Ganguly's omission

liddu

Guest HariSampath

Anyways, hats off to both Saurav Ganguly and Dravid for some memorable ODI performances over the years. Just that the game is a great leveller and as age catches up nothing can be done, the game has to go on. Well played Dravid, VVS and Ganguly. Keep playing well in tests.

definately another bad day for India.... We repeatedly FAIL to honor and respect our GREATS.....We are not going to see players like Ganguly and Rahul Dravid again!! I am not surprised knowing that we belong to the same nation where the greatest leader Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel has been sidelined in history books by you know whom :((

Guest HariSampath

^...what do you suggest bcci should have done. they had drpped both dravid and ganguly before, and as they havent announced retiremnet, it means they want to play. not a question of playing forever...the issue is now, and for this series there was no lace based on cricket reasons, and hence dropped. so what do you think bcci should have done...Go to Ganguly and say we are not considering you for selection ? Then Ganguly will say " ok, I shall try to come back"...and then what should BCCI do ? wait for them to voluntarily quit the team ? Thats never going to happen. Or keep selecting them till they "gracefully retire" ? and who defines that ? and till that, India keep losing ?

Guest HariSampath
"Is Dhoni forcing Ganguly out" story for real ? Or is it a media creation ?
No way its a media creation. It is very much real. YES dhoni doesnt want Ganguly in the ODI team, and one look at the way Ganguly has been playing, fielding and running is enough to see why
Guest HariSampath
wtf ? best ever Indian ODI batsman?
LOL...Ganguly was perhaps one of the worst ever batters to have played for India in ODIs in recent years
Guest HariSampath
Now, they will descend and launch onto you :haha: But u can face the chin music of ICF quite well :two_thumbs_up:
Of course I can face any chin music anywhere :-) All I would do is point out facts, that is enough. Mindless defence of anyone or mindless bashing of anyone is not my style. I do criticise Sachin when he plays stupidly, I had criticised Dravid for his stonewalling after first test, but picked him in my 11, I had dropped Dhoni and Yuvraj from my team for Sydney test, but had supported Yuvraj's inclusion before series. So I dont bash anyone or worship anyone. Just plain cricket facts and logic and straight talk :-)

Now what the hell is this .... Train services in two sections of Eastern Railway were on Monday affected as irate supporters of Sourav Ganguly put up a blockade at Barasat in North 24 Parganas protesting against the cricketer's exclusion from the Indian team for the triangular tournament in Australia. "We want Dada back. It's a conspiracy," the protestors shouted. HUH ..

Guest HariSampath
:( It seems one of my idols has finally rode off into the sunset as far as ODIs go. India's 2nd greatest ODI bat and among top 5 ODI openers of all time. Well played Dada :isalute:
and who are the other 4 sir ?...ganguly figures in ur list of 5 top ODI batters of ALL time ??? Now I know why folks consider your humor fantastic...take a bow gambo :-)
Guest HariSampath

^ I guess you would say that Ganguly is better as an ODI opener than Gordon Greenidge, Des Haynes, Adam Gillchrist, Sanath Jayasurya , Mathew Hayden, Herschelle Gibbs, Graham Gooch, Saeed Anwar, Gary Kirsten, and so many others whose names dont come to mind right away....duh...in my book Ganguly doesnt figure in ANY top ODI list for ANY reason. He has been one of the biggest overrated hypes as an ODI player in the world.