Janata Parivar II

Texan

thanks for your inputs S=G this Sharma guy from Lucknow has many parallels with Fadnavis in Maharashtra. Both Brahmins. Both youngish and both majors of cities (nagpur and lucknow) and both political novices but with clean records. So who will be Rajnaths man in UP elections? Himself his son? Somebody else? I am guessing Varun Gandhi is not in the reckoning at all. Will he even get a cabinet berth in UP? On the congress sp tie up. I cant see the congress accepting 50. So that tie up wont happen by the looks of it. Good to hear about Ajit Singh.....

thanks for your inputs S=G this Sharma guy from Lucknow has many parallels with Fadnavis in Maharashtra. Both Brahmins. Both youngish and both majors of cities (nagpur and lucknow) and both political novices but with clean records. So who will be Rajnaths man in UP elections? Himself his son? Somebody else? I am guessing Varun Gandhi is not in the reckoning at all. Will he even get a cabinet berth in UP? On the congress sp tie up. I cant see the congress accepting 50. So that tie up wont happen by the looks of it. Good to hear about Ajit Singh.....
The problem is that Dinesh Sharma is no good at all. Has done absolutely nothing as Lko Mayor in 7 years. Just plays politics and uses media to get into the papers regularly. According to news reports Rajnath is not at all happy bcoz he has way down the pecking order in the BJP behind Modi, Shah, Jaitely and some people even say that Smriti Irani has more influence than him now. Some of the important functions of the Home Minister have been taken by Modi - all that is because Modi knows that of his senior ministers, Rajnath is the only one who might be a challenge to him at some point and as you know, Modi hasn't been known to keep any future competitors for long (his record in finishing careers in Gujarat is proof of that). So I don't see hope for Rajnath or his son as far as CM post goes (and that's great bcoz both are corrupt and Rajnath has played the biggest part in decline of BJP in UP in the last decade). Varun Gandhi has been quite for sometime now - it seems he has reached an understanding with Modi/Shah that he will be given an important role in UP at some point so he is not making any controversial statements now. IMO if he becomes more down to earth, humble and toes the party line then he still has a better chance than all of UP BJP's leaders bcoz he has the surname and he has charisma. Yeah......Congress definitely won't accept such a low number but seeing their performance in Vidhan Sabha elections in last 15 years, they really don't deserve any more seats.

On topic - I agree with people who are saying that Cong needs to be in this Janta 2.0 for it to be successful. My guess is that if this 'experiment' stays till next year then Cong might join it nationally before Bihar elections. I do hope that this fails though. Its a collection of leaders with nothing in common except greed for power and big egos

hmm i have always viewed Shivraj Chuahan as being the major challenger to Modi. I would say even Gadkari has a major chance. Both of them are nearly 10 years younger than Modi. One is a mass leader in MP an important BJP state and the other is the poster boy of the RSS. agree on the Rajnath being useless. To be fair to Fadnavis he has done a lot for Nagpur. So cant really compare him on that metric. Interesting on Varun Gandhi. I have always believed that he should quiet down and do the party work. He is only 35. I feel he should be given a key ministry in UP if BJP win.

hmm i have always viewed Shivraj Chuahan as being the major challenger to Modi. I would say even Gadkari has a major chance. Both of them are nearly 10 years younger than Modi. One is a mass leader in MP an important BJP state and the other is the poster boy of the RSS. agree on the Rajnath being useless. To be fair to Fadnavis he has done a lot for Nagpur. So cant really compare him on that metric. Interesting on Varun Gandhi. I have always believed that he should quiet down and do the party work. He is only 35. I feel he should be given a key ministry in UP if BJP win.
couple of weeks ago on Diwali I was in my home town in MP and heard many people talking about the dissent in MLS's brewing against Shivraj Singh Chauhan and there are chances that Kailash Vijayvargiya. There are lot of scams in MP in recruitment and entrance exams. Some of the leads going up to Chauhan's wife Sujata Singh. Corruption, in fact is becoming big issue in MP. Knowing Chauhan's stature an politics more closely, I can't bring myself to think of Chauhan being a challenger to Modi. No way. Chauhan is nowhere close to Modi in stature.

