How Sehwag plotted Ponting's fall

DesiChap

How Sehwag plotted Ponting's fall Press Trust Of India Perth: If it had not been for Virender Sehwag's intervention, Ishant Sharma may just have missed the opportunity to get the crucial wicket of Australian skipper Ricky Ponting, which turned the third Test in India's favour on Saturday. Perhaps not wanting to tire the youngster, Anil Kumble was all set to take off Ishant from the attack when the stump microphones picked up an interesting conversation that the Indian skipper had with Sehwag. The opener, who was not in action in the first two Tests, walked up to Kumble and advised him to persist with Ishant for an extra over as Ponting was having a torrid time facing the 19-year-old pacer. "Meri baat maano... Ponting strike par hai aur ladka (Ishant) rhythm mein hai (Ponting is on the strike and the boy is in rhythm)," were Sehwag's words of wisdom to Kumble. The Indian skipper paid heed and asked Ishant, "Ek aur karega? (Would you bowl another over?)." Ishant replied, "Haan Karoonga (Yes I will)" and went on to pay back the faith by getting Ponting caught behind of the very first ball of that extra over. Later Sehwag said he advised Kumble to persist with Ishant because as Delhi captain he knew that the youngster was capable of bowling long spells. "As Delhi captain, I knew he could bowl a longer spell and that's why I asked Anil to continue with him," he said. http://www.cricketnext.com/news/how-sehwag-plotted-pontings-fall/29046-13.html

I didn't deserve to be in the team: Sehwag Perth: Dashing opener Virender Sehwag who made a return to the side with a crucial performance with both bat and ball in the Perth Test said that his comeback match was a very big challenge for him but he backed himself despite his failure to get big runs ahead of the Australia tour to deliver. In a candid conversation, Viru made a startling admission, "I didn’t deserve to be in the team as first choice because both Wasim Jaffer and Yuvraj Singh had performed extremely well against Pakistan." He said this in response to a query on how disappointed he felt on missing out narrowly n the first two Test matches in Melbourne and Sydney. Sehwag showed a semblance of getting back to his scoring ways when he scored a century in the practice match in Canberra ahead of the Perth Test. On his return at the WACA, the most feared ground and Australia’s most favoured, facing four quicks, Sehwag said he knew before even the Canberra match that he would be playing in the third Test match. "It was a tough one to play in Perth, 0-2 down and in a comeback match but I have always been positive and like tough challenges," said the Delhi dasher. "I am always positive in my approach be it in my batting or in the field, that’s the kind of person I am," he said. Sehwag scored 29 and 43 and most importantly for India, was given the ball in the second innings and his double strike put India firmly on top on the fourth day of the third Test match. Sehwag also played a role in Anil Kumble’s decision to persist with Ishant Sharma in the morning session. The youngster had given a torrid time to Ricky Ponting and just when Kumble thought of replacing him with RP Singh, Sehwag, Sharma’s Delhi teammate and skipper advised him to persist with the youngster. “He is used to bowling 10-11 over spells for Delhi,” is what Viru said to Kumble. The advice worked. Kumble gave the ball to Ishant again, and on his very first ball of the over Ishant forced an edge from the troubled Aussie skipper and gave India the vital breakthrough. http://www.cricketnext.com/news/i-didnt-deserve-to-be-in-the-team-sehwag/29047-13.html

Guest dada_rocks
I didn't deserve to be in the team: Sehwag Perth: Dashing opener Virender Sehwag who made a return to the side with a crucial performance with both bat and ball in the Perth Test said that his comeback match was a very big challenge for him but he backed himself despite his failure to get big runs ahead of the Australia tour to deliver. In a candid conversation, Viru made a startling admission, "I didn’t deserve to be in the team as first choice because both Wasim Jaffer and Yuvraj Singh had performed extremely well against Pakistan." He said this in response to a query on how disappointed he felt on missing out narrowly n the first two Test matches in Melbourne and Sydney. Sehwag showed a semblance of getting back to his scoring ways when he scored a century in the practice match in Canberra ahead of the Perth Test. On his return at the WACA, the most feared ground and Australia’s most favoured, facing four quicks, Sehwag said he knew before even the Canberra match that he would be playing in the third Test match. "It was a tough one to play in Perth, 0-2 down and in a comeback match but I have always been positive and like tough challenges," said the Delhi dasher. "I am always positive in my approach be it in my batting or in the field, that’s the kind of person I am," he said. Sehwag scored 29 and 43 and most importantly for India, was given the ball in the second innings and his double strike put India firmly on top on the fourth day of the third Test match. Sehwag also played a role in Anil Kumble’s decision to persist with Ishant Sharma in the morning session. The youngster had given a torrid time to Ricky Ponting and just when Kumble thought of replacing him with RP Singh, Sehwag, Sharma’s Delhi teammate and skipper advised him to persist with the youngster. “He is used to bowling 10-11 over spells for Delhi,†is what Viru said to Kumble. The advice worked. Kumble gave the ball to Ishant again, and on his very first ball of the over Ishant forced an edge from the troubled Aussie skipper and gave India the vital breakthrough. http://www.cricketnext.com/news/i-didnt-deserve-to-be-in-the-team-sehwag/29047-13.html
Take a bow.. :two_thumbs_up:so humble.. But beg to differ sir , aapko maloom nahin aap kua chiz ho aap hamesha team idnia ke opener worth deserve karte hain.. HE is so uncluttered in hsi thought that kind of tells al u need to know about even his batting.. no matter what if ball is there to be hit he will hit sometimes he will hit even if it's not there..
Guest dada_rocks
Take A Bow Virender Sehwag.. When He Is Not There In The Indian Line Up For Any Game, Itz Alwayz A Feeling Of Sadness. Glad He Is Back In The Team..
My nick is dada rocks and yet I have been on record saying if inclusion of veeru means dropping of even ganguly then so be it.. he is that instrumental to indian line-up in my view:two_thumbs_up: PS: I am little biased too given the rustic devila may care touch in everything he does BHajji btw taught him in nets that since I am not playing u might have to bowl off-spin and u can turn it big hence bowlign around legs is a very good option:two_thumbs_up:

He would have been an amazing captian.. He always thinks on his feet. I remember he captained a few oneday games or i think he was acting captian when Dravid was off the field, and the way he would wring his field changes was amazing... Perth had Shewags magic written all over it.. Came out blazing with the bat, magic with the ball and then the advise to Kumble...

Take a bow.. :two_thumbs_up:so humble.. But beg to differ sir , aapko maloom nahin aap kua chiz ho aap hamesha team idnia ke opener worth deserve karte hain.. HE is so uncluttered in hsi thought that kind of tells al u need to know about even his batting.. no matter what if ball is there to be hit he will hit sometimes he will hit even if it's not there..
dada apke aur mere khyalat kaphi milte julte hai :D