Why does Ganguly bat over VVS. Give me three legitimate reasons

Rohan495

If people here are naive enough to attribute batting order postions of players to their political support, then there is nothing really left to say. Fact of the matter is, Laxman has been batting at no.6 for quite a while now. Is it his best number to come in, we dont know but terms like " Pawar power" or "Buddhadheb boy" has got nothing to do with it.

If people here are naive enough to attribute batting order postions of players to their political support, then there is nothing really left to say. Fact of the matter is, Laxman has been batting at no.6 for quite a while now. Is it his best number to come in, we dont know but terms like " Pawar power" or "Buddhadheb boy" has got nothing to do with it.
Please let them, after all they are not blind worshippers, rather too intelligent to think

On his current form, he should get the #3 spot in the test line up. In my opinion, the batsmen in best form should come higher up in the pecking order (which means Jaffar should fight for a spot with Ishant:cantstop: ) Dravid is a bit off color lately and can get bogged down sometimes handing the initiative to the opposition if Veeru isnt at the crease. The rest can bat wherever they want in the middle order.

its cus of the left-right combi thingy... otherwise it would be like 4 str8 right handers...he cant bat at 4 cus god is there.. dravid has #3 sealed up..and vvs dosent open.. he is a clutch player, like i said yesterday... i knew he would score atleast a 50..def. underrated.. and yes, his odi career is over..

After one good series in SA , Ganguly was moved up the batting order ahead of Laxman who himself had a decent test series , wherein he won us the first test match with a brilliant 72. So, agree with OP. But , would like to add that VVS should be batting at No 3 . Clearly he is a better batsmen than Dravid based on present form and the results of the last few series starting with SA one.

1. Ganguly has, in the past shown great partnerships with Tendulkar and Dravid and so it would be sensible to maximise this potential. 2. Laxman has a greater average at 6 (2157 runs @ 47.93) than at 5 (919 @ 43.76). 3. Laxman has shown himself more adept at shepherding the tail.