Breaking News: Team Announced For Tri-Series

Prudent

Ganguly DROPPED for POOR Fielding :-)) Pls Mods let it stay here for 2-3 hrs before merging... Team Management has DROPPED Ganguly from ODIs..for his poor fielding... and Thus his ODI career has come to an end with this...no way he is going to come back in the ODI team again....and thus his test spot will always be under the scanner whenever he will be in poor form... Well Played mate...now vacate the spot...Raina and Tiwary are there to claim your spot.. Also Calcutta people are in the streets shouting slogans and set fire a effigy of BCCI chief Sharad Pawar.. now we have some chance in ODIs...good to see some youngsters in the team..

instead of giving the " fielding side, young side" and all, BCCI should have fielded a team capable of winning the one day series, with "horses for the courses" policy. Ganguly is better suited to aussie pitches, especially in one day matches. he can also contribute with his swing bowling. he has better record in one dayers there than even SRT. Laxman would have been an asset in aussie conditions , last time he did extremely well.scored a few hundreds. Dravid is picking up his form and can contribute well against the SL and Aussie bowlers. .
i don't think these guys will be there for the tests the next time we tour AUS. So its good that the selectors are sending a young team for the ODIs. Afterall these(one-day players) are the guyz who will be playing tests the next time we go there...so good decision from the selectors.
Guest HariSampath
mhr.....Mr.HariSampath is a known RD hater... But am shocked at his new found glee at dada's exclusion.Dada has been in great form.This is no way to treat people.
NONSENSE... I had always been saying that Dravid should have been in tests and ONLY tests all along...see all my posts in the India-Pak ODIs, before team for Aus etc. I had even been saying that Dravid should play at least one test before 1st test at Melbourne when there was speculation that Dravid may have to be dropped to accommodate Yuvraj. Also, everone here knows I had always been a strong critic of Ganguly in ODIs...I had started 2 threads after his 120 ball crawl that cost us that game. You are the one who accuses me of nonexistent things like "hater", "basher" etc....you are posting here like a wide eyed schoolgirl and NOT as an objective cricket watcher...just because I don't agree with your view that your 'schweetie" Dravid is just not good enough for ODIs . Now you put out Ganguly's test runs as a case for ODIs...LOL..wake up and smell the coffee..its OVER for Dravid and Ganguly in ODIs....bye bye to both

@OP I don't feel neccessity of such categoric threads, denouncing our ex-captain who has led us to many victories in past, not to mention his "tough" character against sledging bullies is an example for rest of the newbies to follow. Thing is that BCCI babus have realized that ODI team will be better minus Ganguly, so be it!!, there is no fun whatsoever in mocking Ganguly at selection committees decision, particularly when we know how "capable" Dhoni and Yuvraj are at Aussie pitches. Ganguly has led us to victory in many matches in past and he deserves a respectful farewell from at least we fans if not from babus of BCCI :(( let's respect our legends for we may not be able to see such great players like Dravid and Ganguly in future!!

Guest HariSampath

@beetle You had posted earlier in this thread that Tendulkar should have been dropped instead of Ganguly.....enuf said about how you think on cricket issues....Sachin DROPPED for ganguly in ODIs ????? LMAO

BCCI chairman,Vice Chairman Shukla have never ever played gully cricket and most of the selection panel are a very low profile , lesser players who have never performed at the highest level and failed miserably in Australian condition. I can't understand how can they judge the situation drop SG and RD. Even though i am not a very big fan of SG neither advocate his place in the playing XI but RD must be a certainty in the team.

I think it is a mistake to drop RD and SG. Playing in Australia, you want to go with players who are have already proved their ability of playing well in and against Australia. Ganguly has displayed some breathtaking knocks in the past in and against the Kangaroos and he could have been useful. Same for RD. New players should be groomed but first priority is to win the series.

If the criteria is fielding then I don't think Bhajji , Chawla , Sharma , Pathan , RP and few others are outstanding fielders. In cricket u have to even bat a bit to win matches. Looking at the form of Yuvi and MSD .... GOD save us.

India are clearly wanting to build a team for the 2011 World Cup it partially explains the dropping of Ganguly and non consideration of Dravid. Furthermore, Tendulkar is arguably the best ODI batsman ever and arguably the best right now. You cannot drop the best ODI batsman in the world due to fielding. In 2007, he averaged 47.50 with the staggering strike rate of 85.58. This smashes Ganguly's comeback year performance, you also have to take into account that Ganguly was in bad form after the England series with just 216 runs in his last 8 innings. Tendulkar is also a better fielder than either Ganguly or Dravid. On a realistic scale (ie, something that has to work in practice), dropping Tendulkar would cause massive riots, and why not, since it would be a completely unjustified move. I think the BCCI will certainly have to wait till Tendulkar either has a drop in form or retires to drop him; remember, Tendulkar said that he may play in the 2011 World Cup, if the form stays good and there is no reason why he cannot. You can allow bad fielding from the best ODI opener of all time. Please don't call me a Tendulkar fan boy. I was up with most of you for dropping him in ODIs in 2005, but since his resurgance, dropping him should not be in the question.

Personally it is a very poor decision not to include RD and SCG in ODIs. Let's see how our youngies do now. I hope they nurture Rohit Sharma for tests as well. I think he could be our new WALL when RD retires. He is definitely better than Raina/Uthappa etc. Quite frankly I am more interested in tests & hope we win in Adelaide and therefore win the test series 3-1.

I think selectors have made a big mistake by picking all 3 of Raina, Karthik and Uthappa. In the team we have only 3 top order players (SRT, VS and GG). And #3 is the spot where we have been facing problems. So, either pick RD, VVS or SG, or someone like a Badrinath. It will be a big test for GG now. If he doesn't do well here he should be dropped for the next year or so, and we should be looking at other options. And obviously PC didn't deserve a spot. I thought RPS should have been rested. (I hope he is rested for a few matches at the least). SA series is coming up and we need him to be fully fit. And the selectors should once and for all talk to RD, SG and SRT, and ask them if they think they will be around for WC 2011. If they say no, then they should be given a farewell series (all 3 of them deserve that) and considered only for tests.