Ganguly's omission

liddu

Ganguly's omission leaves Indian camp surprised PERTH, January 20: As news filtered in about Sourav Ganguly's omission from the One-day squad for the forthcoming triangular series, the mood in the Indian camp on Sunday turned somber with the team wondering what destiny had in store for one of the greatest One-day cricketers in the world. Ganguly staged one of the most dramatic comebacks last year by returning to the team after 16 months in wilderness. The pugnacious left-hander did not stop at that and has been the team's second most consistent One-day batsman with 1240 runs from 32 matches with no less than 12 fifties. His overall career average of 41.02 is better than when he was left out in September 2005. Only Sachin Tendulkar, with 1425 runs from 33 games, has done better than him. The issue among cricketers is not only the omission of Ganguly but also the manner in which selectors have chosen to go about it. Ganguly deserved to be forewarned about his fate for a graceful exit if that is how the selectors were planning the future. His stature and form deserved this decency. As cricketers filtered in and out of each other's rooms, the two selectors present in Australia, Ranjib Biswal and Venkatapathy Raju, locked themselves in their rooms. As evening descended, Ganguly chose to tear himself away from the crowd and take a quiet walk towards the Swan river which flows behind the hotel. His steps weary and his eyes dazed, one of India's most valiant cricketers had just been dealt a blow he did not deserve. However, a few hours before the team announcement, the left-hander was cheerful as he celebrated the triumph at WACA and proclaimed that Indians were playing the Australians better than any other side in the world. "Australia is still the number one team in the world but I think we have a very good side that could be No.1," Ganguly had said. "We have a side which has played better against Australia than any other side in the world which is a good sign for us. To be honest we have played better than them (this summer)." "I don't want to talk about the past but I feel we were very unlucky not to win in Sydney. We were happy to win in Perth and we think we can level the series," he added. Ganguly felt Australia were missing Glenn McGrath and Shane Warne badly. He also wondered whether the newer set of Australian players were capable of handling pressure. "They are finding out that players can't go on and play forever. Obviously they have less experience now. Their young players need to step up," he said.

Guest dada_rocks

This is pathetic decision to say the least: Here is my pedstrianchallegen for whoever has replaced ganguly: give me average of just 24 at strike rate of 70+ .. yes ur target is half of what dada has been doing since comeback ..

Sidhu going bezerk on NDtv Sidhu sayz "where are u vengsarkar, i want to face you rite now.. where u @ give me a reason to drop ganguly, the most consistent odi batsman off late for India." Jadeja joinz the party.. "selectoz gone crazy" hmmm i reckon atleast one of the two, dravid and gang, should definately have been picked.. i mean we are playing against 2 good odi teamz and playing away from home.. not all youngsters might come to the party this time.. it would be good if they can score big runz but i doubt.. they shoulld have taken the likez of Dravid or Ganguly atleast for this overseaz odi series..

Guest dada_rocks

politics is the word........... BTW Siddhu has to be one of the most versatile with on camera.. man thsi guy becomes funny in one show does serious cricket analysis in the other and then goes in parlaiment raises the issues of social cause all with aplomb and professionalism:two_thumbs_up:

Sidhu is one jerk, one would be well-advised to completely ignore him.

BTW Siddhu has to be one of the most versatile with on camera.. man thsi guy becomes funny in one show does serious cricket analysis in the other and then goes in parlaiment raises the issues of social cause all with aplomb and professionalism
Yea righhhhhhhhhhhht ! :haha:
Guest dada_rocks
Sidhu is one jerk, one would be well-advised to completely ignore him. Yea righhhhhhhhhhhht ! :haha:
Yes I know he is not ur mumbling clueless type on camera which middle class indians love to adore..:hysterical:
Yes I know he is not ur mumbling clueless type on camera which middle class indians love to adore..:hysterical:
I think even Siddhu doesnt take himself seriously ! :hysterical::hysterical: Siddhu is a living a joke, he is a joke, whatever he says is a joke, whatever he does is a joke !
Guest dada_rocks

Yes I guess he sud take to mumbling cluelessness for better rating When he is in laughter show he doesn;t take himself seriously rest of the time he is top notch

Guest dada_rocks

I guess MM can't appreciate it because beyond english he wud not knwo what is he talking in other languages. trust me mian I too have little intereste in these langauges and he is nothign sort of extra-ordinary and the seamless switching from one language to another just top-notch

Younsters deserve a chance. Let's see how they do. They could have asked RD and SCG to retire rather than drop them like this. Both have give a lot to the Indian team - they shouldn't be treated like this.
they deserve a chance when they are scoring plenty of runs and experienced players in the team arents scoring runs we're gonna chuck in a lot of youngsters against Aus and SL on aus pitches
Guest dada_rocks

Screw you selectors : u can't see me happy for long can you Here I was rejoicing in perth victory and u bloody dropped this bad news on me by leaving dada out.. Just go check the victory stats of last year everytime india won the feature was huge opening partnership between god and dada ....... U just don't drop a player averagig 44+ in one day arena his 70+ strike-rate notwithstanding. See the whole team in pi$$ed the rumours of pariah this and that doesn;t hold http://www.cricketnext.com/news/gangulys-omission-leaves-indian-camp-surprised/29074-13.html Ganguly deserved to be forewarned about his fate for a graceful exit if that is how the selectors were planning the future. His stature and form deserved this decency. As cricketers filtered in and out of each other's rooms, the two selectors present in Australia, Ranjib Biswal and Venkatapathy Raju, locked themselves in their rooms.