Sandeep Sharma!!!

Ultimate_Game

Bhuvi keeps bowling 140+ balls? Let me know in which ODI he did that. Ditto for Bumrah. And next time you send a link, make sure it’s from a well-known website and not random people from Quora.

Bhuvi now keeps his range from 138k to 146k that by no means is trundling or dibbly dobblies or a medium

If someone like you doesn’t take me seriously, it’s not such a great loss to me. Chill, I won’t cry a river. 

And Cricinfo and Cricbuzz will know a little more than you I presume.

OK live in you're own lala land good night

1 minute ago, speedheat said:

Bhuvi now keeps his range from 138k to 146k that by no means is trundling or dibbly dobblies or a medium

ODIs, not IPL. Anyone can do better in T20s as they are bowling only 4. They’ll soon run out of steam in ODIs. Bhuvi will never be a 138-146 bowler in ODIs and neither does he need to. 

ODIs, not IPL. Anyone can do better in T20s as they are bowling only 4. They’ll soon run out of steam in ODIs. Bhuvi will never be a 138-146 bowler in ODIs and neither does he need to. 

4th test match vs aus was seen clocking 145k, also in england series he was brisk mostly 140+ and that's the fact not any crickinfo information

1 minute ago, speedheat said:

4th test match vs aus was seen clocking 145k, also in england series he was brisk mostly 140+ and that's the fact not any crickinfo information emoji106.png

We are talking about average speeds here, not one effort ball. A site like cricinfo will usually quote the facts. Show me next time Bhuvi being in the 138-146 range in an ODI.

3 hours ago, Magneto said:

I have been repeatedly talking about the ODI team and you are bringing Tests back again?

And the argument is about what can aid India and not whether someone can be an ATG.

You are forgetting your original statement to which I replied  : )

It was to the effect that most phaast bowlers coming out of India are failures.

I just showcased that that statement is not true.

Even if you consider ODIs.... the pacers I stated along with Agarkar ( who was a really sharp bowler ) have been our top ODI wicket takers ..... proving thereby that most pacy bowlers coming out of India are not failures.

Bumrah’s pace and Sandeep’s pace is not too different. Sandeep bowled a few 135+ today too and can go a bit more.

That is incorrect.

1)   Excluding slower balls, Bumrah bowls 135 k to 145 k in  LOIs and Sandeep bowls 127 k to 137 k. Huge difference.

2)  Bumrah is a "hit the deck seam bowler" who gets bounce and hurries batsmen visually and Sandeep is a floaty swing bowler. The bowling style and type are different and it is chalk and cheese.

But it was the slower ones that people find playing difficult. Cricket has changed now, and just by bowling 135-140 will not get you anything; someone who can hit the right lengths, bowls according to fields, bowls according to the batsman’s weakness, has brains and control can be as potent with a 133-135 km range than the mindless 140+ ones. 

Cricket has not changed in all the formats. A new format has been added which calls for different skillsets.

In T20s , pace is not important but pace variations and the ability to deceive  batsmen are more important.

In tests, pace is still very important and in ODIs , pace is still sufficiently important, along with variations.

Edited by express bowling

57 minutes ago, speedheat said:

No that was a good over with only 6 runs , but bigger story is he got clobbered by narine and Lyn on new ball which was his strength, also he got lucky that Lyn was runout emoji4.pngemoji106.png

So the bigger story isn't Sandeep helping his team winning the match but that he was hit for a couple of boundaries in a spell :hmmm: So maybe his spell of 4 overs for 31 runs bowling in the PP to Lynn & Narine, and at the death to Lynn, Woakes & Pathan is not good :dontknow: 

As for Sandeep being "lucky" at Lynn being run out, did you even watch the game or the 16th over where Sandeep did bowl to Lynn and he couldn't do much? Or is your blind hatred for a bowler so much just because he doesn't meet your weird subjective criteria which someone like Aaron does that you can't even see a match winning performance when you see one.

Last match getting Kohli, Gayle and ABDV wasn't good. Today restricting Kolkatta's hitters at the death by not conceding a single boundary at the death was "lucky" :giggle: What else? I guess India needs to play Sandeep ASAP coz we need such "lucky" bowlers who actually win their team a match :agree: 

16 minutes ago, Magneto said:

. A site like cricinfo will usually quote the facts. .

Cricinfo and Cricbuzz are often wrong in terms of classifying the bowlers by speeds.

Check Colin de Grandhomme and James Faulkner's profiles.

Both bowl 125 k to 137 k even in T20 games and yet that are termed fast-medium. 

I think the people classifying pace bowlers as a living for websites or working with telecasters, are the most inefficient people in the world.   :phehe:

So the bigger story isn't Sandeep helping his team winning the match but that he was hit for a couple of boundaries in a spell :hmmm: So maybe his spell of 4 overs for 31 runs bowling in the PP to Lynn & Narine, and at the death to Lynn, Woakes & Pathan is not good :dontknow: 

As for Sandeep being "lucky" at Lynn being run out, did you even watch the game or the 16th over where Sandeep did bowl to Lynn and he couldn't do much? Or is your blind hatred for a bowler so much just because he doesn't meet your weird subjective criteria which someone like Aaron does that you can't even see a match winning performance when you see one.

