Suresh Raina the future of Indian Cricket

head coach

Raina has talent and all the strokes. He can't blame anyone but for himself having been out of action for sometime though. He had heaps of opportunity to prove his worth but came a cropper overseas. I guess someone else needed to be tried. Meanwhile Uthappa that looked not as good as Raina has grabbed the opportunities well enough.
I don't know how many of you saw that ODI series in SA. But he certainly has trouble against short deliveries. I don't mind the low scores. But the way he was getting out was extremely ugly and I suspect something of that sort will happen again this time. I hope he proves me wrong though!

This is where we as in fans and them as in selectors get it wrong. They should NOT tag any player as "player to watch out for". Consider his run series by series, do not flatter him so much that he crashes back to earth so hard that its impossible for him to regain his ground, example: Kaif.

Woa ! How refreshing is it' date=' to see some innocent emotions, after having subjected to all that sh!t in the [b']politics forum ! :two_thumbs_up:
Politics forum?? Where is that? And why do you go there? Are you interested in politics related discussions or what?
Politics forum?? Where is that? And why do you go there? Are you interested in politics related discussions or what?
Chandan, you dont even know there is a separate forum for politics and current affairs, under the general discussions forum ? Actually, its good that you dont. If you pay a visit there, I am sure you will be VERY upset, coz lot of grown-up men are acting half their ages !
Chandan' date=' you dont even know there is a separate forum for politics and current affairs, under the general discussions forum ? Actually, its good that you dont. If you pay a visit there, I am sure you will be VERY upset, coz lot of grown-up men are acting half their ages ![/quote'] Oh my God!!! I am interested in only cricket so I never visit other forums. After US Open I had gone on the other sports forum but it was mostly inactive. After shifting a thread or two to Chit-chat I visited there to see if those threads were active there or not. That is all. As for Raina, I suspect that he'll be a failure once again. But I badly hope that he proves me wrong. We need quality batsmen coming up, even in the test matches.

I see Chetswar Pujara as india's future....i think this was his first season in ranji not sure and retain at first place by scoring 800+ runs...last year was utthappa who scored 700+ runs...but utthappa couldnt consist with his form...he had some good innings in between....

I see Chetswar Pujara as india's future....i think this was his first season in ranji not sure and retain at first place by scoring 800+ runs...last year was utthappa who scored 700+ runs...but utthappa couldnt consist with his form...he had some good innings in between....
I second that, He gave me the most points in Super Selector :D

His approach to batting is very uncomplicated and he always puts a price tag on his wicket. He has two immediate hurdles to cross though. Once Sehwag is back, his position in the batting order becomes a bit unstable. Batting at no.5/6, his returns may not be as prolific as it is now, when he bats at no.3. That may create an illusion that he isn’t contributing enough to the team’s cause and will cause speculation about his place in the side, especially if his potential replacements do well. And Rohit Sharma is fast on his trails.

His approach to batting is very uncomplicated and he always puts a price tag on his wicket. He has two immediate hurdles to cross though. Once Sehwag is back' date=' his position in the batting order becomes a bit unstable. Batting at no.5/6, his returns may not be as prolific as it is now, when he bats at no.3. That may create an illusion that he isn’t contributing enough to the team’s cause and will cause speculation about his place in the side, especially if his potential replacements do well. And Rohit Sharma is fast on his trails.[/quote'] I am pretty sure Rohit(or Yusuf) will have to sit out if Sehwag returns.Also with the kind of game he has MSD is smart enough to realize he should come in at #3 or #4. He is not really made for the death overs unlike Yusuf,Dhoni or even Yuvraj for that matter.
I am pretty sure Rohit(or Yusuf) will have to sit out if Sehwag returns.Also with the kind of game he has MSD is smart enough to realize he should come in at #3 or #4. He is not really made for the death overs unlike Yusuf' date='Dhoni or even Yuvraj for that matter.[/quote'] Having Yuvraj at no.5 or 6 is a criminal because, he is STILL, our best ODI bat. Ultimately, that is the trade-off that they would have to make because, if Yuvraj continues at no.4, then Rohit is a better candidate for the no.5/6 spot because, as you mentioned, his range of attacking strokes is better than Raina’s. On the flip-side, Raina guards his wicket more fiercely than Rohit, so even if he does bat at no.5/6, his role may be that of providing company as the hitters around him go berserk.
Having Yuvraj at no.5 or 6 is a criminal because, he is STILL, our best ODI bat. Ultimately, that is the trade-off that they would have to make because, if Yuvraj continues at no.4, then Rohit is a better candidate for the no.5/6 spot because, as you mentioned, his range of attacking strokes is better than Raina’s. On the flip-side, Raina guards his wicket more fiercely than Rohit, so even if he does bat at no.5/6, his role may be that of providing company as the hitters around him go berserk.
No i didn't say that..infact think that would be wrong.I think Raina is more attacking than Rohit and has a wider range..just not in the Yuvi,Dhoni and Yusuf category in the death overs. You'll get absolutely nothing from Rohit in those slog overs except a few pretty drives:giggle: He can't even rotate the strike as effectively as Raina. You're right about Yuvraj being the trump card though..however do you think that is true even in SL conditions?Although he did better today,his innings was the least fluent. But i think as you have suggested Yuvaj may just get MSD's vote of confidence ahead of Raina. Well #5 won't be that bad for Raina,i suppose.