Hogg's 'bastard' defence; India withdraw complaint on Hogg

DesiChap

re: bhajji, India came in very unprofessionally prepared for the hearing, the Indian representative was making grand sweeping statements, not questioning witnesses but giving speeches... i hope he's not a lawyer back home, because his clients would be heading straight to jail.... at this hearing they will reverse the original decision ( as they should ) on appeal, bhajji free to play ( but shown as a hot head and he will be watched in future ).... i dont know why they charged him originally ( i said this in an earlier thread ) if not for the poor preparation by the indian management.....even if he said it you need more proof than that. not fair on bhajji and indian team but they need to take these things more seriously
This is quite true, AF. Chetan Chauhan is just a former cricketer and has no knowledge about how to deal with such issues. BCCI is to blame for that. When they knew that hearing would be on sunday since Friday itself, they could have hired a lawyer, if they wanted to stand behind Bhajji. But BCCI is the most unprofessionally run board in the world who are lease bothered about cricket or cricketers.

Dropping the charges against Hogg must have been sanctioned by the BCCI. Bringing Hogg into the mix was not a goof move for India in the first place because it indirectly diminishes the ability of the BCCI to apply the pressure on the ICC to have Harbhajan exonerated of racism charges. In other words if Hogg's plight was left up to the ICC he would surely have been banned for several matches, and this would have made it impossible for the BCCI to apply any pressure to the ICC without loosing all credibility. For India this is a best case scenario in every sense, particularly if Hogg plays in Perth

The whole episode proves Kumble and co are smarter and we are all fools.They have earned a lot of publicity and coveniently made us to forget the defeat.We are wasting time by typing the forum,burning effigies etc.for these larvas who are only thinking about money .After eating (earning) the public money they will become pupa and sleep in their home.We will all miss a beat or two for them.

I don't think the world would see it from that angle' date=' Rajan. If Kumble and co had registered the complaint against Hogg, they should not have backed out like this. [b']This will only tell the world that either the Indians were lying about Hogg's comment or that particular comment is not offensive to them, or they registered the complaint after losing their cool!! What is the point of backing down? No court can prove Bhajji's offense without an evidence. This was one opportunity to go hard at these biased match referees too. But... This had to happen! Afterall, BCCI is too concerned not to hurt their prime IPL stars and they might have told Kumble to drop the charge!
Even Aussies have admitted that Hogg had made the comment, but they were only contesting that the context was more in "friendly"terms than the dictionary meaning!
re: bhajji, India came in very unprofessionally prepared for the hearing, the Indian representative was making grand sweeping statements, not questioning witnesses but giving speeches... i hope he's not a lawyer back home, because his clients would be heading straight to jail.... at this hearing they will reverse the original decision ( as they should ) on appeal, bhajji free to play ( but shown as a hot head and he will be watched in future ).... i dont know why they charged him originally ( i said this in an earlier thread ) if not for the poor preparation by the indian management.....even if he said it you need more proof than that. not fair on bhajji and indian team but they need to take these things more seriously
That is a whole lot more sensible than some of your earlier stand, in our view.

Monkey is racist. Bastard is simply rude. Thats the difference. It was a weak tit-for-tat counterclaim. Kumble was right to withdraw. You all know that Monkey is racist. Many indians on this list are using it as a racist term with pictures for extra proof. You just feel its clever not to admit it and refer to the non racist context we all use when we call our kids "naughty little monkeys". Even the administrators on this site have said I should not use the term "curry monkey", which is further proof!! Browns cannot call blacks monkey and be suprised when everyone says "look in the mirror".

Hey Pat. We all know that monkey is racist word in Australia. But where is the evidence that Bhajji uttered that word? Any way, No quid pro quo in dropping charges against Hogg: team management Perth (PTI): Dropping of charges against Brad Hogg was not part of any deal with the Australians and the Indian team management was prepared to defend Harbhajan Singh in his appeal against conviction for alleged racial abuse. "The two issues are absolutely independent of each other and we are prepared to slug it out in Harbhajan's defence. There is no quid pro quo in this matter," Indian team's media manager M V Sridhar said on Monday. "We are just waiting for the date for his hearing to be decided by the Appeals Commissioner," he said. However, the team's administrative manager Chetan Chauhan made it clear he would like to see the Australians reciprocate and drop the charges levelled against Harbhajan. "It is up to them whether they want to allow the appeals process to go forward. It is a good gesture by captain Anil Kumble after discussions with BCCI officials and we now want to focus on cricket," he said. "Things happen in the heat of a game and what happens on the field should stay on the field." Sridhar said Kumble had taken the lead in the matter and shed past baggage. "The decision was taken during the week after the Sydney Test and we want to move on now in the best interests of the game. "We got the necessary advice from the BCCI and it was a collective decision," Sridhar said. Chauhan denied the latest developments were a victory for the Indian side. "It is a positive decision to defuse the tension and bitterness that had arisen between the two teams," he said. ------------------------------------------------------------ So now you all know why the charges were withdrawn---BCCI pressurised Kumble to do so because they(BCCI) can't offend the Australian players,who are the prime target for IPL, even if it comes at the cost of leaving its own cricketers in tatters. And of course Chetan Chauhan is a fool!

Hey Pat. We all know that monkey is racist word in Australia. But where is the evidence that Bhajji uttered that word?
Agree. There is no direct evidence. Nobody heard. Sachin can not know for sure either. However, it is possible to be found guilty without direct evidence. For example, in a murder trial you dont always need a body, witnesses, dna or proof. All you need sometimes is motive, opportunity and circumstance. Example. If a guy decides to kill his wife and then successfully disposes of the body, you would never be able to proove conclusively. The meer fact that they have had a bad relationship and the guy has a history of violence may be enough to convict on balance of probabilities. "He probably did it". This is why we have juries.. to balance the evidence when it is not perfect Bhajji has form in this area and is a hothead. He knew the only way to get under Symo's skin was to say that. So the balance of probabilities is that he did. The monkey roll he did in Sydney is the thing that tipped the scales for me. In anycase, I think that bhajji should be let off with a warning. The positive of this is that we all know where we stand. It is now clear that: 1) Monkey is racist.. we shouldnt use 2) Bastard is insensitive to Injdians.. we shouldnt use 3) India will no longer remain silent on the field and will no longer be pushed around 4) We need more technology in umpiring. (yes.. india got a raw deal.. but I dont think it was a setup) 5) The Indian nation are as racist as any western nation and.. wait for it.. 4) Australia will win the 3rd test! :two_thumbs_up:
excellent move. this is the kind of attitude that has us as the longest standing civilization. hopefully the land of the bastards will learn from us.
You gotta be kidding me. Sometimes there comes a time when a hard spanking is needed to teach a lesson.