Outcome of this match

fineleg

Outcome of this match  

1. 1.

• India Win
    • Aus Win
    • Draw

Nine results and one draw in the last 10 years, Ravi. This is a result ground.
I dont think this is a results ground. The 9 results are because Aussies are so much better than everyone ... they scored lots of runs and have been able to skittle opposition out quickly. It requires something extra ordinary here ... like Agarkar bowling the spell of his life ... Forget what happened to the Poms.... Since India batted the way they did ... and have played out the time ... this looks like a drawn match ... India (specially without RP Singh) dont have the fire power to get the aussies out twice .... and they dont have the time to put enough runs to get India out again
Nine results and one draw in the last 10 years, Ravi. This is a result ground. It gets pretty difficult batting in 3rd and 4th innings. With the very dry track, getting dryer by the hour in the heat, and their two spinners (yes, I was wrong, dammit!), India will never have a better chance to close out the series. Those 165 or so runs added by the tail were gold-dust, and might well decide the match, barring a good old fashioned second innings collapse by India, a la England last time around.
I don't expect a second inning collapse Dhondy. I'm convinced if anyone has an upper hand in this test match it is the Indians. The momentum has shifted from the Aussies to the Indian couple of tests ago. It's not easy to run through this Indian team at this moment. As you said we may well be treated to a test win you never know. 9 out of 10 wins is encouraging.

Just review the Indian innings - Australia dropped what 5-6 catches. I still don't think this is a 500 run wicket, India did well above par. I don't see Australia getting more than 400 here in their innings if we latch on to most of the chances and half chances we get. If Karthik had not missed the run out yesterday it's quite possible Australia could have been 2 down before stumps. Key here is to hold on to chances and bowl straight. On such a slow wicket, batsmen will make mistakes out of frustration.

Just review the Indian innings - Australia dropped what 5-6 catches. I still don't think this is a 500 run wicket' date=' India did well above par. I don't see Australia getting more than 400 here in their innings if we latch on to most of the chances and half chances we get. If Karthik had not missed the run out yesterday it's quite possible Australia could have been 2 down before stumps. Key here is to hold on to chances and bowl straight. On such a slow wicket, batsmen will make mistakes out of frustration.[/quote'] Good point there were many sitters missed. Couple of wickets and the pressure will be on the Aussies. Over 500 runs is always a big score to chase.