Sign in to follow this  
SLICKR392

India Tour of England, June-Sept 2014

India Tour of England, June-Sept 2014  

1. 1.

• 3 seamers + Binny
    • 3 seamers + Jadeja & Ashwin (-a batsman)
    • 4 seamers + Ashwin or Jadeja (-a batsman)

I believe between the two sides " who plays the worst" will decide the winner. India with its pathetic bowling options will struggle to take 20 wkts as usual and will need to rely on English batsmen to screw up. Batting will be hopefully better than 2011 tour and that seems to be only positive thing for India.

Yes, with the proper tinkering, we are real close to winning a test or two-or, even if I am pleasantly wrong in my wildest dreams, three tests in the ENG-AUS tour. But you are kidding yourself if you think we are going to win either of the next two series. Ain't gonna happen unless we feed them some questionable curry or bad saurkraaut.
I don't think we'll win a Test in Aus let alone the series but England? A line up of Cook, Robson, Bell, Root, Ballance, Stokes, Prior, Bresnan, Broad, Anderson, Kerrigan is very beatable. Pujara, Kohli, Rahane, heck even Vijay would walk into this English side. As would Shami and any of our spinners. We just need to pick the right players. Get rid of Zak for starters.

i think india might win a test this series. the batting is better than last time with dead weights like sachin dropped and in kumar and shami india have found 2 reasonable pace bowlers.
i doubt kumar will play,with shami,ishant and zak(atleast for first 2 tests) confirmed.

We couldn't beat New Zealand :cantstop: We managed to snatch a draw from the jaws of victory there. You expect us to beat England in England? :omg: The only thing different from the 2011 tour will be that we will manage a couple of draws and the margin of the losses wont be as huge
England couldn't beat NZ in NZ, and would have lost the series 2-0 were it not for rain and a bail not coming off. Over the past couple of years, Trent Boult and Tim Southee have been just as good, if not better than James Anderson and Stuard Broad. With the loss of Graeme Swann, the attacks are fairly equal. Similarly, Ross Taylor has been the equal of Ian Bell in the England batting lineup, and now that England have lost Pietersen and Trott, the sides are pretty even. If India select their promising young pace bowlers and play a proper test spinner, this will be a very close series. Also, I think the tour of NZ was very good for the development of some of the batsmen. Dhawan in particular went from looking like a flat track bully to really railing in his technique and looking a proper test opener. If they get runs from the likes of Pujara, who went missing a wee bit, it's a very strong lineup.

England couldn't beat NZ in NZ, and would have lost the series 2-0 were it not for rain and a bail not coming off. Over the past couple of years, Trent Boult and Tim Southee have been just as good, if not better than James Anderson and Stuard Broad. With the loss of Graeme Swann, the attacks are fairly equal. Similarly, Ross Taylor has been the equal of Ian Bell in the England batting lineup, and now that England have lost Pietersen and Trott, the sides are pretty even. If India select their promising young pace bowlers and play a proper test spinner, this will be a very close series. Also, I think the tour of NZ was very good for the development of some of the batsmen. Dhawan in particular went from looking like a flat track bully to really railing in his technique and looking a proper test opener. If they get runs from the likes of Pujara, who went missing a wee bit, it's a very strong lineup.
really good post new zealand attack is very underrated here and imp they have already surpassed english bowling but english batting is much more resilient specially a home and pitches lot less helpful for fluke performers like ishant

It'll be very interesting to see what happens with the English side. I think their more defensive style batsmen like Cook and Root are more likely to score runs in home conditions and against a less aggressive bowling attack than they faced in the Ashes. But from there, only Bell at 3/5 and Stokes at 6/7 are really locked in as far as the batting is concerned. And then we still don't know a) who the other middle order batsmen will be, b) who their wicketkeeper will be, c) who their spinner will be and more importantly d) who their third seamer will be. They could be a good team, but they could also be absolutely horrible.

Should Sandeep Sharma be picked for the England test series? Sandeep Sharma is currently getting massive swing playing in IPL and bowling really well. Always liked him from U19 days but this IPL has taken him to a different level and will only improve from here. (:antijinx:) We are playing our next series in England, a place which always assisted swing bowlers. I would love to see how Sharma goes there in test matches. Also note, this is a 5 match long test series, so dead ducks like Zaheer and Ishant might be a risk. :nervous: We must go with Bhuvi, Sandeep & Shami as our seamers for the England tour.:two_thumbs_up: So what you guys tink - Should Sandeep Sharma be selected for England series?

Why are we so reluctant go give chances to young fast bowlers? when we go for youth in batting department why always go back to seniors when it comes to bowling (seam bowling that is).
hes not ready for Tests atm.in ODIs maybe he can be tried

first class bowling average: 22.78 in 20 matches and economy of 2.78 he bowls test match lengths- should be given a chance in the A tour and then re assess from there PK was our best bowler last time in England despite limited test match experience

Better to play him in the A tour to australia. Bumrah also needs to be in that A-tour. And may be after 1 year can consider him for indian team. Another important thing is in one of the interviews, he mentioned, he is seriously working on improving his pace and has managed to improve from an avg speed of 125 kph last year to 129 kph by this year which is not bad for a 20 year old. Being selected for indian team can infact be a distraction for his current training plans as am not at all convinced by joe davis. he has already screwed up bhuvis inswinger.

At this pace ,will get flogged after 3-4 overs Needs to put in some more meat and increase pace like BK
Bhuvi is still 130-135 bowler which he was when he came in the Indian side.

I have faith in Indian batting but no faith at all in in Indian bowling, especially after IPL grind. Hence I have no hope from this tour too.

Whether it is Sandeep' date=' Ishant or Atul Sharma, India is still shyt outside the subcontinent. Bring on another series loss!!!![/quote'] ohh yeah....and India won champion trophy so convincingly in England

Whether it is Sandeep' date=' Ishant or Atul Sharma, India is still shyt outside the subcontinent. Bring on another series loss!!!![/quote'] ohh yeah....and India won champion trophy so convincingly in England

Your team for first test vs EngLAND Murali Vijay Dhawan Pujara Kohli Rahane Dhoni Jadeja B Kumar Shami Umesh Yadav Pankaj Singh Reasons: 5 front line bowlers needed as 4 is never enough. In the past we've used part timers like Viru and Sachin. We have no one to do a similar job. Rohit leaks runs in tests. Jaddu needs to be given all rounders responsibility and told he's there to perform with the bat

Murali Vijay Dhawan Pujara Kohli Rahane Dhoni Jadeja B Kumar Shami Umesh Yadav Pankaj Singh Reasons: 5 front line bowlers needed as 4 is never enough. In the past we've used part timers like Viru and Sachin. We have no one to do a similar job. Rohit leaks runs in tests. Jaddu needs to be given all rounders responsibility and told he's there to perform with the bat
Boss yadav squad mein nahi hain to khelega kaise??