Happy Makar Shankranti to all!!

sandtest

Makar Shankranti ki hardik shubhkamnaaye !! In some parts of South India, I guess, it's Pongal. North India, UP etc. it's known as "Khichadi", since khichadi is the food eaten and offerred to Surya dev. In Mumbai-- it's Til-Gud. (in Marathi -- Godd, Godd khaa, Godd Godd bola -- meaning eat sweet and speak with sweetness) Vedic calender refers Sankranti day as the transition time when Sun enters the Makar Raasi (Zodiac sign Capricorn) signifying the beginning of Uttarayana (North direction movement) -- Punyakala. Also happy and safe Kite flying to all Patangbaajis:D

ever tried making Maanjha for kites..? i remember in calcutta..one person used to run cooked rice..sand..and some glass powder to make best maanjha... his threads could cut fingers tips..such sharp his maanjha used to be.. Delhi ka mujhe idea nahi hai..calcutta me Kite Flying "elite" games me nahi aata tha..:haha:... anyway...back to OP.... Lohadi ki bhi belated wishes...

Guest dada_rocks

Sankranti I thought always comes on 14th.. Happy Chura-dahi and Tilkul and Lai Belated happy kohri, this festival kicks a$$ of sankranti .. Long live those dusky gals shaking hips in late hours.. I miss Noida....:giggle: We bachelors were seldom invited to that all-female dance rituals but it was open dekho session for sure..