Last match getting Kohli, Gayle and ABDV wasn't good. Today restricting Kolkatta's hitters at the death by not conceding a single boundary at the death was "lucky" :giggle: What else? I guess India needs to play Sandeep ASAP coz we need such "lucky" bowlers who actually win their team a match :agree: 

I don't won't a hit or miss bowler who depends on luck swing etc. And so as selectors

We are talking about average speeds here, not one effort ball. A site like cricinfo will usually quote the facts. Show me next time Bhuvi being in the 138-146 range in an ODI.

Pace of the bowler shouldn't be judge on average speed as bowlers like bhuvi bowls a lot of slower balls which affects his average pace, if bhuvi can clock that speed range(138-145k) in a test match then why wouldn't be he in Odis??

Bhuvi has improved a lot since he got bashed by SA in that 438 odi, since then he realised the important of pace for success in international cricket and has increased by working hard on it you denying that fact is a different thing

19 minutes ago, speedheat said:

I don't won't a hit or miss bowler who depends on luck swing etc. And so as selectors

When the "lucky" bowlers consistently out-perform the much vaunted ones, I would rather have the lucky ones :agree: Bowling is about picking wkts and keeping the runs down, not speedguns but I'm sure your illogical hatred for Sandeep won;t allow you to see it :giggle: 

When the "lucky" bowlers consistently out-perform the much vaunted ones, I would rather have the lucky ones :agree: Bowling is about picking wkts and keeping the runs down, not speedguns but I'm sure your illogical hatred for Sandeep won;t allow you to see it :giggle: 

See if you wanna call my criticism of sandips limitations a hate then fair enough, but the fact is that he is far too limited for international selection, a bowler like mohit Sharma out performed him yesterday you know why ?? Because mohit depends on his variations and skills and not on conditions etc. He was exposed yesterday when there was no swing in offer, he was clobbered for 20 in 2, its just not the runs but the ease with which a batter like narine scored that against his harmless 125k bowling should be noticed on. Over all sandip haven't improved his skills he is the same u19 bowler who played in aus, its sad but its truth

Ipl batting line ups are pretty good. Better than international teams on average i think. Theirs no weak batting line ups like Banladesh sri lanka or pakistan in the ipl. A bowler that has success in ipl will have succes in t20i imo. But that doesnt mean he should be in the international team nessecarily. 

Selectors did a good job picking Bumrah who is doing great in international cricket despite not having great ipl numbers.

11 hours ago, Magneto said:

They want someone who will bowl at 145 and get smashed all around the park. And then they will say ‘But but even Akram was fast. That worked out. This should too’.

Akram actually gave more emphasis to swing than pace

6 hours ago, speedheat said:

See if you wanna call my criticism of sandips limitations a hate then fair enough, but the fact is that he is far too limited for international selection, a bowler like mohit Sharma out performed him yesterday you know why ?? Because mohit depends on his variations and skills and not on conditions etc. He was exposed yesterday when there was no swing in offer, he was clobbered for 20 in 2, its just not the runs but the ease with which a batter like narine scored that against his harmless 125k bowling should be noticed on. Over all sandip haven't improved his skills he is the same u19 bowler who played in aus, its sad but its truth

Did you even watch the game? He was entrusted to bowl the final over of the match and he gave away only 5 runs bowling some beautiful yorkers.

Did you even watch the game? He was entrusted to bowl the final over of the match and he gave away only 5 runs bowling some beautiful yorkers.

He was smashed for 20 runs off his first 2 overs because there was no swing in Offer, bowled a good 17 in which lyn faced hardly 2 balls of his but all the hard work was done by matt and mohit who bowled beautifully in 18 the and 19 the which gave sandip 19 runs to defend vs tailenders woakes and cdg. Also was lucky that Lyn got run out in time otherwise he would have picked the bones out of his harmless 125k yorkers, so next time come with some point at least instead asking some silly questions like "did you even watch game?? Etc

20 minutes ago, speedheat said:

He was smashed for 20 runs off his first 2 overs because there was no swing in Offer, bowled a good 17 in which lyn faced hardly 2 balls of his but all the hard work was done by matt and mohit who bowled beautifully in 18 the and 19 the which gave sandip 19 runs to defend vs tailenders woakes and cdg. Also was lucky that Lyn got run out in time otherwise he would have picked the bones out of his harmless 125k yorkers, so next time come with some point at least instead asking some silly questions like "did you even watch game?? Etc

Next time, pay more attention to the game going on rather than having your eyes glued to the speed gun. Defending any total in T20s is very difficult. All bowlers get smashed around. Your pace spearheads Umesh Yadav and Varun Aaron get smashed around much more than Sandeep Sharma or Bhuvneshwar Kumar. Watch the yorkers he bowled in the final over that gave nothing much away. 

First you guys said he cannot bowl death overs. Now, he bowls a top death over, so now you pick something else. Lets see if you can even answer some basic questions on performances that matter:

1. Rank these IPL bowlers in order of their overall IPL Economy Rate (from best to worst)

A. Bhuvneshwar Kumar

B. Umesh Yadav

C. Varun Aaron

D. Sandeep Sharma

2. Rank these IPL bowlers in order of their overall IPL Bowling Average (from best to worst)

A. Bhuvneshwar Kumar

B. Umesh Yadav

C. Varun Aaron

D. Sandeep Sharma