Hindi is Our National Language, Important to Learn it: Venkaiah Naidu

Rohit S. Ambani

3 hours ago, zen said:

Of course they are .... but Hindi can be considered as first among equals as it is relatively the most understood native language, it is used by the union govt and central agencies, etc.  Country's national anthem is in Hindi as well 

nope they are all equal hindi is not special sorry

6 minutes ago, Vilander said:

nope they are all equal hindi is not special sorry

Why is the national anthem in Hindi? Why do armed forces have their logo in Hindi? Why is it an official central govt language, along with Eng? ....

19 minutes ago, zen said:

Why is the national anthem in Hindi? Why do armed forces have their logo in Hindi? Why is it an official central govt language, along with Eng? ....

there are many scheduled official languages infact 22 of them, any one of them may be used along with English based on local usage. 

Hindi is not the national language.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/Hindi-not-a-national-language-Court/article16839525.ece

The only special consideration accorded to any language is distinction of classical language to Sanskrit,Tamil,Kannada,Telugu,Malayalam,Odia which is of no practical significance in usage. 

its a legality man can not be just wished away, India is a federal union 60% of the population does not mention Hindi as their first language and 47% do not speak it..Hindi is the most widely spoken language but not national language, if the nation in question is Indian union.

Edited by Vilander

1 minute ago, Vilander said:

there are many scheduled official languages infact 22 of them, any one of them may be used along with English based on local usage. 

Hindi is not the national language.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/Hindi-not-a-national-language-Court/article16839525.ece

The only special consideration accorded to any language is distinction of classical language to Sanskrit,Tamil,Kannada,Telugu,Malayalam,Odia which is of no practical significance in usage. 

its a legality man can not be just wished away, India is a federal union 60% of the population does not mention Hindi as their first language and 47% do not speak it..Hindi is the most widely spoken language but not national language, if the nation in question is Indian union.

Your arguments would have merits if ppl mentioned Eng, which you promoting, as the first language. And if Eng was as widely understood as Hindi in Ind. Hindi is more likely to be 2nd or 3rd language for many 

If you look at TV viewership, Hindi TV channels would have the largest number. In cricket, Ind has both Eng and Hindi commentary. If ppl undersood Eng widely, you would not need Hindi commentary option

Bharat's national anthem is in Hindi too. If ppl got over their prejudices, which even forces them to accept a foreign lang, Hindi would apprear as an optimal option for linga franca! 

24 minutes ago, zen said:

Your arguments would have merits if ppl mentioned Eng, which you promoting, as the first language. And if Eng was as widely understood as Hindi in Ind. Hindi is more likely to be 2nd or 3rd language for many 

If you look at TV viewership, Hindi TV channels would have the largest number. In cricket, Ind has both Eng and Hindi commentary. If ppl undersood Eng widely, you would not need Hindi commentary option

Bharat's national anthem is in Hindi too. If ppl got over their prejudices, which even forces them to accept a foreign lang, Hindi would apprear as an optimal option for linga franca! 

I am quoting law and high court ruling. You are giving anecdotes  on TV viewership and telling me that I am arguing..lol. 

18 minutes ago, Vilander said:

I am quoting law and high court ruling. You are giving anecdotes  on TV viewership and telling me that I am arguing..lol. 

What you are saying is that Hindi is not a national language. But what you ignored is that there are only two official central govt languages - Hindi and English:

The Constitution of India designates the official language of the Government of India as Hindi written in the Devanagari script, as well as English.[2] There is no national language as declared by the Constitution of India.[3] Hindi and English are used for official purposes such as parliamentary proceedings, judiciary, communications between the Central Government and a State Government.[2] States within India have the liberty and powers to specify their own official language(s) through legislation and therefore there are 22 officially recognized languages in India. 

(Wiki)

So if center wants to promote Hindi more as its official language, it can. It is not asking state govt to change state languages to Hindi. Ind recoginises 22 languages which can be used as state languages

If you had paid attention to above, despite me suggesting many times, it would have saved you time from making unnecessary posts 

Because of the above, along with the fact that Hindi is the most widely understood native language, I prefer it to be promoted over an import such as Eng, which can even be discarded by the central govt if required. And because of its popularity, Hindi is an optimal choice for linga franca too within Ind 

Edited by zen

5 minutes ago, zen said:

What you are saying is that Hindi is not a national language. But what you ignored is that there are only two official central govt languages - Hindi and English:

The Constitution of India designates the official language of the Government of India as Hindi written in the Devanagari script, as well as English.[2] There is no national language as declared by the Constitution of India.[3] Hindi and English are used for official purposes such as parliamentary proceedings, judiciary, communications between the Central Government and a State Government.[2] States within India have the liberty and powers to specify their own official language(s) through legislation and therefore there are 22 officially recognized languages in India. 

