Bharat Ratna for Atal Bihari Vajpayee?

head coach

Bharat Ratna (translates to Jewel of India[1] or Gem of India[2] in English) is India's highest civilian award, awarded for the highest degrees of national service. This service includes artistic, literary, and scientific achievements, as well as "recognition of public service of the highest order." I believe Vajpayee is an ideal candidate. Just because of his 50 years of serving the nation as a public servant. Not because he is leader of BJP. What do you thnk?

Guest dada_rocks

Every tom dick hary wants it and why not .. In some sick way I am happy about the devaluation and denigration of this award..

Every tom dick hary wants it and why not .. In some sick way I am happy about the devaluation and denigration of this award..
You are correct about one aspect - you are sick :haha: Seriously though Bharat Ratna is India's greatest honour and it should be treated as such. I can see why you are possibly peeved(read politicization of the award) but surely it is better to get rid of that instead of the award itself! Unless you have given up on the fact that no way can we rid Indian system of political manoevuring.

Guest dada_rocks

See very fact that Rajeev gandhi got it.. the damage done to this award to me is beyond redemption. That was big joke played on this award... So further joke being played is more than welcome.. On serious note forgetting about damage to its value for a second: other than Vajpayee noone of these recent contenders deserve it. 50 long years of illustrious service to top it one of the most successful full-term and only non-congressg govt which triggered the big thinking putting making india conspicuous on world map, I guess is trong enough resume.. IF it must go to some industrialist then someone from TATA house wud be more worthy than Reliance house. Let us wait for 10-20 years then ratan tata might get this, in my view even today he is more deserving than Dhirubhai because it;s not all about profit. business houses have some societal responsibilities too and nobody delivers on that count better than TATA.

See very fact that Rajeev gandhi got it.. the damage done to this award to me is beyond redemption. That was big joke played on this award... So further joke being played is more than welcome.. On serious note forgetting about damage to its value for a second: other than Vajpayee noone of these recent contenders deserve it. 50 long years of illustrious service to top it one of the most successful full-term and only non-congressg govt which triggered the big thinking putting making india conspicuous on world map, I guess is trong enough resume.. IF it must go to some industrialist then someone from TATA house wud be more worthy than Reliance house. Let us wait for 10-20 years then ratan tata might get this, in my view even today he is more deserving than Dhirubhai because it;s not all about profit. business houses have some societal responsibilities too and nobody delivers on that count better than TATA.
You must be kidding. I agree that his long standing public service should be honored. But not his tenure as PM of India. He was a man of Flip flops while in office.

IF it must go to some industrialist then someone from TATA house wud be more worthy than Reliance house. Let us wait for 10-20 years then ratan tata might get this' date=' in my view even today he is more deserving than Dhirubhai because it;s not all about profit. business houses have some societal responsibilities too and nobody delivers on that count better than TATA.[/quote'] I will leave your Rajeev Gandhi rant since I know how that discussion shall pan out. You do make a good point about TATA though. I am one of TATAs biggest supporters and yes someone like Ratan Tata makes for a lot for exemplary candidate than say someone like Dheerubhai Ambani or the likes. JRD is also a pretty formidable candidate for Bharat Ratna.

Guest dada_rocks

Clearly u are trying to look for some inanities to put his tenure down but reality is he triggered big thinking, many things which were under realm of dream were achieved.. And to top it all showed that non-congressi alliance govt can run to its full-term..

Guest dada_rocks
I will leave your Rajeev Gandhi rant since I know how that discussion shall pan out. You do make a good point about TATA though. I am one of TATAs biggest supporters and yes someone like Ratan Tata makes for a lot for exemplary candidate than say someone like Dheerubhai Ambani or the likes. JRD is also a pretty formidable candidate for Bharat Ratna.
U do know that is unadulterated truth, unlike Modi he doesn;t even have any excuse that I did this or that. Rajeev Gandhi basically did nothing whicever way one looks at that's the fact unless there is congressi chashma in place ..Froma person who is so unequivocal about Modi I do find clean-chit to Rajeev gandhi little irrational and baffling. Anyway I know party loyalty makes people do weird things.. Tata all the way over Ambani anyday..

