Dinesh Karthik in the team over Manish Pandey

54 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

There is no greater talent than Rahul is waiting in the wings. 6 games that in a gap of 1-2 years is not called chances.  if this was the criteria, Kohli would have been dropped from the test team in 2012 itself after his poor performance in WI and then is Aus first two tests but when you see a talent who has done so well, you give him chances to settle down and not keep him in and out.  You can never make a player with this method.  They dropped Pant after one T20. I dont know how Kohli would have kept his place for so long in our T20 side with same criteria while both he was absolutely an average T20 batsmen. Only in last 2-3 years, Kohli started doing well in T20s and now he wants ready-made players.  This isn't how a team is made. If you have identified someone, give him proper chances.  

He was dropped in 2 series in same year cause he was performing badly. Why would kohli be dropped for Tests ? He proved himself in Odis and playing in T20 side before that and he was part of squad from 2008 to 2011 with 8 100s already in those 3 years. Only a fool would drop a guy with 8 100s. There was no question of dropping kohli. We can't compare kohli to Rahul what So ever. ARE WE STARTING TO PICK PEOPLE ONLY ON THE BASIS OF TALENT OR will they perform ? Had enough of that Rohit sharma talent crap never again. No one cares if he has talent if he keeps bottling it every time he gets selected in a series. Project pant was always ICF hype  doubt anyone in real world believes he is ready yet. He is just an another Afridi/maxwell who had decent IPL. He was struggling to put  bat to ball on a super patta against average WI bowlers. Most of us knew he is gone after that leaving out those set on people who were really into this pant hype. Even karthik played that T20 after long time did he not do well ? Virat has no patience what so ever either you perform in those limited opportunities you get or get out. This applies to everyone except Dhoni its just a harsh reality. 

3 hours ago, Rasgulla said:

He proved himself in Odis and playing in T20 side before that and he was part of squad from 2008 to 2011 with 8 100s already in those 3 years. Only a fool would drop a guy with 8 100s. There was no question of dropping kohli.

Hasnt rahul proved himself in test , infact he has a 100 at 4 in t20 against west indies who is world champion

Its not easy to get a 100 at 4 in t20 , kohli is yet to make one in international t20s

We can't compare kohli to Rahul what So ever. ARE WE STARTING TO PICK PEOPLE ONLY ON THE BASIS OF TALENT OR will they perform ?

Talent has to be given proper opportunity and sometimes a lil extra as well 

KL rahul has just played his 9 games and made 248 runs with one 50 and one 100

Kohli had 256 runs in his 1st 9 games with 2 fifties

How much of difference do u see and what legend did kohli beocme in his 1st 10 games 

Project pant was always ICF hype  doubt anyone in real world believes he is ready yet. He is just an another Afridi/maxwell who had decent IPL. He was struggling to put  bat to ball on a super patta against average WI bowlers. Most of us knew he is gone after that leaving out those set on people who were really into this pant hype. Even karthik played that T20 after long time did he not do well ?

Wi wkts arent super patta, ball comes a lil slow on bat when ur coming , u remeber when dhoni went on his 1st tour to west indies he was struggling whole tour 

He avg 23 with s/r of 78........ 

MAxwell and afridi had abilties they didnt do much with it was their problem, how have u put pant in same category who hasnt even gotten chances 

Virat has no patience what so ever either you perform in those limited opportunities you get or get out. This applies to everyone except Dhoni its just a harsh reality. 

The bold part thats the problem, u need patience to find and make players

even if someone performs in those limited chances, whats the guarantee he wud continue to do well for long 

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Hasnt rahul proved himself in test , infact he has a 100 at 4 in t20 against west indies who is world champion

Its not easy to get a 100 at 4 in t20 , kohli is yet to make one in international t20s

Talent has to be given proper opportunity and sometimes a lil extra as well 

KL rahul has just played his 9 games and made 248 runs with one 50 and one 100

Kohli had 256 runs in his 1st 9 games with 2 fifties

How much of difference do u see and what legend did kohli beocme in his 1st 10 games 

Wi wkts arent super patta, ball comes a lil slow on bat when ur coming , u remeber when dhoni went on his 1st tour to west indies he was struggling whole tour 

He avg 23 with s/r of 78........ 

MAxwell and afridi had abilties they didnt do much with it was their problem, how have u put pant in same category who hasnt even gotten chances 

The bold part thats the problem, u need patience to find and make players

even if someone performs in those limited chances, whats the guarantee he wud continue to do well for long 

I am sure Test players like wasim Jaffer and pujara proved themselves in Tests. Time to bring those Test players into ODI team so.. Dhoni has 23 balls 45 or something in that same match where he got a 100 in T20I in USA(which we lost) Doesn't matter if kohli has a 100 in T20I atall as long as his 70s or 80s does the job for India. He averages over 55 which is mental in T20s and he is more consistent not one good innings on a real patta where both teams scored 240+ in a T20I game. You are comparing the best T20I player to a guy who played few matches on modern day pattas. The time Kohli came into the squad is different to the Times now. We can't even compare both situations. That wicket pant played on was an absolute patta where he sucked all the momentum and WI chased down 190 with 9 wics left in the bank unless you are trying to tell me lewis is a good player on slow pitches. He is not even performing in domestic matches to even get back into this team. Iyer got his reward for performing well. So he should be blaming no one but himself. There is no guarantees in his team if you fail he will find a replacement which is good in one way it encourages every player to perform regularly. At the end of the day he hasn't done much in Odis for that #4 spot. He is ok for now in T20s should replace Dhawan if possible but we all know Dhawan will stay.

4 hours ago, Rasgulla said:

I am sure Test players like wasim Jaffer and pujara proved themselves in Tests. Time to bring those Test players into ODI team so.. Dhoni has 23 balls 45 or something in that same match where he got a 100 in T20I in USA(which we lost) Doesn't matter if kohli has a 100 in T20I atall as long as his 70s or 80s does the job for India. He averages over 55 which is mental in T20s and he is more consistent not one good innings on a real patta where both teams scored 240+ in a T20I game. You are comparing the best T20I player to a guy who played few matches on modern day pattas. The time Kohli came into the squad is different to the Times now. We can't even compare both situations. 

Wasim Jaffer or Pujara never smashed "second fastest century by Indian". KL Rahul has scored a century while batting at  No.4. He can anchor as well as attack. 

Secondly yes we can't compare the time when Kohli came, because Kohli was damn lucky that he had a Captain Dhoni who was rotating Gambhir, Sachin, Sehwag on a foreign tour Cb series so that Kohli and Rohit could bat at 3,4.

Damn. One is impatient and other we had was ultrapatient. Can't we again get a Captain like Ganguly?? 

3 hours ago, swastikpanda2 said:

Wasim Jaffer or Pujara never smashed "second fastest century by Indian". KL Rahul has scored a century while batting at  No.4. He can anchor as well as attack. 

Secondly yes we can't compare the time when Kohli came, because Kohli was damn lucky that he had a Captain Dhoni who was rotating Gambhir, Sachin, Sehwag on a foreign tour Cb series so that Kohli and Rohit could bat at 3,4.

Damn. One is impatient and other we had was ultrapatient. Can't we again get a Captain like Ganguly?? 

The answer is: No