South Africa face tough India itinerary

DesiChap

Chennai' date=' Ahmedabad and Kanpur in March ! :haha: the Saffies would do well to bring some cooling vests... and lots of rehydrants ![/quote'] If the heat is as great as you predict, then India may be best to play five bowlers and utilise Ganguly as a sixth bowler too.

Pretty good itinerary. For a change, the BCCI has done something good. Though the Chennai weather has the potential to knock the Saffies off, the fact that they arrive from Bangladesh will reduce the shock effect immensely. I would have preferred Kochi to Kanpur. But, that will be a bit unfair (2 tests in the south) for fans around the country. Besides, there is also the small matter of having such venues reserved for our friends from down under.:ridinghorse: Come October, we must be ready to pull the punches :boxing:

Pretty good itinerary. For a change, the BCCI has done something good. Though the Chennai weather has the potential to knock the Saffies off, the fact that they arrive from Bangladesh will reduce the shock effect immensely. I would have preferred Kochi to Kanpur. But, that will be a bit unfair (2 tests in the south) for fans around the country. Besides, there is also the small matter of having such venues reserved for our friends from down under.:ridinghorse: Come October, we must be ready to pull the punches :boxing:
I dont believe Kochi is a test venue?
I dont believe Kochi is a test venue?
Nah...not yet. But, I do hope it turns out to be one in the not-so-distant future. Playing India in India was never easy, until recently. BCCI must identify venues, that will test the opposition to the maximum. After all, there are good reasons behind calling it a Test :wink_smile:
As I was telling shwetabh earlier, they got this itinerary dead on. Hit them with Chennai, roll them through Ahmedabad and Kanpur and anything less than 2-0 is going to be very disappointing. Now if only they can fix that giant own goal that's being billed as Australia's itinerary...
edited .. sorry didnt read all the posts before I asked for the aussie itineray.