Kind of Sad...

It is unfortunate that we couldnt actually either draw or win at Sydney and the series is already out of our hands, but make no mistake, irrespective of the result at Adelaide, India will emerge the winner in front of the world's eyes. We rightfully complained that umpiring cost us the match at Sydney and moving on to Perth, had we not performed well, the whole world would have mocked at us for being fussy. Now, we stand vindicated. We can bravely say " The series may read 1-2, but we all of us that isnt a true reflection of talents and abilities of the teams" and the everyone will nod in agreement. By beating Aus in its own bastion, we have done ourselves proud, we have shown what we are capable of us. Some times, the end result is totally irrelevant. What matter is the signal we send across ! Irrespective of the final outcome of the series, I am sure India will emerge the winner for a variety of reasons. -- The whole world's sympathy will be with them for getting the rough end of umpiring at Sydney. -- Ricky Ponting didnt do any favors to himself by complaining about Bhajji. People who have played the game at the international level went " Hang on a minute, If we were to have complained to the match refree about everything Aus told to us when we were on the field, most of the Aussie players would be serving suspensions well into their retirement" -- We clearly wrong-footed Aus by withdrawing our complaint against Hogg. -- Finally, we beat them when no one gave us an effin chance. India, the winna ! :isalute:

Irrespective of the final outcome of the series' date=' I am sure India will emerge the winner for a variety of reasons.[/quote'] Yeah, moral victories are lovely and sweet and give that warm feeling for a few seconds, but what about the scoreboard - which lasts longer? Take The Oval in 1979 - the scorecard calls it a draw, India 8 down for 429 chasing that mammoth 438. How many view it as a fine performance almost 30 years on - a draw in that stiff run chase abroad - and how many view it as a moral victory? And how many others cringe with agony each time that match is brought up, thinking "Sh*t. THAT was robbery. This Sydney thing is NOTHING.", while remembering that as a win denied by some of the most disgusting farce ever seen on a cricket field?
Yeah, moral victories are lovely and sweet and give that warm feeling for a few seconds, but what about the scoreboard - which lasts longer? Take The Oval in 1979 - the scorecard calls it a draw, India 8 down for 429 chasing that mammoth 438. How many view it as a fine performance almost 30 years on - a draw in that stiff run chase abroad - and how many view it as a moral victory? And how many others cringe with agony each time that match is brought up, thinking "Sh*t. THAT was robbery. This Sydney thing is NOTHING.", while remembering that as a win denied by some of the most disgusting farce ever seen on a cricket field?
I know, ultimately, history books will be written on what the score-card says and not who claimed the moral victory. But this time, I feel its a bit different, mainly because of all the controversies surrounding this test, the context of the Indian win, vis-a-vis stopping Aus record breaking run again. This test series will be remembered for a long time for its intensity and the controversies and how India overcame all of it to beat Aus in its own fortress - Perth !
We are 2-1 up as far as I am concerned. If not for Bucknor we would have won last test in sydeny and 2004 series as well. Bucknor should be assisanated. Or at least someone should invent some slur that he said against Islam so he can be fatwed and jehaded of to another world!
Yep, very true. In fact OZs won their last series in India playing with few extra players as well. The 2nd part is a gem :hysterical::hysterical:
This test series will be remembered for a long time for its intensity and the controversies and how India overcame all of it to beat Aus in its own fortress - Perth !
Yeah, I'm sure many of them felt the same way in 79 after some of the bad press over the Oval test. What's remembered today? England won the series 1-0 after a thrilling draw at the Oval. Not "we was robbed, and they got away with it."

You're right, most Aussies/neutrals will only remember the scoreline. I'm quite certain if I had been around back then, I'd remember that we'd been robbed, but I suppose everyone's different. I wouldn't go as far as to say I see it as us being 2-1 up, but still say it's annoying that we're 2-1 down when we really shouldn't be. Now people can bring up that pathetic display where we lost 3 wickets in the penultimate over to that prick, ClarkE, but to be fair, wouldn't your spirits be dampened by such harsh treatment by match officials? It should never have got to that stage in the first place...