Trivia :

Guest BossBhai

Not quite so straightforward, observer. I bet all teams who have had good spinners will have better records of not losing after taking a 100+ run first innings lead. Challenge for teams with a spin heavy attack is to get that lead. Once they have it spinners can get going in the second innings. I don't think it's just numbers, behind numbers there is also cricketing logic.

Not quite so straightforward' date=' observer. I bet all teams who have had good spinners will have better records of not losing after taking a 100+ run first innings lead. Challenge for teams with a spin heavy attack is to get that lead. Once they have it spinners can get going in the second innings. I don't think it's just numbers, behind numbers there is also cricketing logic.[/quote'] logic = maths=cold numbers herr professor. you tellin me that 3 quicks and a spinner cant do as well as well as 1 quickie and 3 spinners if you have a 100 run lead? it is the quality of the bowlers and not whether they spin or bowl fast.
logic = maths=cold numbers herr professor. you tellin me that 3 quicks and a spinner cant do as well as well as 1 quickie and 3 spinners if you have a 100 run lead? it is the quality of the bowlers and not whether they spin or bowl fast.
Yes, chances of pulling it off once you have established a big first innings lead increase if you have quality spinners because 4th and 5th day are wonderful times for them to be bowling in general, more so with the cushion of a big lead.