Younis wants his boys to take cue from Indian team

DomainK

Karachi, January 24: Pakistan’s senior batsman Younis Khan wants his team to take a cue from India’s aggressive attitude in Australia to beat the World Champion side when they tour the sub-continent in March-April this year. “The Indians went at Australia aggressively during and after the Sydney Test and the attitude has paid dividends for them,†Younis said. India surprised Australia in the third Test in Perth after losing the first two Test matches. They finished on 309 for five on the first day of the Adelaide Test on Thursday. “I don’t think you can beat Australia by adopting a defensive or middle road policy. We will have to go full throttle at them to upset them.†Younis said he would push for an all attack policy against the Australians when they play three Tests, five one-day internationals and a Twenty20 match on their tour. The senior player also lauded India’s attitude despite two big defeats in Melbourne and Sydney. “I think India had the edge over Australia because of their varied bowling attack and because of their spinners. We must also field a varied attack against them."

they call him the animal, the beast... hez at it again :bhangra::bhangra::bhangra::bhangra::bhangra::bhangra::bhangra::bhangra::bhangra::bhangra::bhangra::bhangra: http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2008%5C01%5C23%5Cstory_23-1-2008_pg2_3 LAHORE: Controversies simply refuse to spare Pakistan cricket. Sharp differences with the teammates has forced star all-rounder Shahid Afridi to leave the training camp and proceed to Islamabad, Daily Times learnt here on Tuesday. According to sources close to the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), Afridi has skipped the training session at the National Stadium in Karachi and left for the capital city. “Afridi did not take part in the practice session on Tuesday and left for Islamabad to meet some high officials there. He was given a cold shoulder in the dressing room during the first one-day international against Zimbabwe on Monday,” sources added. Captain Shoaib Malik, coach Geoff Lawson and even manager Talat Ali are against the inclusion of Afridi in the team. “Captain, coach and manager are not interested in retaining Afridi in the team because of his behaviour and performance. Only chief selector Salahuddin Ahmad is in favour of Afridi.” Sources said despite a strong apposition from Malik and Lawson, Afridi was included in the playing eleven for the first ODI against the touring Zimbabwe. “Lawson had exchanged harsh words with Salahuddin when he came to know that Afridi was included in the outfit against his will.” In his report of India tour, Talat has held Afridi responsible for indiscipline and misconduct. He has also recommended ‘appropriate action’ against the all-rounder

I'll be glad if the AAG bowling attack materialises during this series. I'd also like Pakistan to field better than they normally do. Still the weakest link would be their batting, which might let them down. But even if they make Australia fight hard in the matches, it'll be great.

With all the infighting and politics going on i don't see much hope.

I'll be glad if the AAG bowling attack materialises during this series. I'd also like Pakistan to field better than they normally do. Still the weakest link would be their batting, which might let them down. But even if they make Australia fight hard in the matches, it'll be great.
You believe in miracles?
What infighting' date=' Faisal? Could you tell me in detail??[/quote'] too much to list.
And why would getting Asif, Akhtar and Gul together be a miracle? Are they not supposed to get fit March-April?
It hasn't happened in 3 years so it is more than unlikely . Add to that Asif is still injured and would probably not bowl a single ball for the next 2 months.
too much to list. It hasn't happened in 3 years so it is more than unlikely . Add to that Asif is still injured and would probably not bowl a single ball for the next 2 months.
Do list them for us, Faisal. Here on this forum, I'm completely cut off from what is happening in other countries. And Asif has been ruled out just after the SA series at home, isn't it? He had an elbow injury. How much time it'll take to recover from that? Sachin was out just for 5 months after his tennis elbow operation. Is Asif's injury bigger?
congrats cricketics. I am sure the sauces must have made your day.
dude its not that we want sh*t to happen. But your team and officials seem to entertain us on 'seconds' basis. Its like Ganguly-Chappel spat all god damn second in pakistani camp

Pakistan sure can challenge the Aussies but what Pakistan lacks is experienced players in test cricket. It's no secret experience wins games in test cricket and youth in ODI. I can't see many experienced players in the Pakistan set up and the experienced have bloated egos unfortunately. Unless they work as a unit there is no chance for them.

congrats cricketics. I am sure the sauces must have made your day.
I'd like to have seen you be equally sensitive when one of the idiots on the forum you moderate, called Sachin a little rat who is lucky to get his runs after his current hundred. Do stop being so patronizing, yeah?
Do list them for us' date= Faisal. Here on this forum, I'm completely cut off from what is happening in other countries. And Asif has been ruled out just after the SA series at home, isn't it? He had an elbow injury. How much time it'll take to recover from that? Sachin was out just for 5 months after his tennis elbow operation. Is Asif's injury bigger?
Ok here is a quick summary - Afridi dropped from the test squad for political reasons- Faisal Iqbal was picked ahead of both Kamal and Afridi. - Younis asked for A Rauf but selectors didn't listen and sendtRao to IND while Gul's replacment(Arafat) arrived late and wasn't able to play the test match - Younis asked Shoaib to be dropped for 2nd test(due to illness) but the coach/management didn't listen. - Younis refused to captain the PAK team but was later convinced. - Lawson is happy with Shoaib and says great things about him yet both him and Malik want to drop Afridi because of his attitude. - Chief selector is having heated arguments with captain/coach about the Afridi issue. There are one or two other issues that are really strange and are bringing PAK cricket down but i will discuss them when i have time. RE Asif's injury: He had a surgery and will start bowling after a gap of 3 months so i don't know if he will be able to make it to the series against AUS. p.s Nadal lost:sad_smile: