Site Feedback

Gambit

Re: Site Feedback hey man.. the avatar thing is racism! why cant new posters have an avatar? did you not know that dr. martin luther king had a dream and in that dream he saw avatars for all posters, the junior, new members and the veterans.

Re: Site Feedback Ravi, Three things: 1. I agree with what someone said about the top Nav bar -- it would be nice to have a drop-down on mouse-over or something. Or even a sidebar above the 'Reception panel' 2. The forum pages are too wide for my screen, both at work and at home. 1024x768 -- and I have to scroll left and right, which is a little annoying. It wasn't this way before. 3. On the text editor, tags and smileys etc are added to the end of the message, is it possible to add them to where the cursor is? I don't know if the editor has that option. Otherwise, kudos -- I'm loving the site.

Re: Site Feedback

After a person reaches a certain amount of posts' date=' they should be allowed to pick the bat they want. I say this because the best you can get is an MRF, but I'd want a Hero Honda ton (like Ganguly & Yuvraj use, preferably with a yellow grip :hic: )...[/quote'] That is a tough option to program and will take time but can be done. Will consider doing it when I got some time COB

Re: Site Feedback why is the site too wide for u guys.. its exceptionally narrow for me.. narrower than other forums..... i dont understand how its so big that u have to scroll sideways horizontally... here's a ss of how it looks from my side.. maybe there is some setting u guys are missing icfil2.th.jpg

Ravi, Three things: 1. I agree with what someone said about the top Nav bar -- it would be nice to have a drop-down on mouse-over or something. Or even a sidebar above the 'Reception panel'
Drop down menu will be put in place shortly, thanks for the suggestion.
2. The forum pages are too wide for my screen, both at work and at home. 1024x768 -- and I have to scroll left and right, which is a little annoying. It wasn't this way before.
Not sure why you are having that problem, I have introduced couple of scripts that ensures the forums don't stretch horizontally. The forums is supposed to cater to a desktop settings as low as 800x600. When you say it is wide, do you mean for every thread or just some threads?
3. On the text editor, tags and smileys etc are added to the end of the message, is it possible to add them to where the cursor is? I don't know if the editor has that option. Otherwise, kudos -- I'm loving the site.
It is possible to add the smileys anywhere I'm sure. I can test it again no worries. As for tags, you can select the text you want a tag for and then press the tag button you want. That will place the tag for the selected text. Thanks for your feedback, some are pretty good suggestions and will improve the interface of the website.

why is the site too wide for u guys.. its exceptionally narrow for me.. narrower than other forums..... i dont understand how its so big that u have to scroll sideways horizontally... here's a ss of how it looks from my side.. maybe there is some setting u guys are missing
Cheers, that exactly was my opinion too. The forums are in fact narrow and should cater to anything over 800x600.

Ravi, Three things: 1. I agree with what someone said about the top Nav bar -- it would be nice to have a drop-down on mouse-over or something. Or even a sidebar above the 'Reception panel'
Drop down menu will be put in place shortly, thanks for the suggestion.
Here you go Vroom, the menu is now in place. Needs a bit of tidy up with the Icons but the Menu and the navigation should work fine now :wtg:

Re: Site Feedback oh sweet drop down, Ravi (that's what she said? :eek:) thanks a bunch. -->I would label it Menu, and perhaps make it more prominent (underline or bold it perhaps), just to differentiate. -->It would be nice if the dropdown could drop a little lower, right now it covers the name of the thing that I am mouse-overing. -->As Anakin said, there is text on the top left corner -->The banner ads under the dropdown seem left-aligned, instead of center-aligned. Amazing turnaround time Ravs -- If I had a medal I would give you one :wtg: