Wins. see what Mr Sandip Patil was saying in a interview recently about the big three. We don't respect our heroes. It is appalling that uncharitable comments are surfacing from all corners regarding Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid and Sourav Ganguly, all because India have lost the first two matches of the current one-day series to Australia. http://www.cricketnext.com/news/we-dont-respect-our-heroes/27354-16.html This kind of sentiments are killing Indian Sports that why we have memories like Melbourne in 1981 , calcutta in 2001 .Where as team like Aussies have so many good things it is an event if they lose a match which is quite opposite to what Indian cricket and their outlook from players board media and Fans. These players are among highest paid people in their sport and to expect nothing less than professional perfomance is a disgrace.They tend to rest on their laurels rather than striving to more success like Aussie do. Your views
Welcome aboard Putrevus. While I neccessarily do not disagree with many of the points you have raised, certainly when it comes to Big 3 and their stats etc, I am curious to see what your suggestions are. All I can see is criticism, many of them valid mind you, but it is surely lot easier to criticize than to give a constructive advise. xxx
basically India lost game no. 2 and 3 because aussies got lucky that yuvraj didn't hit 12 sixes in a row mate.. each win is a win.. if we keep finding these lucky points in every game, then all victories and defeats would be like - "they won/lost because the opposition were lucky/unlucky to ....."
I am denying that fact , What I feel is India needs to be more consistent , that is what is lacking with this team , they have great players but they dont have great team.
I am denying that fact ' date=' What I feel is India needs to be more consistent , that is what is lacking with this team , they have great players but they dont have great team.[/quote'] perhapz u shoud say that they aren't consistent to produce a team show.. well the main thing is that have been pretty useless while chasing against good seam attack.. hence mr. dhoni decided to bat first after India twice failed to chase target... we need to be consistent in that..

Putrevus, did you feel happy at all over the last few years considering the number of test matches India has won overseas? Were you happy India won the test series in England which even the Aussies couldn't when they visited the last time around? Were you happy about India winning the WI test series last year? Similarly were you happy when India shot out the Saffies at Johennsburg for paltry 80+? I agree India hasn't done well enough in ODI and it's a fact they need to do better. That said you cannot go on criticizing every player in the team based on the result of few ODIs. BTW did the Twenty 20 WC win mean anything to you? Get over it mate, there is no way you can expect 11 players to always fire and in particular against Australia day in day out. If India has to challenge Aussies they need majority of the players to come good but am not sure that's going to happen. Either way you sound like you want to see every player selected to do exceedingly well but that ain't going to hapen.

Welcome aboard Putrevus. While I neccessarily do not disagree with many of the points you have raised, certainly when it comes to Big 3 and their stats etc, I am curious to see what your suggestions are. All I can see is criticism, many of them valid mind you, but it is surely lot easier to criticize than to give a constructive advise. xxx
As fans of Indian cricket we need to stop obsessing the records and show these players we are interested in winning rather than just stats. That would be start in my view.
Putrevus, did you feel happy at all over the last few years considering the number of test matches India has won overseas? Were you happy India won the test series in England which even the Aussies couldn't when they visited the last time around? Were you happy about India winning the WI test series last year? Similarly were you happy when India shot out the Saffies at Johennsburg for paltry 80+? I agree India hasn't done well enough in ODI and it's a fact they need to do better. That said you cannot go on criticizing every player in the team based on the result of few ODIs. BTW did the Twenty 20 WC win mean anything to you? Get over it mate, there is no way you can expect 11 players to always fire and in particular against Australia day in day out. If India has to challenge Aussies they need majority of the players to come good but am not sure that's going to happen. Either way you sound like you want to see every player selected to do exceedingly well but that ain't going to hapen.
I agree I was very happy when they won in WI and it bothered me a lot they lost the two matches after winning the first match, that is exactly my point Indians were too much hyped up after winning one match , they lost the series. see in 1985 when India Toured Australia , India was far better side than them , they were unlucky not to win that series becuase of rain. Since then Aussie have become the best side in world and india remain the same side. In ideal world I want indian cricket to be winners like aussies , i know it wont happen .
As fans of Indian cricket we need to stop obsessing the records and show these players we are interested in winning rather than just stats. That would be start in my view.
I shall keep it simple for ya - Not gonna happen. We, as a country, are a sucking Sports nation. Period. We dont win much so we will celebrate whatever we can lay our hands upon. Which means meaningless stats when it comes to cricket. xxx
Guest Hiten.

Aight, i'll agree to your views that we got lucky cuz sachin got zillions life. But you'll have to promise me that you wont come here crying when we tour Aus where we'll be denied plenty of decisions ... deal ?

Ponting is really the biggest whinger in the game ... Here in Australia ... the papers are calling it a contentious decision and talking about how it could have gone either way. The rule states his foot must be behind the line ... ON THE LINE IS OUT. Not one replay showed any part of his foot behind the line ... which means he was OUT ... OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT . I mean , you cant say it should have been benefit of the doubt when there was no doubt. It was not a contentious decision it was OUT. It was close because he was out by perhaps 1 or 2 cm but he was still out. I am sick of the Aussies whinging every time they lose. Someone should go remind Ponting about 'the spirit of cricket'.