G_B_

The BSE/NSE Trading Thread

8 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Which stocks look good to go long for next 2 months?

Like pvt banks , I exited all PSU banks but for SBI last week ... Kotak bank , Axis , Voltas and Tata global . May be wait for this months expiry for dips .

I like RBL bank too , but long term . Even Yes bank is still a value buy imo 

On 3/16/2019 at 6:58 PM, Pandya_Power said:

Totally makes sense though when you analyse things from the US perspective. With the pause in Fed's rate hikes, EM equities were bound to do well. Its a risk-on environment

Thats fine , but the inflows seem to have started right after the stand off with Pakistan ..market is already discounting BJP coming back to power  so the rally may last till elections , but have a feeling it will nose dive even if Modi wins . 

There are some clear indicators that economy is slowing down , so unlikely we will see  results in coming quarters to justify the high premiums they are trading at now . 

6 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Like pvt banks , I exited all PSU banks but for SBI last week ... Kotak bank , Axis , Voltas and Tata global . May be wait for this months expiry for dips .

I like RBL bank too , but long term . Even Yes bank is still a value buy imo 

Any views on IDFC first bank? Also @velu

Edited by randomGuy

7 hours ago, YUSER_ said:

How much money I need to invest in shares to earn 1k to 2k everyday through day trade

there are many different ways to traed .. all depends on what kind of strategies you are comfortable with ( directional trades or directionless trades .. futures .. options selling/buying ) 

there are 1000 ways to lose money before figurnig out some of the ways to make money consistently 

11 hours ago, YUSER_ said:

How much money I need to invest in shares to earn 1k to 2k everyday through day trade

Ideally 2 Lakhs for Day Trade

Note: I am not in Day Trading as i am empoyed in other profession.  So do your own research in these money matters, I did try Day trading with that much amount whenever i was on planned or sick leaves. In initial days of Day Trading i found the profits were erased by losses on other days and there was little profit i made after many day trades. Day trading is not worth if one is employed imo if income from Day Trading is not your primary source of income. Instead try "Swing Trades" or Long time investment.

1. Do not use your saving amount for Day Trading.

2. Accumulate separate amount which you can risk for Day Trading and which will not impact you even if you lose all of the money you plan to trade with.

3. Do not beleive in sms tips.

4. Always use "Stop Loss" feature for all trades.

Edited by Straight Drive

1 hour ago, Straight Drive said:

Ideally 2 Lakhs for Day Trade

Note: I am not in Day Trading as i am empoyed in other profession.  So do your own research in these money matters, I did try Day trading with that much amount whenever i was on planned or sick leaves. In initial days of Day Trading i found the profits were erased by losses on other days and there was little profit i made after many day trades. Day trading is not worth if one is employed imo if income from Day Trading is not your primary source of income. Instead try "Swing Trades" or Long time investment.

1. Do not use your saving amount for Day Trading.

2. Accumulate separate amount which you can risk for Day Trading and which will not impact you even if you lose all of the money you plan to trade with.

3. Do not beleive in sms tips.

4. Always use "Stop Loss" feature for all trades.

There is no one who can make 50-100% returns eveyday . 

Also the most important thing is money management . Need a lot of discipline 

3 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Haha I deserve that .

many brokers give good leverage and their charges are similar to FD rates .. 10x leverage is the norm ..

one broker giving 15 to 30 times leverage and they have a fixed brokerage plan .. 9% interest + 18% gst for every crore they provide as margins ( should be used only for selling and no leverage on overnight positions ) and charged as account maintenance fee and no brokerage will be charged on f&o trades 

https://m.timesofindia.com/elections/news/tcs-gave-rs-220-crore-to-electoral-trust-in-jan-mar/articleshow/68859553.cms

They could have used this amount for strengthening their CSR activities.

Meanwhile TCS and Infosys have declared results yesterday. TCS and Infosys have announced final  dividends of ₹18. and ₹10.50 per share respectively.

10 hours ago, velu said:

did long strangle in bank nifty :pray: 

most probably tomorrow there will be a volatility spike because of the exit polls on sunday 

Premiums are crazy , What strike prices did you buy ? 

34 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Bull rally to break new highs. The long good times are here to stay given the exit polls are very much in favor of this govt. continuing. Hope the next quarter sees double digit profit margins to aid the rally further.

@velu

@randomGuy

@jusarrived

decent bull mkt is good for intraday option sellers :marchmellow:

anywya mkt have its own mind .. china vs usa war , iran issues might be a dampener for our mkts as well .. but our economy shld keep going up from strength to strength

7 minutes ago, velu said:

decent bull mkt is good for intraday option sellers :marchmellow:

anywya mkt have its own mind .. china vs usa war , iran issues might be a dampener for our mkts as well .. but our economy shld keep going up from strength to strength

The earnings were majorly in single digits in last quarter still it held off reasonably well.

But as you say the trade war and Iran factor might put some brake and pull it slightly below the days high tomorrow.

2 hours ago, velu said:

bank nifty hits all time high and closed at all time high ..

nifty closed at all high ..

good days ahead:marchmellow:

Indeed, what a fabulous day it was.

Sensex up by 3.75 %

NIFTY 50 by 3.69 %

NIFTY Small Cap 100 by 4.61 %

NIFTY Midcap 100 by 4.07%

NIFTY Bank 30579

Just wish that the exit polls results turn out to be true. Offcourse there will be some profit booking when the stocks make their life time highs post election results. On a positive note the volatility due to election will be past and it will be a broader upmove despite some corrections due to profit bookings.

On 5/19/2019 at 10:00 PM, Straight Drive said:

Bull rally to break new highs. The long good times are here to stay given the exit polls are very much in favor of this govt. continuing. Hope the next quarter sees double digit profit margins to aid the rally further.

@velu

@randomGuy

@jusarrived

4 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

Indeed, what a fabulous day it was.

Sensex up by 3.75 %

NIFTY 50 by 3.69 %

NIFTY Small Cap 100 by 4.61 %

NIFTY Midcap 100 by 4.07%

NIFTY Bank 30579

Just wish that the exit polls results turn out to be true. Offcourse there will be some profit booking when the stocks make their life time highs post election results. On a positive note the volatility due to election will be past and it will be a broader upmove despite some corrections due to profit bookings.

Even if the exit polls are proved right , I expect a big correction next month and then pick up from there towards 14-15 k in next 2 years 

6 hours ago, velu said:

bank nifty hits all time high and closed at all time high ..

nifty closed at all high ..

good days ahead:marchmellow:

I am probably the only guy who lost money on nifty today . Had 10 lots of 11800 ce bought at 227 , which I exited at 215  almost days low for some reason . It closed at 350 

Was carrying IndusInd bank CEs , sold at opening and hdfc bank CE from Friday . Still carrying Hdfc bank . Not a bad day , but it was easy one directional . I know a few noobs who made tons of money today . :(

27 minutes ago, velu said:

sold puts :marchmellow:

i wanted to avoid , but verdict is clear

Yeah I was tempted to take futures long , but stayed away . Made my money on last 2 days in IndusInd bank , hdfc bank and nifty . Today is a complete avoid for me 

#niftyat12k

Edited by jusarrived