Blunderz u did in your life till date

Cricketics

..you flew down somewhere? and there was no ticket available and you paid full price?
There was that and more. She was quite close to me and I knew a few things that would cheer her up no matter what. Unfortunately for me I could get those from India only so had to go to India first then England..all at full price. 5000 $ may not mean a lot of money but at the time it was all I had with me. I mean I started at 1500 $ a month so 5000 $ was like a years worth saving really. Looking back I can vouch that it didnt cross my mind that when I would get back I would actually be bankrupt. An odd thing that strikes me now is all things being equal would I do all the same thing today? Maybe yes maybe not. Maturity kills that innocence. I would think probably you would also do a few things differently.

There was that and more. She was quite close to me and I knew a few things that would cheer her up no matter what. Unfortunately for me I could get those from India only so had to go to India first then England..all at full price. 5000 $ may not mean a lot of money but at the time it was all I had with me. I mean I started at 1500 $ a month so 5000 $ was like a years worth saving really. Looking back I can vouch that it didnt cross my mind that when I would get back I would actually be bankrupt. An odd thing that strikes me now is all things being equal would I do all the same thing today? Maybe yes maybe not. Maturity kills that innocence. I would think probably you would also do a few things differently.
Was it worth it? If yes, then you shouldnt regret it....

Was it worth it? If yes' date=' then you shouldnt regret it....[/quote'] Regret? Not at all. Those stories, and her face when I gave her the hug, would be the kind of things that crosses one's mind before you close your eyes one last time. What do you think will cross my mind otherwise Holy? That I should have worked extra hard on that Friday 5 pm at work. A little titbit here(not that you asked for). My father once told me - Make memories not money. It has always stayed with me.
likewise, I can't believe those years but its all maturity and its goin up up and up..hold it
Hahaha..I suppose I am still not there. I mean a pet peeve of me these days is to invited friend/couples over dinner and cook them gamut of dishes, only to be invited next and served cr@p. Maybe I should quote that as a blunder. xx

My karate career ended in just one kick. It was in my 7th standard that I joined Karate classes and after 6 months, got the usual up-gradation to yellow belt. At that point, they started organizing these tournaments where one student "fights" the other with a series of kicks, punches and defenses. That was my first fight, my opponent was younger than me, smaller than me. So I thought - " Whats the big deal !". Little did i know that fate would have it otherwise for me. God knows what that boy was thinking, but the moment the fight began, he just rushed forward a landed a solid kick right in my ba!!s. I fell in a heap to the ground. When i reached home and mom asked me the reason for my discomfort, and i duly went on to tell her how i got whacked in my nuts, she went hysterical and declared - " No more Karate class for you ! " :D

^^ lol..I have somehow never learned/trained karate. I am not sure if I regret it or not but maybe it is one of the reasons why I have never been a fan of Mixed Martial Arts' date=' UFC and all those rage these days.[/quote'] While I was at it, I loved it to bits. I liked the work, the regimen, the sweat and the hard-work. Too bad, that kid put a full stop to all my dreams ! However, there is something to be learnt from that incident. In a battle, even if your enemy is bigger than you, if you know his "soft " spots, you can still " floor" him. :D

Regret? Not at all. Those stories, and her face when I gave her the hug, would be the kind of things that crosses one's mind before you close your eyes one last time. What do you think will cross my mind otherwise Holy? That I should have worked extra hard on that Friday 5 pm at work. A little titbit here(not that you asked for). My father once told me - Make memories not money. It has always stayed with me. xx
Well said ! Reminds of Hindi movie Yaadein . The movie was crap but liked the title song particularly this line - "Ye Jeevan Dil Jaane, Dariya ka hai Paani , Paani to beh jaaye , baaki kya reh jayee , Yaadein Yaadein Yaadein "

Well said ! Reminds of Hindi movie Yaadein . The movie was crap but liked the title song particularly this line - "Ye Jeevan Dil Jaane, Dariya ka hai Paani , Paani to beh jaaye , baaki kya reh jayee , Yaadein Yaadein Yaadein "
Reminds me of a Ben Affleck dialog from the movie Paycheck. When one of his buddies ask him why he works for secretive projects for lots of comanies after which that company erase his memories of his entire project duration to maintain confidentiality, Affleck replies something along the lines of " Whats the big deal ? After all, life is just a collection of memory highlights. You dont remember everyday that you lived, do you ? "

Lurker your $5k trip reminded me of a girl friend who travelled across countries to pay a surprise visit and it was the best surprise of my life. She helped me a lot with money and most importantly sorted me out as a person. I ended up marrying her :DWhen we got married we had -$2000 in the bank plus I had $16k student loan hanging around my neck. Now I am swimming in money and living a happy married life. A good marriage can make you and a bad marriage can break you. P.S- I know everyone says that people should get married only when they have a stable base, lot of money in the bank, house etc etc. I don't buy that argument. Any bee would be happy near a pollen laden flower.... it's how a bee acts near a bare flower is what shows it's true colour :hysterical:

P.S- I know everyone says that people should get married only when they have a stable base, lot of money in the bank, house etc etc. I don't buy that argument. Any bee would be happy near a pollen laden flower.... it's how a bee acts near a bare flower is what shows it's true colour :hysterical:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: I guess my wife believed in that theory. Actually what you said is true and in more than one way. It also helps to "Fix" the bank balance if 2 pepople work hard at it. It’s a lot easier to plan and there is always someone keeping an eye when the hubby gets a little excited and wants to buy useless stuff like Wii , a bigger TV etc etc

Good on you GKD. She sounds like an amazing woman. About your comment on money, I do concur. Money doesnt get you happiness. Most of us have had their happiest moment(in college etc) when they had little money. What I would also say though is for a good relationship age matters, atleast to me. The right time to get hitched up(for men) is 30 give or take a couple. I say so since by the time you are 30 you know what you want, and trust me you are different than what you were at 20 or 25 even. xxx

The right time to get hitched up(for men) is 30 give or take a couple. I say so since by the time you are 30 you know what you want, and trust me you are different than what you were at 20 or 25 even. xxx
I would agree. Also depends on your experience. A 30 year old virgin with no real life experience ( lives off and with mama papa) would be useless compared to a 26 year old independent guy with tons of experience :D The other thing to keep in mind is that after 30 people get set in their ways and become less flexible. Entering a serious relationship when you are set in stone can spell disaster for a relationship. I would say 26-32 is ideal age for marriage.