Taking the historic trip to India

Cricketics

18 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

It's not as bad. I have driven in US and in India after a long time, it took a couple of days to get used to. It's just the roads are small and people tend to drive way too close..3 inches too in some traffic areas. Had couple of fender benders and people just start with MCBCing. It took me a week to get used to the half-clutch drive in traffic signals. but finally bought an auto.

Still in India? Like it? Or wanting to to comeback? 

3 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Still in India? Like it? Or wanting to to comeback? 

I stayed for 2 years and came back in Sept. I would've preferred to stay back and didn't miss much of here, but had to come back for family reasons. I was fearing of I can manage to live in India, but it was not that hard. There is not much of lifestyle difference except for buying tech gadgets, it is very expensive and doesn't having convenient outlets. We were able to afford more luxuries in India than here, at home. 2 saal ke liye khud khana nahin pakaya, khud barthan nahi dhoya, khud ka undy nahin dhoya, car wash nahin kiya, as labor is cheap and easily available. Maybe I will retire in some city like Mysore someday.    

Edited by coffee_rules

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

I stayed for 2 years and came back in Sept. I would've preferred to stay back and didn't miss much of here, but had to come back for family reasons. I was fearing of I can manage to live in India, but it was not that hard. There is not much of lifestyle difference except for buying tech gadgets, it is very expensive and doesn't having convenient outlets. We were able to afford more luxuries in India than here, at home. 2 saal ke liye khud khana nahin pakaya, khud barthan nahi dhoya, khud ka undy nahin dhoya, car wash nahin kiya, as labor is cheap and easily available. Maybe I will retire in some city like Mysore someday.    

Interesting, where exactly were you based in india. Its my dream now to settle in India, may be not right now but at least 10 years from now. I feel I can adjust to India even though I might hear a lot that its hard to settle there, from fellow Indians there and even my family or friends here who visit back home keep saying the same. I feel its not that hard to adjust to life.

I could understand the electronic parts like you mentioned but I don’t think that thing is a priority or a bane of all problems.

10 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Interesting, where exactly were you based in india. Its my dream now to settle in India, may be not right now but at least 10 years from now. I feel I can adjust to India even though I might hear a lot that its hard to settle there, from fellow Indians there and even my family or friends here who visit back home keep saying the same. I feel its not that hard to adjust to life.

I could understand the electronic parts like you mentioned but I don’t think that thing is a priority or a bane of all problems.

Bengaluru. Definitely recommend to live in India, even for a few years..great experience! If you have such plans, you should plan to earn enough to maintain the same life as in US, best to choose less crowded city like Pune or C'garh. Dont recommend Bangalore or Mumbai. I would also avoid NCR with pollution scares. 

Edited by coffee_rules