(Wiki)

So if center wants to promote Hindi more as its official language, it can. It is not asking state govt to change state languages to Hindi. Ind recoginises 22 languages which can be used as state languages 

If you had paid attention to above, despite me suggesting many times, it would have saved you time from making unnecessary posts 

Because of the above, along with the fact that Hindi is the most widely understood native language, I prefer it to be promoted over an import such as Eng, which can even be discarded by the central govt if required. And because of its popularity, Hindi is an optimal choice for linga franca too within Ind 

Not the entire story. You keep missing crucial points conviniently . Read article 343 in full and constituant discourse sorrounding it. English is an additional official language as long as non Hindi speaking population wants it to be. And the only law in consituation is the scheduled languages in languages act which was upheld by guj hc. The current status quo is that of Hindi being one of the scheduled languages meaning it's an a official  language and historically only candidate for official  language of union which did not materialize and won't till the non Hindi speaking population  wants. Educating you is not my job but you can not spread misinformation.

29 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Not the entire story. You keep missing crucial points conviniently . Read article 343 in full and constituant discourse sorrounding it. English is an additional official language as long as non Hindi speaking population wants it to be. And the only law in consituation is the scheduled languages in languages act which was upheld by guj hc. The current status quo is that of Hindi being one of the scheduled languages meaning it's an a official  language and historically only candidate for official  language of union which did not materialize and won't till the non Hindi speaking population  wants. Educating you is not my job but you can not spread misinformation.

Again, this is what Guj HC says and is similar to what I wrote in my last post:

"The court in its order said Part XVII of the Constitution deals with Official Language. Under Article 343, official language of the Union has been prescribed, which includes Hindi in Devanagari script and English."

I care about what is good for Ind as a whole. If I want to be focused on what is good for states, I would focus on Guj, which would probably do better economically as an independent country, a la Switzerland

So what some states in South want is not important to me vs  what is better for Ind as a whole. As I said, If I started to think like many in South, I would think about Gujarat not some random state somewhere. I m promoting Hindi over Gujarati as Hindi is a more suitable option for reasons discussed. So let's not force others to think about their states too by bringing in South, which is just another part of Ind 

Edited by zen

2 minutes ago, zen said:

Again, this is what Guj HC says and is similar to what I wrote in my last post:

"The court in its order said Part XVII of the Constitution deals with Official Language. Under Article 343, official language of the Union has been prescribed, which includes Hindi in Devanagari script and English."

Below is my last post:

"What you are saying is that Hindi is not a national language. But what you ignored is that there are only two official central govt languages - Hindi and English:

(Wiki)

Because of the above, along with the fact that Hindi is the most widely understood native language, I prefer it to be promoted over an import such as Eng, which can even be discarded by the central govt if required. And because of its popularity, Hindi is an optimal choice for linga franca too" 

I care about what is good for Ind as a whole and what is good for it. If I want to be focused on what is good for states, I would focus on Guj, which would probably do better economically as an independent country, a la Switzerland

So what South wants is not important to me vs  what is imp is what is good for Ind as a whole. As I said, If I started to think like many in South, I would think about Gujarat not some random state somewhere. So let's not force others to think about their states by bringing in South 

lol yes it includes Hindi and 21 other official languages and English as an additional official language to accompany Hindi on all states where is not spoken. bah..i loose patience with you.

it does not matter what is important to you, you are not relevant are you even an Indian citizen lol even if you are one individual not the nation. What is important is Indian constitution and Indian law buddy.

2 hours ago, zen said:

It has a choice to use either of the two as both are official union govt languages. As discussed earlier, Eng usage in govt is due to the British rule. The idea is to use Hindi more or even discard Eng (reasons for it are outlined in a number of posts)

Iirc, i posted logo of Ind Air Force (Bharatiya Vayu Sena) too. I skimned through the thread and recall something about you going to "Kendariya Vidhalaya", so that should answer your question rather than repeating them again and again

I have read your posts where you try to attack the govt by hook or crook. You may have reasons for that but there is no point in doing that for the sake of doing it by making fringe arguments 

Attack the government on things they fool you with. Like Naidu is making a fool out of you now. English it will be. Naidu and you can talk in Hindi

5 minutes ago, Vilander said:

lol yes it includes Hindi and 21 other official languages and English as an additional official language to accompany Hindi on all states where is not spoken. bah..i loose patience with you.

it does not matter what is important to you, you are not relevant are you even an Indian citizen lol even if you are one individual not the nation. What is important is Indian constitution and Indian law buddy.

Ind constitution lists Hindi as an official lang and center can promote it if wishes even in states where Hindi is not used .... Common sense would suggest that there would be no need promote Hindi if it were already in use and promoting a language is not forcing it

The point above is made with the assumption that it is understood that Ind has 22 official languages, Hindi is not a national lang, and both Hindi and Eng are official central govt languages

By unnecessarily quoting Guj HC and things such as Eng can be used where Hindi is not used, you are missing the point that this is about promoting Hindi (reasons highlighted). It is about changing the status quo for the benefit of Ind

What surprises me is that under the whip of British, some states can accept Eng and start speaking it. But oppose Hindi, which is spoken by far too many fellow Indians and promoted with love. May be whip is the lang some states understand! 