So Mulayam, Lalu, Nitish, Deva Gowda and Om Prakash Chautala are coming together - they will be the second biggest group/party in Rajya Sabha after Congress so NDA's problems in RS will increase. Also, these guys together will definitely have some impact in polls. Bihar next year will obviously be the first test. Interesting times ahead...

hmm I wonder if congress will be pushed to number 3 nationally as well atm atleast numerically they are number 2 in the lok sabha + rajya sabha combined. This combo has the potential to get about 70 seats at max in the lok sabha.....

Seriously disappointed in nitish kumar.I really had high hopes from this guy but he too like other politicians, ended giving up his principles and join hands with these goons. Now the question is will mamata also join this alliance? Congress wil l surely support them

Lalu is politically finished.Chautala is in jail.Devegowda is a nobody now. Only Nitish and Mulayam have some political strength. Nitish came to power on the back of Anti Lalu tirade and has now joined him.Credibility is gone.Plus that CM they put up Majhi is a gone case. Also these parties are limited to one state each mostly. Mulayam to UP Chautala to Hariyana Devegowda to Karnataka Lalu Nitish to Bihar so it wont make much difference in individual states.Plus in most of these states Congress will cut into their votes plus BSP will cut votes in UP plus MIM will cut votes.No One is challenging the votes of BJP here.

Lalu is politically finished.Chautala is in jail.Devegowda is a nobody now. Only Nitish and Mulayam have some political strength. Nitish came to power on the back of Anti Lalu tirade and has now joined him.Credibility is gone.Plus that CM they put up Majhi is a gone case. Also these parties are limited to one state each mostly. Mulayam to UP Chautala to Hariyana Devegowda to Karnataka Lalu Nitish to Bihar so it wont make much difference in individual states.Plus in most of these states Congress will cut into their votes plus BSP will cut votes in UP plus MIM will cut votes.No One is challenging the votes of BJP here.
They are looking to be a national party. I think this move ensures that SP's dream of becoming a national party becomes a reality. All key sartaps can for example claim bungalows in central delhi etc. Recently laloo was chucked out of his bungalow. So maybe he can come back now.

BJP is far better a party than the collusion of these political opportunists... There conglomeration is nothing but a last attempt for their own political survival... It can not last for even a fortnight leave aside the question of them forming an strong and united opposition... Sometimes I wonder how can the Lalu and Nitish even bear the sight of each other considering the kind of bitter utterances they have used for each other in the past.

Honestly, Nitish has been the biggest loser. Not just that he broke away from NDA but he decided to tie up with Lalu as well. A serious degradation of his political values and also of his party in such a short time. Imagine where would he have been today with NDA. I mean SS is so big in the national scene compared to NK. They are both in State and National government. Nitish is taking it too personally. His ego is badly hurt and he would do more stupid things. He should rather be thinking about people of Bihar. And coalition with NDA will be the best thing for him in a long run. But I doubt he will take that initiative. And BJP wont initiate either but there is still a section in BJP who want both SS and JDU in NDA. I still think he is much better than Lalu, Mulayam, Maya and Mamta.

They are looking to be a national party. I think this move ensures that SP's dream of becoming a national party becomes a reality. All key sartaps can for example claim bungalows in central delhi etc. Recently laloo was chucked out of his bungalow. So maybe he can come back now.
Laloo cant contest elections.And how will these guys get 272 plus seats in Lok Sabha?All these parties are limited to 1 state each except Laloo and Nitish. What % votes will nitish Laloo Chautala Devegowda get in UP?What % votes Mulayam Chautala Devegowda get in Bihar?What percentage votes will Laloo Mulayam Chautala Nitish get in Karnataka? Except in Bihar where Laloo and Nitish will consolidate some votes rest of the alliance makes no sense.Plus the big egos of these local leaders each of whom wants to become PM will not let them function together for long.

Honestly, Nitish has been the biggest loser. Not just that he broke away from NDA but he decided to tie up with Lalu as well. A serious degradation of his political values and also of his party in such a short time. Imagine where would he have been today with NDA. I mean SS is so big in the national scene compared to NK. They are both in State and National government. Nitish is taking it too personally. His ego is badly hurt and he would do more stupid things. He should rather be thinking about people of Bihar. And coalition with NDA will be the best thing for him in a long run. But I doubt he will take that initiative. And BJP wont initiate either but there is still a section in BJP who want both SS and JDU in NDA. I still think he is much better than Lalu, Mulayam, Maya and Mamta.
Nitish thought he would become PM piggy backing on NDA and BJP.LOL.These guys cant win 1 seat outside their states and they want to be PM.