Taare Zameen par - Not in Gujarat ?

Desi Cartman

^^ Aamir-Modi confrontation which occurred 2 yrs ago (I think). It was not exactly face-to-face, but it was something related to Narmada dam. Its pretty sad that the politicians are using their power against a actor whose movies truly deserved to be screened on each and every silver screen in the country. So what, Aamir went against Modi's ideas. We live in democratic country don't we? god damn it

Guest dada_rocks

Modi has not uttered even a single syllable against any Aamir Khan.... Taare Zameen pe is not controversial at all and I have no heard anyone frm gujraat opposing it.. yes his Fanna needed to be boycotted all over india and reason was romanticisation of terrorist and terror.. In a country where every day people die in terror related incident more soldeir's life has been lost in terror than in war showing terrorist as some kidn of romantic hero is not ON.. they are evil individual and must be shown like that..

Modi has not uttered even a single syllable against any Aamir Khan.... Taare Zameen pe is not controversial at all and I have no heard anyone frm gujraat opposing it.. yes his Fanna needed to be boycotted all over india and reason was romanticisation of terrorist and terror.. In a country where every day people die in terror related incident more soldeir's life has been lost in terror than in war showing terrorist as some kidn of romantic hero is not ON.. they are evil individual and must be shown like that..
arey but aamir controversy started in gujarat because he spoke against modi about kisanz of India

and what about Fiza ? was that anti-India as well ... who decides what we see .. is it the public , the censor board or the politicians also if select group of indiviuals think a movie is not acceptable then why is it that others dont get a chance to see and make up their mind ?

Guest dada_rocks
its shameful and how does it matter what does he say about Narmada andolan. What's the relation between his acting/movie and his stand on a project that is going to displace thousands of people ? In any case I dont think he said something that he shouldn't have to mr modi :finger:
Again it;s not Modi it's gujrati janta and yes it matters a dam which not only provded electricity but also drinking water to millions of gujrati needs betetr treatment than what Aamir khan accorded it.. Later on he clarified he had no clue what was he getting into just was loking for some cause against Modi and joined the chorus...... All said and done Modi has not uttered a word against his film ..

Guest dada_rocks
and what about Fiza ? was that anti-India as well ... who decides what we see .. is it the public , the censor board or the politicians also if select group of indiviuals think a movie is not acceptable then why is it that others dont get a chance to see and make up their mind ?
I am sure those boycotting are public not some spirt from other world working on behst of any politician.. if u jump inot a political issue without knowing zilch u are courting trouble there wud be section of people against you and they will boycot u for sure.... This accusation that Modi is doing it all is baseless falsehood and uncalled for he is bigegr than some khan and has betetr things to do than worry which film is being shown and which is not..

Guest dada_rocks
arey but aamir controversy started in gujarat because he spoke against modi about kisanz of India
He was crapping about Modi before that too over godhar post-godhara and was looking for some more isue to corner him that's why joined this narmama chorus and there he alienated large chunk of gujraati population.. fact is Modi has given enough compensation to people displaced.. handful of people were convinced by medha patekar that you can ask for more am get more that's how they started complaining and all this drama.. later onit was reported even those complainign ere more than happy with what they got....... point is on narmama issue it's not Modi it's whole gujraat against him and he learnt it pretty fast and kind of tried to diffuse it by saying I am not well infrmed on thsi issue.. point is why join the chorus when u don't know anythign about the issue ............. anyway my point is he is shouting Modi this Modi that Modi has never bothered to talk about him... Yes his film is being boycotted by gujrati janta not Mod

Guest dada_rocks
yes it has not been screened in gujarat since the chief of the multiplex owners association Mr Manubhai Patel is a crony of Babulal Bajrangi. Meanwhile i heard LK Advani on TV saying he was totally moved by this movie and that it was one of the best he had ever seen!
Babu Bajrangi is at loggerheads with Modi too..

Conducting subtle psy-ops upon Indian psyche through movies like Fanna and Chak de is a crime....Amirs of Fanna and actors like Shahrukh (fanatics from core and sekoolar from outrside) deserve all bashing. As far as TZP is concerned no leader has raised any objection. It's a good movie and Advani is on record appreciating it. So why so much hoo-haa about this now...if individual movie distributors/theatre assocaition in Gujarat do not want to screen it- it's their wish, why drag Modi in all these.....hain?? Aamir did a grave mistake by jumping in Narmada "fake" andolan with brainless, fame hungry, western award hungry activists like Medha Patkar. Majority of people in the area wanted Narmada dam to resolve long standing issue of draughts. It's a well planned decision of government on peoples demand. Amir just jumped in the bandwagon without analysing the facts....it seems those days being anti-Modi was a certificate of a "sekoolar", high-morale boosting, polished Indian, as projected by dhimmi media *sigh*

Guest dada_rocks
Conducting subtle psy-ops upon Indian psyche through movies like Fanna and Chak de is a crime....Amirs of Fanna and actors like Shahrukh (fanatics from core and sekoolar from outrside) deserve all bashing. As far as TZP is concerned no leader has raised any objection. It's a good movie and Advani is on record appreciating it. So why so much hoo-haa about this now...if individual movie distributors/theatre assocaition in Gujarat do not want to screen it- it's their wish, why drag Modi in all these.....hain?? Aamir did a grave mistake by jumping in Narmada "fake" andolan with brainless, fame hungry, western award hungry activists like Medha Patkar. Majority of people in the area wanted Narmada dam to resolve long standing issue of draughts. It's a well planned decision of government on peoples demand. Amir just jumped in the bandwagon without analysing the facts....it seems those days being anti-Modi was a certificate of a "sekoolar", high-morale boosting, polished Indian, as projected by dhimmi media *sigh*
Certain people are are licking wounds after Gujraat election and they will invent anythng to have a go at him.. Newsflash: Modi has a state to run and a national party to recharge .. he wud rather be busy stitching ties with jayalalitha than worry about which khan released what movie..

Guest dada_rocks

Yes there aren't any hindu extremists.. You can't just force people to watch movies or show movies if they don't want to....They have rights to peacefully boycott anything they want.. Last time I checked Aamri Khan's life was not danger and he fear not for some sniper taking him out because he is not liked in Gujraat.. This insistance of people that Gujratis must think like the rest and embrace Aamri Khan's movies is sheer arrogance.... Gujraatis have their grievance and won't like to watch his movies.. Heck even I don't watch his movies anymore although I know he makes good movies .. I don't watch because I don't like his politics and wud like my money not to go in helping his political cause.. May be Gujraati population and cinema-house owners also think like that....