Feelings before and during the last day of Perth test.

fineleg

Gilchrist and Walking I'm sorry, this guy is just a walking talking publicity stunt. No doubt that Gilly is a gentlemen (sometimes) and often applauds an oppistion player on the field, but all the praise he gets for being a 'fair' player is messed. If you want to walk man, just start walking. Don't wait for the umpire to rule you not out and try to make a point out of it. For example his dismissal againt Lanka in WC 2003 semis. He was given not out, and THEN walked. He's also done it numerous times before, and yet he tried to impose his beliefs on McMillan! McMillan rightly gave him a verbal pasting that Gilchrist will remember all his life.

Gilchrist's diary of the World Cup soon after was called 'Walking to Victory', with the expected picture on the cover - helmet coming off, bat under arm and head raised to the heavens in a saintly gaze. The moment I saw that in an Angus & Robertson in Sydney and saw the way he was cashing in on it, I lost a lot of respect for the move.

Aus has to put together 3 huge stands to win' date=' and that is never going to be possible. India on the other hand just need 2 good balls in the first session to settle the issue. [b']If chasing 400+ was so easy for this Aus team how come 400+ has just been achieved by them only ONCE and that too by Don Bradman's best ever Aussie side , 60 years back ? And dont forget Australia has got the opportunity to chase 400+ about a dozen times last 5 years and have never done it. Odds are realistically 95% on India winning. I am willing to bet $ 40,000 ICF on an Indian win, any takers ?
That's simply because they haven't had to chase big scores before, chasing down 150-200 with the loss of just 1 or 2 wickets in the 4th innings is impressive enough. Too bad they don't have Warnie/McGrath anymore :yay:

I think it was Mark Nicholas who was saying yesterday that there have been no bad excessive appealing in this match. Yeah right!!! The way they were appealing for everything against SRT in the first innings was pathetic and that forced a blunder from Rauf. BTW St. Gilly was leading those excessive atrocious appealing. The cheaters were almost crying when Rauf didn't give SRT out for catch from elbow.