3 minutes ago, zen said:

Ind constitution lists Hindi as an official lang and center can promote it if wishes even in states where Hindi is not used .... Common sense would suggest that there would be no need promote Hindi if it were already in use and promoting a language is not forcing it

The point above is made with the assumption that it is understood that Ind has 22 official languages, Hindi is not a national lang, and both Hindi and Eng are official central govt languages

By unnecessarily quoting Guj HC and things such as Eng can be used where Hindi is not used, you are missing the point that this is about promoting Hindi (reasons highlighted). It is about changing the status quo for the benefit of Ind

What surprises me is that under the whip of British, some states can accept Eng and start speaking it. But oppose Hindi, which is spoken by far too many fellow Indians and promoted with love. May be whip is the lang some states understand! 

lol who the f do you think you are to use a whip ?. what are you proposing here. hehe how would you use a whip..you say you are gujju right how exactly will you use a whip on other states ??

11 minutes ago, Vilander said:

lol who the f do you think you are to use a whip ?. what are you proposing here. hehe how would you use a whip..you say you are gujju right how exactly will you use a whip on other states ??

10 minutes ago, Vilander said:

@zen how will you use a whip on guj HC dude, and how on indian constitution which proscribes any national but l22 official languages. give your wisdom pls.

I thought I made it clear that the point is made after considering the status quo including Guj HC's verdict, which is similar to what the constitution says 

I would want the govt to use the whip on states that don't fall in line

As I said if I have to think about individual states and languages, I would focus on Guj, not some random states. If I m not thinking about my own state and first lang, but what could be better for Ind 

Edited by zen

1 minute ago, zen said:

I thought I made the point is made after considering the status quo including Guj HC's verdict, which is similar to what the constitution says 

I would want the govt to use the whip on states that don't fall in line

As I said if I have to think about individual states and languages, I would focusvon Guj, not some random states. If I m not thinking about my own state and first lang, I m putting what is better of whole Ind first 

Dont fall in line with what ? and what whip boss. No central govt can do any **** like that when there is 60% of non hindi population in the country.

BTW language is a personal choice, in a federal setup it is of least significance. You cant even get Kashmiries to accept India as their nation and a single constitution/national flag and here we are talking about using 'whip' on states that dont adopt Hindi as their official language lol..talk about misplaced priorities, dumb *s in current indian right wing :giggle:

@zen

define your whip buddy is it like the raunchy types thats more pleasurable or more sturdy one...whats your choice.

20 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Dont fall in line with what ? and what whip boss. No central govt can do any **** like that when there is 60% of non hindi population in the country.

They should. Sub con has a history of fighting among themselves for region, religion, lang, etc. Foreign powers with whip have controlled and forced them to unite

Without, the whip, the region is fighting again. Whether it is Pak vs Ind or internally within respective countries

Why do you think some states that oppose Hindi, gladly accepted Eng? Whip

16 minutes ago, Vilander said:

BTW language is a personal choice, in a federal setup it is of least significance. You cant even get Kashmiries to accept India as their nation and a single constitution/national flag and here we are talking about using 'whip' on states that dont adopt Hindi as their official language lol..talk about misplaced priorities, dumb *s in current indian right wing :giggle:

@zen

define your whip buddy is it like the raunchy types thats more pleasurable or more sturdy one...whats your choice.

As mentioned above, absense of whip has played a part in spoiling Kashmiris. Suitable whip would put Kashmiris in line too

I would recommend various whips depending upon the situation. It can even be escalated to unimaginable levels

Edited by zen

1 minute ago, zen said:

They should. Sub con has a history of fighting among themselves for region, religion, and lang. Foreign powers with whip have controlled and united them

Without, the whip, the region is fighting again. Whether it is Pak vs Ind or internally within respective countries

Why do you think some states that oppose Hindi, gladly accepted Eng?

As mentioned above, absense of whip has spoiled Kashmiris. Suitable whip would put Kashmiris in line too

I would recommend various whips depending upon the situation. It can even be escalated to Chinese levels in Tibet for e.g. 

oh now your propose oppressive regime suppression of human rights, government against population etc. dude you appear not just a narcissist but an anarchist, borderline case of restraining for public safety, i dont think you will get anywhere near recommending wips outside of a domination night club.

2 minutes ago, Vilander said:

oh now your propose oppressive regime suppression of human rights, government against population etc. dude you appear not just a narcissist but an anarchist, borderline case of restraining for public safety, i dont think you will get anywhere near recommending wips outside of a domination night club.

I dont recomnend it. But would if required 

Good that I got your attention as the anti christ. The whip is already working 

3 minutes ago, zen said:

I dont recomnend it. But would if required 

Good that I got your attention as the anti christ. The whip is already working 

lol anti christ..whats that ? when did i call you that. You are that too ??

float your boat as much as you want , most of death row inmates think they are innocent by the way. Food for thought. Imagery whips and all, that you claim to use over internet forums, you have some issues man check those out, for your families safety.