U do know that is unadulterated truth, unlike Modi he doesn;t even have any excuse that I did this or that. Rajeev Gandhi basically did nothing whicever way one looks at that's the fact unless there is congressi chashma in place ..Froma person who is so unequivocal about Modi I do find clean-chit to Rajeev gandhi little irrational and baffling. Anyway I know party loyalty makes people do weird things..
The reason why I mentioned you were doing a rant was quite simple - you would stop vomitting garbage even without asking me first. And so you did. I would say Rajeev Gandhi did not deserve Bharat Ratna, his was a political award but I am not sure why you can not make that as an argument and instead use your usual politiciking to defend Modi. :((
Tata all the way over Ambani anyday..
Indeed. :hatsoff:

Clearly u are trying to look for some inanities to put his tenure down but reality is he triggered big thinking' date= many things which were under realm of dream were achieved.. And to top it all showed that non-congressi alliance govt can run to its full-term..
Are you talking about the slogan India shining? If that is the case why didn't BJP come back to power with all the big thinking you harp here? The main architect behind India's steady growth is not Vajpayee or anyone in BJP. It is one man: Manmohan Singh. He became finance minister in 1991 when the country was plunging into bankruptcy. India had an unsustainable fiscal deficit - 8.5% of the GDP. Its foreign exchange reserves had sunk to around $1bn, roughly equal to two weeks of imports. In his maiden speech as finance minister he famously quoted Victor Hugo - "No power on earth can stop an idea whose time has come". That served as the launch for an ambitious and unprecedented economic reform programme in India that was firmly supported by the then Congress party Prime Minister PV Narasimha Rao. So I dont know what you are taking about big thinking. The above quotes of ManMohan Singh and the actions followed is what you call Big Thinking!

Guest dada_rocks

Indian politics is complex buddy developmental agenda seldom works.. Initial results for a bankrupt country taking to liberalization was as certain as day and night. PVN RAO first term stagnated pretty fast the trigger for enormous level came under NDA so much so that it litrally has funded the Indira-Gandhi style public expenditure without any result in form NREGA. I would say begging bowl which we were reduced to was what drove that statement. It was clearly the case of making voirtue out of predicament. Anyway betetr late than never..

:angry_smile:

REad this lurker Mian. My murder is better than yours.. These individuals I call honest at least they are honest in their judgement unlike you... http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Opinion/Columnists/Swaminathan_A_Aiyar/Swaminomics/My_murders_are_better_than_yours/articleshow/2677642.cms
Phir wahi miyaan ki daud masjid tak?? Issiliye kahta hoon ke rant band rakho. The best argument against Rajeev Gandhi and Bharat Ratna is that Rajeev Gandhi was NOT deserving of it. End of story. Ab iske liye murder-mass-murder-Modi-is-not-murderer kyun machaaye huye ho? Maane ke jabtak gandh nahin machao tumko man nahin lagta hai kyun?

Guest dada_rocks

That's the most prominent reaosn why he is not deserving, anyway.. One can somehow digest other things and make a case for it although there is hardly any achievement ..

It is not just about corrupt, murderer Rajiv Gandhi being honored with Bharat Ratna by Congressis. The most disgusting thing is that the greatest leader of India till date -- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel was given this honor after a lot of delays by these Congressy dyansty loving b@$tards. They somehow honored Sardar Patel after Rajiv Gandhi -- go figure!:((

Guest dada_rocks

Sardar patel's name they didn;t find worthy of mention in list of independence leader luminaries on the eve of year of celebration for 1857 sepoy mutiny. I guess Nehru's progenies are stil sore over the unaninmous support CWC gave in favour of Sardar Patel at the time of independence.. Needless to mention Nehru got unanimous danda