Why does Virat Kohli go out of his way to praise Pakistan and Pakistani players?

1 hour ago, Ellipsism said:

Help me out here, what is the difference between a North Indian and a Pakistani Punjabi? 

North India is a big region compromising of Kahmiri, Punjabi, Haryanvi and UP etc.

Kohli is a punjabi North Indian from Delhi. His maternal and paternal grandparents (definitely paternal) are most likely from pindi or jehlum region of pakistan. Being Kohli most likely Pindi.

To set the record staright fact that he is born and raised in Delhi his grandparents were ethnically cleansed and kicked out from Pakistan and settled as refugee in Delhi in 1946/1947. Thanks to government of India they helped all the refugees and settled most of them in Delhi. If he was taught little bit of history properly maybe he will backoff from some of the praise he lavishes

1 hour ago, Ellipsism said:

You’d be surprised to know that the average IQ in both nations is about the same, best not to take what your grandmother tells you to help you sleep better at night as gospel.

Help me out here, what is the difference between a North Indian and a Pakistani Punjabi? 

Well if you want a serious discussion then there's hardly any difference.

But over the years I have heard from your own people that they have nothing in common with Indians. So just following that logic.

6 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Well if you want a serious discussion then there's hardly any difference.

But over the years I have heard from your own people that they have nothing in common with Indians. So just following that logic.

It is so typical of pakistani. They have so much in common with Punjabi and Sindhi north Indians but due to Islamization of the country a Pakistani friend of mine with a common north Indian name told me that he came to India with the Mughals. Seriously? Mughals were Uzbeks who were closer to Mongoloids than us. Delusion at its finest.

8 minutes ago, Khota said:

It is so typical of pakistani. They have so much in common with Punjabi and Sindhi north Indians but due to Islamization of the country a Pakistani friend of mine with a common north Indian name told me that he came to India with the Mughals. Seriously? Mughals were Uzbeks who were closer to Mongoloids than us. Delusion at its finest.

Almost all the Pakistanis I have came across online claim descent from either Arabs or Turks. You would think as if no local Muslims ever converted.

What's even more hilarious is them proudly claiming themselves as Jatts/Gujjars/Rajputs and then go on to tell about their supposed Syyaid ancestry.

Mazak samjh rakha h kya lol.

3 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Almost all the Pakistanis I have came across online claim descent from either Arabs or Turks. You would think as if no local Muslims ever converted.

What's even more hilarious is them proudly claiming themselves as Jatts/Gujjars/Rajputs and then go on to tell about their supposed Syyaid ancestry.

This problem started in that country in the late 70's when Zia ul haq took over and started radicalization. From a thriving country with per capita income higher than India in 70's to one of the poorest countries now. As said elegantly by Kabir: "Boye ped babul ka, so amua kaha se paaye "

9 hours ago, Stradlater said:

There are quite a few Pakistanis, particularly Syed’s and Pathans, that have Turkish ancestory. I don’t think anyone in Pakistan has any Arab in them, the people that harp this rubbish simply have an inferiority complex. 

14 minutes ago, Ellipsism said:

There are quite a few Pakistanis, particularly Syed’s and Pathans, that have Turkish ancestory. I don’t think anyone in Pakistan has any Arab in them, the people that harp this rubbish simply have an inferiority complex. 

Well that's what most claim. At least on internet. I ask you what is wrong with identifying yourself as the son of the soil? Be proud of your Punjabi identity man.

39 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Well that's what most claim. At least on internet. I ask you what is wrong with identifying yourself as the son of the soil? Be proud of your Punjabi identity man.

Most people happily admit to their Indian ancestory, there’s only a couple who turn to the usual Arab ancestry drivil.

Personally, my father is a Niazi from Gujranwala (Pashtuns that settled in Punjab long ago) and my mother is an ethnic Pashtun from Peshawar. And even with most of my family ties originating back to Afghanistan I’ll happily admit that I have a long line of Indian ancestry.

On 4/5/2018 at 8:36 PM, Moochad said:

he is more concerned with marketing and building his brand nowadays. 

He said what any sane person who is going to be quoted would have said. I understand few expected him to say BC/MC Afridi, Bhag B.. Kashmir is ours followed by more BC MC. IMO he said the right things. Recently Rohit waved SL flag which was acceptable, just because its pak doesnt mean mine or anyones patriotism level increases .